Windows 10

Soldato
Does the preload depend on when you preregistered? I registered kind of late so not sure I'll get the update on launch day or even this week/month.

I registered 2 days ago after doing a clean install of W7 retail so I could get the upgrade and ive got the files downloaded but my PC has been on all day

Associate
Does the preload depend on when you preregistered? I registered kind of late so not sure I'll get the update on launch day or even this week/month.

Seems to be random. I registered my desktop and laptop at the same time. I did dads a few hours later. Neither of mine have the preload. It looks like dads started to download this morning but he must have shut it down while it was downloading. His preload folder is only 140 meg.

Associate
I'm showing up as 6.06Gb, might as well just leave it and see when it lets me move onto 10. Just done a fresh install of 8.1 ready for this after playing with the 10240 build for a while. Have those 6Gb of files downloaded today does anyone know? Explain why dota was running terribly for me :/

Soldato
I'm currently running Windows 7, and the button has appeared for Windows10 free upgrade. Is it actually worth the effort to click the button and upgrade or just stick as-is?

I assume creating a Window7 image via windows backup prior to clicking would be wise, then probably again once it's installed. Just in case?

Apologies if I've slipped into sceptic mode. But you don't get owt for nowt, ever...

what will I gain, and what will I lose compared to Win7

Last edited:
Soldato
remember MS said they'll be rolling it out in waves

Seems to be random. I registered my desktop and laptop at the same time. I did dads a few hours later. Neither of mine have the preload. It looks like dads started to download this morning but he must have shut it down while it was downloading. His preload folder is only 140 meg.

I had this 140MB on my laptop, I just kept it on then it downloaded fully

Soldato
remember MS said they'll be rolling it out in waves

I had this 140MB on my laptop, I just kept it on then it downloaded fully

my $Windows.~BT folder is 5.96GB

uy4GOkYqZMYoW3Ov

Back
Top Bottom