What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
The Place Beyond The Pines. I liked it on the whole. Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper are both excellent. I thought the third act was a bit thin, and I'd have liked a harder change of direction between two and three, given the strength of the switch from one to two. Act three felt slightly contrived. I did like the theme of recurrence, and I thought some of the echoes from one scene to another were very effective. Bits of it were beautifully shot.

Good, on the whole, but not quite brilliant.

Caporegime
Fantastic 4, Rise of the Silver Surfer - 5/10

A film where the main characters are of very little importance to the plot, as mostly everything just happens around them. As super heroes go, these have to be four of the dullest.

The ending makes a complete mockery of the central premise of the film. "If he could do that, why didn't he do it at the beginning???"

A pretty average film, not awful, but not recommended even if you like Marvel films.

Soldato
Entourage - 9/10

Note: this film is the culmination of a series and so if you are not a fan of the series you will not get the majority of the references, cameos or in jokes.

If you are a fan then this is an excellent swansong to a fantastic show, the were a couple of minor characters I was surprised not to see but apart from that it was great and really wrapped up the series (it takes place a few months after the series ended in 2011).

VICTORY!

Soldato
Entourage - 9/10

Note: this film is the culmination of a series and so if you are not a fan of the series you will not get the majority of the references, cameos or in jokes.

If you are a fan then this is an excellent swansong to a fantastic show, the were a couple of minor characters I was surprised not to see but apart from that it was great and really wrapped up the series (it takes place a few months after the series ended in 2011).

VICTORY!

Who was missing?

Caporegime
In the Valley of Elah. Grim urban drama about the catastrophic breakdown of society in post-Reaganite America. Thomas H. L. Lee steals every scene as the vengeful father whose vengeful quest of vengeance is fuelled by a lust for revenge.

That skinny Boer chick is also in it somewhere. 8/10.

Associate
I'm enjoying your generally verbose and indepth cameo reviews of films lately, so don't want to be too disparaging on such a succinct review, but 8 / 10 seems a lot for a film that was 'OK' :p

I was going to say the same but thought a post without a film review would not go down well, and I haven't seen anything recently. Think I'll watch In the Valley of Elah tonight though :)

Back
Top Bottom