1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Mr Evil

Associate

When I ran mine through some tests on first installing it, there were a few times where it made the most horrendous buzzing sound, mainly in menus where coil-whine is always worst. It stopped doing that after I had stressed it a bit more, and now it exhibits an average amount of coil-whine (noticable with the case open, but not audible when closed).

2. IainR

Gangster

I did test it upon first install, but it was on a Saturday night, so had lots of ambient noise from the living room etc!
    The mrs is away for 3 weeks, the boy is in bed, so lots of the ambient noise is gone ;)

3. Radox-0

Mobster

It finally arrived :D, will be used in what's becoming an overkill HTPC and is to be water-cooled in the case once the rest of the water-cooling bits arrive, but running it as is to make sure all is okay. Gotta say however there is hell of a lot of coil whine with it at the moment. Not had this much before with a GPU. Any tips to lower it and how you stressed it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Sapphire Tri-X, Radox-0, Link, Date 06/08/2015
    Make Sapphire Tri-X, neil473, Link, Date 04/08/2015
    Make Sapphire Tri-X, IainR, Link, Date 01/08/2015
    Make Sapphire Tri-X, Mr Evil, Link, Date 22/07/2015
    Make Sapphire Tri-X, Nutella33, Link, Date 21/07/2015
    Make Sapphire Tri-X, sothur, Link, Date 17/07/2015
    Make Sapphire Tri-X, Lokken86, Link, Date 17/07/2015
    Make Sapphire Tri-X, djtoltec, Link, Date 17/07/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury Pro.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  5. Mr Evil

Associate

I just played a variety of games, nothing special. Coil whine varies a lot between cards, so there's no guarantee that yours will behave like mine.

6. Radox-0

Mobster

Thanks, think mine is a quiet bad example it seems. May send it back within the return frame. Tried it on 4 different PSU's which don't produce whine with my other GPU's on a plethora of games to no avail. Not put it under water yet where I expect things will get quieter which may make the noise more apparent.

Separately how low do these GPU's downclock during idle. It seems my core clock is always bouncing around between 450 - 650 Mhz when nothing is happening. No windows open, or programmes of sort.

7. muziqaz

Wise Guy

I think it is 300Mhz for gpu

8. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

9. flopper

Mobster

more than one screen connected?

10. Radox-0

Mobster

Nope just a single 3440 x 1440 panel for now. set background to solid black and no icons on desktop (not sure if that makes a difference) no browsers or the sort open. Just GPU-Z to monitor the core clock which was bouncing up and down. Not seen it drop to under 400 MHZ at any point while doing nothing.

11. muziqaz

Wise Guy

regarding coil whine run one of the older 3dmarks, 03 or 05 should do. feature tests, on the loop. some say it helps out. they usually run it for long period of time overnight etc. better cooling of components i advised as well for that period.

12. Radox-0

Mobster

Thanks for the tip. I Just RMA'd the card (great CS) and will see what the replacement will be like.

I did run it overnight twice, running it on a Haven Valley loop and another night on skyrim with god mode on and letting a dragon go at it all night lol. Sadly no improvement. Tried it on couple of different PSU's all of which work fine with my main build and secondary builds GPU's so thinking its pretty much the card.

Now looking at the Fury x, but need to remind myself this is only a HTPC, scope creep always gets me :(

Cheers for the help gents

13. nashathedog

Sgarrista

I tried my 290x yesterday and it still can't run FC4 very well unless I drop everything considerably, I ordered a Fury Tri-X today so I'm looking forward to the same sort of performance as you're getting. I'm on a stock clock 4790k so it shouldn't make much of a difference to your's at 4.6. I'll be happy if the minimums stay over 40.

14. Lokken86

Mobster

You won't be disappointed mate its absolutely cruising.

If I use 1080p in the middle of the foliage areas its sitting over 100fps but 1440p just looks crisper and still perfectly smooth. Windows 10 seems to have given it another 2-3fps too can't complain with that.

15. nashathedog

Sgarrista

That's good news.

16. Lokken86

Mobster

I forgot to say your cpu will be fine I'm sure clock for clock it would be a bit faster than mine and with the boost it will run equally as well at stock.

17. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Anyone got 2x of these in Xfire, if so, what are temps like ?

18. JediFragger

Capodecina

I think you can easily add around 10/12c to the top card m8, seems to be that way with all the SLi/Crossfire setups that I've had...

Just a shame they haven't dropped yet, £400 would be the sweet spot :(

Wait til the Furyx2 hits if you can, at least it'll be another option if it's fixed and is around £900/£1k :)

19. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

X2 might be another EEEEEEEEEEEEEE...... :D

Would my PSU handle 2 of these though, spec in sig, Corsair AX860w PSU ?

Also GTA V, as no doubt be the same as the X, a stuttering, hitching mess, hmm.

20. Howling

Wise Guy

I'm running a pair of them on a TX850M -- although I am considering a bigger PSU along with a new case, mobo and cpu..... Damn this upgrading bug !!! :(