I just don't understand some people

Soldato
You just have to feel sorry for these kind of people, so uneducated and ignorant, they'll never know any better. Do you care to hazard who she'll be voting for in the next election?

Unfortunately her child/children will most likely absorb her poor morals; it's a vicious circle.

Caporegime
Lots of things happen that shouldn't happen, but they do. Part of being a decent human being is knowing when to be tolerant. Just because someone does something trivial that annoys you, shouldn't be a reason to castigate them. Sometimes it's better to just to bite your lip and let the little things slide.

Just my outlook on life and it works for me.

There's that, and there's not having a spine. Asking someone to retrieve their cigarette butt from a sandpit in a children's playground is entirely reasonable.

Soldato
Unfortunately this is the attitude of quite a lot of people nowadays, my wife is South African and we have had a few run ins with people like the one you just mentioned.

I sat in a training day at work a few weeks back, the trainer had spent a few years abroad & she said she was shocked about how aggressive people here had become since she left.

Sometimes, I think there are times where you can't even look at someone if you think you are going to get a torrent of verbal abuse or threats of violence or at worse a good kicking from them. :(

Caporegime
Sounds like your typical idiot that inhabits these shores these days. They buy everything the tabloids tell them about why they don't have a job and is what's wrong with this country.

It's rude to impose yourself on others sometimes, especially strangers. Not excusing the reaction your wife received in any way, but turning a blind eye to a very very trivial matter would have been wise. People annoy me constantly in little ways, but I don't have a go at them because we all share space and have to co-exist within it.

Unless they're having a pop at Lewis.

:p

Soldato
you must be new to GD :p (not really) :p

:D.

Sometimes I wonder if some here truely are racist or they're just not very eloquent in getting their idea of valid points across.

I still don't think voting UKIP means you're a racist though. Although I'll concede there's going to be racists voting for them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Asking someone to retrieve their cigarette butt from a sandpit in a children's playground is entirely reasonable.

Well if that's your outlook, you should be patrolling the streets asking everyone to retrieve discarded cigarette butts too because they're everywhere. While you're at it get them to retrieve discarded chewing gum too. In fact, anyone who doesn't understand the concept of a bin and just drops stuff.

Unless they're having a pop at Lewis.

:p

Looks like someone's been having sleepless nights over something I said. :p Win, win chicken dinner !!!

Caporegime
Well if that's your outlook, you should be patrolling the streets asking everyone to retrieve discarded cigarette butts too because they're everywhere. While you're at it get them to retrieve discarded chewing gum too. In fact, anyone who doesn't understand the concept of a bin and just drops stuff.

Those are all exactly the same thing as what the OP wrote and I am an enormous e-hypocrite.

Associate
I genuinely believe people as a whole are becoming more stupid, selfish and ignorant.

I don't agree at all. People say this as a knee jerk reaction when they hear something bad, but when and where are you comparing to exactly?

Go back a hundred years and take a walk around some of the streets of London. I imagine there were a very large amount of violent, selfish and ignorant people about.

I'd say society as a whole has become far safer and more caring, even if there are some bad elements that still exist

Caporegime
Corrected for you.

The UK has proportionally far more than any country I have ever lived in... we are easily one of (if not the), most aggressive countries in Europe considering our ranking and quality of life. You get nutjobs everywhere, true, but imo the UK as a level of wanton violence and aggression rarely seen in other countries supposedly as civilized and with such a high overall quality of life.

Couldn't have put it better myself. We're actually thinking of bailing out.

If you get the opportunity to go try somewhere else with a decent salary and quality of life then do it, if only just to see what other lifestyles are available. Culturally, there is nothing else really like the UK out there (amazing humour, TV, movies, etc etc) but there are many better places to live.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you have a link? Can't find it :(.

Look beyond the usual anti-ukip retrotic and look further down:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/23/ukip-is-officially-the-most-racist-party_n_6733996.html

B-dzpLHIcAAuQ8n.png

So there's even a significant percentage of racists who vote Labour or Libdem

Back
Top Bottom