***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
this is the email I got:

Hi C35799Gamble,

This is an automated message from Rockstar Games to inform you that your account has been flagged for violating our Online Features Code of Conduct and/or EULA, found here:

- http://www.rockstargames.com/conduct
- http://www.rockstargames.com/eula

Accounts can become flagged as a result of automated analysis or manual review of evidence for violations such as modding, hacking, exploiting or abusing game mechanics, or otherwise interfering with other players’ gameplay experience.

Some actions taken in response to these flags include restrictions to separate pools for matchmaking, muted microphones or restrictions on UGC creation, removal of illegitimate in-game cash/items or RP, and temporary or permanent restrictions on your ability to access GTA Online.

Please note that this is a no-reply email address.

Rockstar Games

Just went online after getting this and there is no difference. I have no issues joining GTA online, joined a friends session, no money/items removed, no RP loss. Whatever, I have been shot and collected millions of in game money when the fun modders were making it rain and spawning a lot of stuff so if I get banned for two weeks, so be it.

EDIT: I hope I don't get banned though... lol

Caporegime
The exact email I got. I was banned shortly after.

Rockstar support are a joke. They are now just digging their heels in and saying "because you had a random jump in cash you must have hacked the game. Please don't do it again or we may ban you permanently".

Sets a rather concerning precedence that if a hacker repeatedly drops money on some over a period of time (and bans) you could see players being banned entirely from online through no fault of their own.

Associate
The exact email I got. I was banned shortly after.

Rockstar support are a joke. They are now just digging their heels in and saying "because you had a random jump in cash you must have hacked the game. Please don't do it again or we may ban you permanently".

Sets a rather concerning precedence that if a hacker repeatedly drops money on some over a period of time (and bans) you could see players being banned entirely from online through no fault of their own.

You could actually report the money you picked up and let them take it off you, that way you don't need to worry about being banned.

Caporegime
I'm convinced they've nerfed the minigun.

Multiple attempts last night at trying to kill a driver and machine gunner in an Insurgent, without much success. They were killed by a jet (thanks to the guy above :D ) so no God mode.

It's also been noted that the homing missiles appear to be much faster.

Caporegime
Fear not Gamble!

Stark is already raising a ticket and starting a campaign for your immediate return! ;)

...if the worst happens

Oh and fixed...

Hi C35799Gamble,

This is an automated message from Rockstar Games to inform you that your account has been flagged for violating our Online Features Code of Conduct and/or EULA, found here:

- http://www.rockstargames.com/conduct
- http://www.rockstargames.com/eula

Accounts can become flagged as a result of automated analysis or manual review of evidence for violations such as modding, hacking, exploiting or abusing game mechanics, or otherwise interfering with other players’ gameplay experience.

Some actions taken in response to these flags include restrictions to separate pools for matchmaking, muted microphones resulting in Stark not being able to satisfy his deep depraved cravings of listening to your delicate tones or restrictions on UGC creation, removal of illegitimate in-game cash/items or RP, and temporary or permanent restrictions on your ability to access GTA Online.

Please note that this is a no-reply email address.

Rockstar Games

Soldato
oh no....just got an email from rockstar with the subject Rockstar Games Violation Notification

lets go see if im banned

:(

They really do seem to have changed their tune from "don't worry about modded moeny" to "you are banned for 10 days" seems 10 days is the modded money ban now, everything else is 14 days..... 1 month, perma, That has an end date of 2289

Soldato
Now although I haven't the slightest interest in the online game, all this talk of potential bans for adding mods is a bit concerning. What happens if I apply something totally harmless for the SP game, like the mod which allows you to drive the freight train, or LD light rail/Metro? (Something R* should have included from the outset, IMHO). Am I likely to fall foul and get my R* account banned or suspended, or is that not the type of thing they are concerned with?

Soldato
Now although I haven't the slightest interest in the online game, all this talk of potential bans for adding mods is a bit concerning. What happens if I apply something totally harmless for the SP game, like the mod which allows you to drive the freight train, or LD light rail/Metro? (Something R* should have included from the outset, IMHO). Am I likely to fall foul and get my R* account banned or suspended, or is that not the type of thing they are concerned with?

R* have repeatdly stated they are not concerned with Single Player mods it is only Online mods that they will act on.

However. If you venture into GTA online with mods that are using DLL injectors, they could possibly be picked up by their anti cheat system. However that is not confirmed.

There is a mod manager than will disable all mods if you choose to go online. I would look at that as an option or the guys here will tell you in more detail how they are doing it.

Caporegime
LOL!

So I've gone into detail about how I haven't hacked the game, and instead have been given money by someone else who has, and that they are breaching their own agreements by banning me for that. And they have replied with...

Hello Adman1020,

We do understand your concern. Unfortunately, we are unable to remove/reduce your ban period. Since, you were banned by an automated system.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Britney B.

:mad:

Caporegime
My main worry is that repeat offenders get perma-banned. We will end up with innocent people banned from GTA Online forever for having money dropped on their head a few times.

Associate
My main worry is that repeat offenders get perma-banned. We will end up with innocent people banned from GTA Online forever for having money dropped on their head a few times.

One of the guys I played with "AJ" picked up hacked cash and he contacted R* and basically told them what happened. They removed the cash from his account and he didn't get a ban.
That was about 2 months ago.

You could actually report the money you picked up and let them take it off you, that way you don't need to worry about being banned.

Soldato

This looks to be happening ATM

I reported a twitch user on Monday, backed it up with video, updated on Wednesday with another video of them griefing, included their Xbox rag, their GTA GT and nothing. Looked today and they are still at it, still dropping millions n still griefing.
They will get people banned and I guess that is their aim....

There needs to be a statement and an updated conduct and they need to look at their automated system as it now is blatantly one sided in favour of the bloody modders. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom