*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
Ugh, typical this deal comes up straight after I buy one :(

Makes my £480 s6 from am.de look a bad deal.

Oh well, I'm pleased with the phone and mine seems defect free with perfect screen and decent battery life.

Think you're better off with your Amazon one, although the uk price has dropped now too!

The Bespoke deals one seems to be supplied by Fireworks Merchant Limited who in turn will have sourced it from somewhere else. I imagine returns could be interesting! You could just get it from Simply Electronics for £348.95 if you're feeling brave, but I wouldn't advise it !!

Soldato
Yeah it is good news. Actually, I said to the guy "you haven't asked me for my warranty details" :D and then he said "if you've got them with you that'll be good" Lol. I guess he would have known anyway as he took my name and address and then I signed a service order repair sheet. But yeah after showing my phone to his colleagues he said yeah it's not working properly and they would repair it. I prefer that to replacement which would be a refurb. I backed everything up last night so was quite happy to press the hard reset button if needed.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Think you're better off with your Amazon one, although the uk price has dropped now too!

The Bespoke deals one seems to be supplied by Fireworks Merchant Limited who in turn will have sourced it from somewhere else. I imagine returns could be interesting! You could just get it from Simply Electronics for £348.95 if you're feeling brave, but I wouldn't advise it !!

Just got an offer after submitting an Amazon price, I then went to buy but glad I checked the details as I also noticed the sale was through another supplier, who then also outsources! Ummmm, save some nice cash and risk the warranty service etc.... or just pay up and order from Amazon who have the best service in the business?

Soldato
Can you just turn up or is at appointment only?

You can just turn up. You take a ticket from the machine and take a seat till your number comes up on the screen on the wall. I only had to wait 10 minutes to be served. He said about the repair, "it'll be about an hour". I said "an hour?" He said well it might be two hours. I said that's great I was expecting it to be a couple of weeks while you send it to Samsung. He said we are Samsung and can repair here, removing the need for customers to wait several days.

If you're near Wembley, this is a nice location to bring your phone to be repaired, it's set in a massive brand new designer outlet retail park with the stadium right next to it and overlooking the outlet centre. Only cost me £5.50 for 4 hours in the red car park.

Soldato
Just used Odin to unbrand my O2 firmware to stock and give me 5.1.1...was really simple which I was surprised at. Now I just need to unlock the thing...I was going to go down the O2 route and ask them to do it however I believe it locks you in for the term of your contract, not entirely sure if this is the case with O2 refresh however.

Soldato
Right, I take back what I said about the samsung service centre. They're useless and wasted my time. As far as I'm concerned this is no different to before the 'repair'. Same audible rattle on left side when put close to the ear, and same unresponsiveness unless you press very hard. They said they'd replaced the button. Well that might be so but they fixed nothing imo. Then they said that the pressure sensor is more to the right implying the left side isn't as sensitive and then he said you're meant to press it in the centre, effectively implying I'm an idiot. I can press the very right edge of the button with the lightest of presses, just till it clicks, and it will respond. It won't on the left side. Can someone here test theirs. Press the very left side of the home button with a very light press just till it clicks and see if it responds as well as as the right side.

There are other service centres not too far. I'll take it to another. Don't get me wrong, the button is fine generally, but it's not as it should be. The chap that sold me the phone at the EE shop (who I went to first today and who then put me onto the service centre) said the button wouldn't bother him. Am I being too picky?

edit: oh, and they gave me back the phone fully factory reset. Thank god I'd backed everything up because they hadn't warned me in advance they'd reset it. Amateurs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just used Odin to unbrand my O2 firmware to stock and give me 5.1.1...was really simple which I was surprised at. Now I just need to unlock the thing...I was going to go down the O2 route and ask them to do it however I believe it locks you in for the term of your contract, not entirely sure if this is the case with O2 refresh however.

cant you just buy a code of ebay? didnt think it locked you in the term though.

Associate
Material Design theme in the themestore apparently.

Can't see it here on my theme store.

Also just updated to 5.1.1 (via ODIN v3.10.6).
Phone feels a bit snappier, could be just the placebo effect, but the multitasking option definitely comes up quicker. Fingerprint recognition feels a hair faster too.

Really hoping the update fixes the overnight battery drain I was getting before. Will report back in the morning with an update.

Soldato
On the plus side, I got case mail this morning. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

http://postimg.org/gallery/1s36og55y/

Back
Top Bottom