What film did you watch last night?

Suspended
Dead Man's Shoes - 8/10

Richard returns home from military service to a small town in the Midlands. He has one thing on his mind: revenge. Payback for the local bullies who did some very bad things to his brother. At first his campaign employs guerrilla tactics, designed to frighten the men and put them ill at ease. But then he steps up his operation, and one by one these local tough guys are picked off by the terrifying angel of vengeance that Richard has become.

Fantastic film, watch it!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Inside Out

The latest Pixar; it's a clever mixture of the absurd and sublime mixed with some surprisingly deep commentary and some real tear jerking moments. A positive emotional rollercoaster of a movie. It's a kid's movie, of course, but like most Pixar movies there's plenty in there for the adults: the abstract thought sequence is particularly highbrow. I'm not sure how good it would be for kids, but we loved it.

9/10

Suspended
Ted 2 - Not as good as first one but still very funny in parts. 7/10

I thought it was just as good as the first, better jokes in this one though.

When John smoked the weed and needs help getting home, holding on to the wall paranoid and anxious
The Star Wars joke
Smoking the penis bong and John takes a picture and shares it

Some very funny moments in it, typical Seth McFarlane :D

Soldato
It's a kid's movie, of course, but like most Pixar movies there's plenty in there for the adults: the abstract thought sequence is particularly highbrow. I'm not sure how good it would be for kids, but we loved it.

9/10

I loved this film too, perhaps not quite as good as Toy Story 3 (9/10) or Finding Nemo (9/10), so I would probably give this 8.9999999/10.

Your point above about its appeal to kids is interesting because that's exactly what I came out of the cinema thinking. I think that a lot of kids would be more interested in seeing the behemoth that is the Minions movie, but Inside Out is above and beyond better!

I'm almost more inclined to say that this is more an animation for adults than kids and certainly the marketing potential of the film is nowhere near that of Minions (i.e. all the merchandise for the minions film is utterly overwhelming).

Soldato
Kingsmen

Didn't think I'd like it very much but I did, give it a solid 7/10 for all the fun and action. Not something I'll watch again by choice but without high expectation, I enjoyed it.

Caporegime
I loved this film too, perhaps not quite as good as Toy Story 3 (9/10) or Finding Nemo (9/10), so I would probably give this 8.9999999/10.

Your point above about its appeal to kids is interesting because that's exactly what I came out of the cinema thinking. I think that a lot of kids would be more interested in seeing the behemoth that is the Minions movie, but Inside Out is above and beyond better!

I'm almost more inclined to say that this is more an animation for adults than kids and certainly the marketing potential of the film is nowhere near that of Minions (i.e. all the merchandise for the minions film is utterly overwhelming).

My wife is planning on taking our kids (girls, 9 and 6) to see Inside Out this week, so I'll give you a kid's perspective in due course...

Back
Top Bottom