Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
I agree with MagicBoy (and Mehri), that penalty was super harsh for what was nothing more than slowing down after the end of the race and off the racing line. Latifi was very slow to react.

I was going to post to say I agree but thinking about it as I typed, I don't at all.

Two guys were racing literally to the line, full speed because the guy behind is trying to make up a place, he was in the slipstream and couldn't see Mehri. When the other guy pulled across the track at that exact point the guy behind doesn't know Mehri is going slowly. Lets say Mehri is doing 30mph and the buy who hit him was doing 170mph... but at the exact second he see's Mehri he has no idea how much he'll close up on him in the next second or so. It's only after that gap closes quickly can he react to avoid him.

Going slowly after the race is over is fine but you have to assume some people will race absolutely full speed right to the line, going slowly enough near the line is retarded even if off line. As we see here because the guy is following close behind he didn't know Mehri was there till too late.

Soldato
What gets me is that surely someone like LH could have had one of his crew nip and get a tie/jacket if he were that bothered about watching the match.

Instead his PR gang are busy tweeting silhouette pictures of him looking over the practice courts in his garb.

Caporegime
lol, harsh, but fair.

He tweeted pictures of his invite and guide, which I am almost certain would include the dress code.

What gets me is that surely someone like LH could have had one of his crew nip and get a tie/jacket if he were that bothered about watching the match.

Instead his PR gang are busy tweeting silhouette pictures of him looking over the practice courts in his garb.

Yeah it looks more like a PR stunt rather than a genuine desire to go watch the final.

Soldato

JRS

JRS

Soldato
supposedly McLaren Honda will be bringing a new motor with 60-70bhp more than the old one, all of the most fragile parts made reliable, and a fuel consumption improvement of 3%. I highly doubt that will be the case, but you never know:

And in other news, Hell just froze over. Satan was said to be 'quite peeved' that he had to resort to using a snowmobile to get to the office.

Soldato
Boullier doesn't half spout nonsense sometimes. Of course the car will be quicker once they get more power out of the engine. But seconds per lap?!

Sounds very much like my own situation, where I will be extremely rich just as soon as I figure out how to turn lead into gold.

Caporegime
Seems legit. If the car is down on power then it stops them running more downforce. More power means more wing with a lesser penalty on the straights. That then means much faster lap times. I'm sure Gary Anderson said on auto sport that he reckoned two seconds a lap was doable if the engine could be as reliable and as powerful as the Mercedes and Ferrari units.

Caporegime
I think the issue is more that he's just casually said "we will be seconds faster if we solve the reliability issues", as if solving the issues are just a quick job?

A more accurate statement would be "we will be seconds faster as soon as we solve these massive issues with the engine that we have so far made no inroads into at all in half a season"...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What McLaren need, is that "turbo boost" button that K.I.T.T had.

Damn car could do 300mph :o

Back
Top Bottom