I just don't understand some people

Soldato
I think the done thing these days is to whip out your phone and record her ranting and raving then post it on youtube and let the witch hunt commence. You have evidence which the police can use and everyone wants to name and shame her.

Associate
I think i could safely say on behalf of most of us English people, we'd much rather have a non-english person over here paying taxes and contributing to society, than an English chav who spends a life on benefit. Just a shame we can't deport our own people really.

+1 from me. Sadly the rise of UKIP and Farage spouting his brand of nationalistic twaddle makes this sort of thing more likely :(

Soldato
Had something similar at a local railway station where two lovely ladies where puffing away like laboratory beagles in a shelter that was clearly marked as 'no smoking'. A teenage girl was struggling to breathe as she was draining the inhaler she obviously needed.

I pointed out their rude behaviour and was greeted with a marvellous tirade which culminated in one of them attempting to phone 'her man' to 'come and sort you out'. She couldn't get a signal so I offered her my phone and she almost turned puce.

Anyhoo, the train arrived and only one of the ladies boarded and within minutes she had 'lit up' on the train and was busy arguing with other passengers. As the train pulled away the other lady appeared at my window, pounding it with her fists and telling me how much she loved me. I was so taken, I blew her kisses which only angered her more. Bless.

The sense of entitlement with these two was immense. Happy to do whatever they liked regardless of others and quick to anger if there behaviour was questioned. Don't you love today's society?

Soldato
It's rude to impose yourself on others sometimes, especially strangers. Not excusing the reaction your wife received in any way, but turning a blind eye to a very very trivial matter would have been wise. People annoy me constantly in little ways, but I don't have a go at them because we all share space and have to co-exist within it.

Associate
She couldnt turned a blind eye the lady threw the cigarettes butt in the sand pit their child was playing in. I woild nog be able your ignore that

Soldato
She couldnt turned a blind eye the lady threw the cigarettes butt in the sand pit their child was playing in. I woild nog be able your ignore that

In your opinion. Personally it wouldn't and doesn't bother me. It's so far down the list on things to worry about that quite frankly, it's not even on my list.

Soldato
There's a generation of people that have never been told "No" before because "they know my rights" and react with instant physical anger when anyone does say "No" to them. It sounds like you met one sadly.

Soldato
I don't have kids but I'd be pretty fuming if someone flicked a cigarette butt where they're playing.

I'm more concerned about parents who smoke at home in front of children 24/7 rather than an errant cigarette butt in a playground. I'm not condoning what the woman did, it was careless, but it's not the apocalypse.

Soldato
They're not mutually exclusive though. Both shouldn't happen.

Lots of things happen that shouldn't happen, but they do. Part of being a decent human being is knowing when to be tolerant. Just because someone does something trivial that annoys you, shouldn't be a reason to castigate them. Sometimes it's better to just to bite your lip and let the little things slide.

Just my outlook on life and it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom