There is a setup file in that folder

this is what you get when you click the setup.exe

W1tHuUdTvLOHODdv

and this is what you get when you click install now lol

m37hIxs9nnyHyOja

Soldato
my $Windows.~BT folder is 5.96GB

uy4GOkYqZMYoW3Ov

10 July 2015? Oh crap I realised I probably deleted that hidden folder on that day when I noticed folder popped up on my desktop PC with few files but nothing related to Windows 10 so I deleted it. :o

Been checked my tablet and 2 laptops didn't have hidden $Windows.~BT folder.

Guess I will try to create new folder with that name and see if it start downloading files. :mad:

Associate
Have the setup files on both my Surface and NUC, but went ahead and reverted back to Windows 8 on the main PC (had been running the 10240 RTM the last week or two very well) using an Acronis backup from just before.
Interesting to see if the files will download today, as I had to do the reservation again after getting set back up, despite doing it before as soon as the option first came about.

Edit - downloading away

Last edited:
Soldato
I must admit despite serious problems with Windows 10 and the Nvidia drivers getting to play nice together, and some of the UI elements been a little blah I'm quite liking the new OS. Going back to Windows 7 now kind of feels a bit rubbish to be honest, I think I will try and push on more and hopefully we get some proper driver support etc soon. I just need a stable OS and so far it's just not been happening for me whether I let the Windows Updates come through or I completely disabled them. :(

Associate
No $Windows.~BT folder for me. I guess it's to do with me being on build 10240. I'd still expect it to update tomorrow though?

Don't think it'll let you 'upgrade' if already on the RTM, as I'd suspect 'proper' activation of your Win8 key has to be done via the Microsoft rollout.
That's the main reason I restored back to Win8 from 10240 on one of my PCs.

You never know though - it'd make things a lot easier !

Associate
It's on the wife's laptop but despite me being in the windows insider program (using the same MS account) it hasn't downloaded to my desktop yet. Wonder what would happen if I copied it off her laptop and bunged it on my desktop....

Soldato
Just read this on my Mac so booted up my PC which had preordered it. Started downloading within a few mins and have an event in the log:
Code:
Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

My folder is sat at 140mb at the moment, and is downloading at ~2Mb/sec. I imagine they limit the bandwidth so it isn't noticeable for the user.

Back
Top Bottom