Top Gear Season 22 & Xmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Get a room fellas.

I think it's sad what's happened, I've always been a bit apathetic when it came to Clarkson but I did admire his cojones. In a world where everyone's trying so hard to be PC it's nice to have someone call a spade a spade now and then, although some of his stuff is cringeworthy. I suppose you have to take the bad with the good.

I can only hope that we get something decent now. Got forbid I have to watch Tiff Needell and that semi-hot chick bang on about the latest Golf for ages!

I like Tiff and the semi-hot chick btw, they're just not half as entertaining as TG.

Soldato
I think this opens the door for Harris on TV. I don't think Evans will stand in unless Clarkson gives his approval as they are mates and his interview today was supportive.

Maybe, but I hope not on TG. I'd much rather he stick to his excellent, in depth analysis of cars (both performance and technical), which I think he wouldn't be able to if he was on Top Gear.

Soldato
I think this opens the door for Harris on TV. I don't think Evans will stand in unless Clarkson gives his approval as they are mates and his interview today was supportive.

I love Chris Harris but not sure I could watch him for one hour on a Sunday evening...think my brain would be overloaded with information.

Great content but probably better doing what he does now.

Soldato
I think this opens the door for Harris on TV.

Doubtful, nowhere near the mass appeal to be anything more than an even lesser viewed Fifth Gear.

I think he knows he's best off where he is at the moment, doing his own thing, his own way where people can watch at their leisure.

He's not mass market TV material IMO.

Man of Honour
I love Chris Harris but not sure I could watch him for one hour on a Sunday evening...think my brain would be overloaded with information.

Great content but probably better doing what he does now.

Id agree, frankly its a very hard act to follow, time to end it and start something new as whoever comes in it can't be the same.

Soldato
As soon as I read Piers Morgan I closed the link. Horrid man. The World would be a better place without him.

Clarkson and May will be on another station soon enough. Hammond may well try and stay as he, no doubt, sees himself as the main focus of the show.

Rightly or wrongly I'm disappointed with someone wasting A&E's time over a bruised lip. Until we know the entirety of the story then it's pure speculation. If I'd been working for 16 hours, for example, then I would be ill tempered - I'm not condoning anything but there can be extenuating circumstances that haven't been mentioned by the BBC. Hell they managed to keep all of the other scandals hidden for 30 odd years so why would they be transparent now.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom