• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
1 or 2 FPS maybe but I honestly cannot see it beating a 980 Ti outright especially with a 980 Ti clocked to 1400+ which is pretty easy to do.

Obviously I expected a match and it seems to hold up well.
the Furyx will become better and better the 980ti wont.
whole new arc from amd so its a great buy:)

Soldato
I'll be disappointed if it isn't faster than a TX by a noticeable amount but that's just my selfish reasoning for wanting something better.

The Fury X at the price point it's coming in at with an AIO whilst offering similar performance to the TI and TX is great for those who want to stay AMD or switch to AMD.

Right so the TX is £1000 and you want a FuryX with an AIO to beat it at £650!

Which planet are you on?

If the FuryX beats the 980 Ti I am getting one just because if it beats it in DX11 it will whoop the TitanX in DX12!

Soldato
Gibbo stated that the Fury X will be £549 at OcuK actually, but if you want one from the first batch you'll be paying £649.

I was going for worst case scenario.

I should have added this is coming from someone who is disgusted by the recent AMD driver situation....I would still get one.

Also turns out that with just one 290 at the moment gaming is a much better experience than crossfireX.

Soldato
Obviously I expected a match and it seems to hold up well.
the Furyx will become better and better the 980ti wont.
whole new arc from amd so its a great buy:)

Can't see it getting much better over time, Don't forget the GM200 still hasn't had a "Wonder" driver like we had this time last year which boosted performance of GK110 by quite a bit :).

Gibbo stated that the Fury X will be £549 at OcuK actually, but if you want one from the first batch you'll be paying £649.

Greed much ?

Soldato
By the time DX12 is being (well) used in games the next generation of cards will be out from AMD and Nvidia. I wouldn't buy now on the promise of future performance in DX12.

Buy based on what you get now, or wait for DX12 to mature.

Associate
agreed - but that's business for you I guess.

Only if people pay it. Ocuk will try and do what any business will do, supply and demand, charge as much as they think customers will pay. They can always come down on price.

If this is sold for £649, either leaked news needs to get better or there are more people willing to gamble than I would have thought.

Underboss
Only if people pay it. Ocuk will try and do what any business will do, supply and demand, charge as much as they think customers will pay. They can always come down on price.

If this is sold for £649, either leaked news needs to get better or there are more people willing to gamble than I would have thought.

People will pay it, come 13:02 on here OcUK will have sold out.

Soldato

The problem is that OCUK will be on a promise to sell them at a certain price initially to convince AMD to hand over the first batch to them. This will be based on OCUK counting on people paying the hefty price.

Of note also, AMD will not be seeing any of the RRP difference to how much they are sold for. So essentially it is just greed.

Having said that, if the 980 Ti is faster...thanks for the £499.99 deal...that was me being greedy not the other way round!

It would be interesting to know how OCUK judge how much to sell for initially. Most people I have spoken to, will wait for 2-4 weeks for the price to settle down.

Would people bite at £700+ I doubt it, even at £650 not sure they will if in a week or two it can be had for £100 cheaper!

Associate
Other suppliers will sell stock today, they will have less stock to sell for sure. But unless there has been price fixing (and im not for a second suggesting there has been) there is every chance that Ocuk pricing will look really silly.

Soldato
£650 today is £30 more than the 980Ti G1, which is currently the fastest card you can buy, I have a feeling I'm going to be too slow, if that's the case, I'll get a G1.

Back
Top Bottom