*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
Can someone here test theirs. Press the very left side of the home button with a very light press just till it clicks and see if it responds as well as as the right side.

Mine needs the same amount of pressure wherever you press it. The button does rattle a little bit though.

Associate
Really hoping the update fixes the overnight battery drain I was getting before. Will report back in the morning with an update.

Well, it certainly doesn't fix the standby battery drain I was experiencing.

Phone went from 98% to 86% in 7 hours while sitting on my bedside table. Screen off, doing nothing.

With past phones in the same scenario, the drain was around 2%.

Soldato
Well, it certainly doesn't fix the standby battery drain I was experiencing.

Phone went from 98% to 86% in 7 hours while sitting on my bedside table. Screen off, doing nothing.

With past phones in the same scenario, the drain was around 2%.

do you have good reception in your bedroom?

Associate
do you have good reception in your bedroom?

Not great, no. Mobile signal is ok, wifi is low (though I can still surf the web just fine).

I did do a test a while back where I turned off wifi for the night. Battery drain was around 12%-15%. I then did a test where I turned mobile data off for the night. Similar result (12%-15%).

I then did a test where I turned off both for the night. Only then did the battery drain seem normal (1%-2%).

Soldato
Not great, no. Mobile signal is ok, wifi is low (though I can still surf the web just fine).

I did do a test a while back where I turned off wifi for the night. Battery drain was around 12%-15%. I then did a test where I turned mobile data off for the night. Similar result (12%-15%).

I then did a test where I turned off both for the night. Only then did the battery drain seem normal (1%-2%).

is there a spot in your house with decent wifi and reception to leave it there over night? could be an interesting test

Associate
Tried 5.1.1 and it seems okay, can't really say much positive about it.

All the things users actually wanted are not included, just an incremental update with a few tweaks.

Soldato
Only got my edge Monday and it did the update to 5.1.1 almost as soon as it was powered on. Works great, only issue I had was the default email client (not Gmail) was chewing through the battery very quickly. Removed my account from that app, installed the new outlook app and the problem has gone.

Soldato

Post a gsam battery log for us. I lose 1% per hour.

Soldato
Stand by. Sorry yes, screen shots, what's under held awake? Theres various things to do, such as clearing cache in recovery I'd try that first, and ensure Google play services are up to date before doing this. Go to www.apkmirror.com if not.

Soldato
Are you using the email app? I found the inbuilt samsung one to drain the phone heavily even when in push. Mine drained 8% last night but had the night clock turned on as well.

Associate
I have to buy a new mobile soon as my old one has died

Is it safe to go for a Samsung S6 Edge or is the S7 just around the corner ?

I know very little about mobiles.

The s7 won't be out for another 9 or 10 months.

If you like big phones (5.7 inch screens vs 5.1 of the S6) then the Galaxy Note 5 will be out in september.

Back
Top Bottom