• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Until they figure out how to use all the shaders on the full chip there's no point unlocking these...

exactly. fiji xt majority of shaders are sitting idle doing nothing during gaming or even scientific calculations. AMD needs to work on the drivers to use all the shaders, then we should see what actually fiji is like.

that is why we don't see much of the speed up when we increase clocks. Or when techreport(was it?) wrote that article about voltage unlock. They saw minimal speed up. This is due to shaders sitting idle. If you increase the speed of sitting idle, they will still sit idle :D
Hopefully dx12 will unlock full potential of the cards alongside with improved performance drivers.

Associate
exactly. fiji xt majority of shaders are sitting idle doing nothing during gaming or even scientific calculations. AMD needs to work on the drivers to use all the shaders, then we should see what actually fiji is like.

that is why we don't see much of the speed up when we increase clocks. Or when techreport(was it?) wrote that article about voltage unlock. They saw minimal speed up. This is due to shaders sitting idle. If you increase the speed of sitting idle, they will still sit idle :D
Hopefully dx12 will unlock full potential of the cards alongside with improved performance drivers.

Its more of a "use the async shaders in games" than "AMD and drivers"
The shaders idle, because of parallel task handling.

Associate
Had the benq 2730z freesync monitor for a few weeks but havent been able to use freesync as was using 2x7970's

Just wow to how smooth it now is in BF4 on Ultra with a single card plus freesync.

Cards pretty quiet as well running at 72 degrees under load, fans very quiet

Happy.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still using the same fan profile on AB I had setup for my MSI gaming 290, this hasnt gone over 62c with fans at 40%, so you can drop them down even further!

Cracking card, I have the same monitor, had it for a week now, main reason i went for the fury. BF4 is such a nice experience with freesync and this card :D

Associate
Neil, I see you edited your post. Do you use AB and a custom fan profile? As i've yet to see mine go above 62c under load with this fan profile

kwSYFUq.png

Associate
Neil, I see you edited your post. Do you use AB and a custom fan profile? As i've yet to see mine go above 62c under load with this fan profile

kwSYFUq.png

Cheers, i'll have a play, i've AB installed but not touched the fans profile yet. I posted 72% when i mean 72 degrees hence the edit :)

I'll give your's ago later. Quite happy with the Sapphire. It seems a bit higher pitched but overall slightly quieter than the 2x MSI 7970s, need to see how it goes with the case side back on ( which has some foam stuff to reduce higher frequencies etc )

Man of Honour
OP

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Sapphire Tri-X, neil473, Link, Date 04/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, IainR, Link, Date 01/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Mr Evil, Link, Date 22/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Nutella33, Link, Date 21/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, sothur, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Lokken86, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, djtoltec, Link, Date 17/07/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury Pro.

Back
Top Bottom