What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
I always select the alternate ending version where the ship makes it to New York on time.

Yup - they take the mask of the iceberg and it turns out to be guy from the poker game at the start.

“Bah - I would have gotten away with it, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!!!”

Man of Honour
To Die For (1995)

Never seen it before and it's seems well reviewed by critics and audiences alike, but it didn't do it for me.

I can see that there's a good film in there for the people that like it, but I didn't find it funny or engaging.

In fact for a film with a runtime of well under two hours, it seemed to drag on and on.

5/10

Soldato
Watched a few over the last week.
Heat (De Niro Pachino), 10/10, amazing movie. The shootout though.........
Warcraft, 8/10 really wish they could do a few more movies. So much lore to explore. Even a TV series wouldnt go a miss.
Godfather 1&2, 8/10 and 10/10. no idea what to say extra from what we already know about these 2 great movies.

Caporegime
The Beekeeper

What an odd film. Like the Equalizer but really ******* stupid and written either by AI or a 10 year old. Tonally it was all over the place. It started off relatively promising but just decscended into farce.

"Aaaand heres a spiky haired punk chick with a minigun in her truck"

"Aaaand now here's a bleached blonde and black haired South African lunatic mercenary with a peg leg for some reason. Also his henchmen all are dressed like cowboys that fell through a United Colours of Benetton shop"

3/10

Mostly nonsense.

Last edited:
Soldato
Alien Sting - 6.8 / 10

Enjoyable creature feature with enough about it to elevate it out of a pure B movie status.

Oh and someone who wrote/produced/directed it was a huge Alien fan :D The whole vibe and many shots were such a homage to Alien/Aliens.

Man of Honour
Priscilla (2023)

I don't know why this film gathered so much critical acclaim. The wife and I both thought it was utter garbage, easily one of the worst films I've seen since Aquaman 2.

Cailee Spaeny is totally miscast as Priscilla and her acting ability hasn't improved since Pacific Rim Uprising.

Then there's the massive height difference between her and the guy playing Elvis, it's so vast it's bordering on comical and is very distracting.

Additionally the film barely scratches the surface of their relationship and just casually plods through each event with little or no drama.

If you're going to watch it then try playing a game, we're you see how many crimes Elvis should've been charged with from when they first met until they split up.

1/10

Man of Honour
The Midnight Meat Train (2008)

Based on a Clive Barker short story.

If you like films with lots of blood and guts, this is the film for you. It's absolutely brutal at times, made me wince and turn away.

Definitely not the best of films, with the usual, characters doing stupid things so they can be caught out or brutally murdered.

There's some CGI that doesn't stand up too well and there's not a lot of depth to the story or the characters. But it doesn't out stay it's welcome and moves along at a decent pace.

6/10

Man of Honour
Dream Scenario (2023)

I quite enjoyed this one. An unusual and original premise of everyone having dreams about the same person, played by Nicholas Cage.

I do feel they could've done more with such an all encompassing scenario as people's dream, but maybe budget restrictions prevented it.

The final third of the film shifts focus to the social media and cancel culture that main character suffers as people's dreams become darker and more sinister.

6/10

Man of Honour
Godzilla Minus One (2023)

For a film made for $10-12 million it's impressive. But it's still not a great film to watch. Mostly it's the acting that lets it down for me and there's a few things that happen that make no sense or are a bit daft.

Quite how this won an Oscar for visual effects is baffling. You can tell from the opening shot of the plane landing it's CGI and the battleships don't look realistic at all. Godzilla is pretty good and the smoke effects too. Given the budget it's awesome, but the Oscar isn't for best effects for dollars spent.

5/10

Caporegime
Priscilla (2023)

Cailee Spaeny is totally miscast as Priscilla and her acting ability hasn't improved since Pacific Rim Uprising.

Then there's the massive height difference between her and the guy playing Elvis, it's so vast it's bordering on comical and is very distracting.
Not seen it but surely casting a 6' 5" actor as Elvis is more the issue there?

Associate
Mad Max Furiosa 6.5/10 never really bought into the mad max world but this was a good entertaining film (especially as my son and I went on the cheap with the Amazon prime Odeon mid week deal which I only just found out about)

Back
Top Bottom