*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
It was a good run up to the Deathsingers. I think we stalled a bit from there due to a combination of nailing the mechanics (specifically the jumps) and general tiredness. We started to get some serious DPS on the last couple of runs so starting a fresh should see us clear it pretty quickly.

I really don't like the colour change when running as the shadow. Visually I was having a hard time breaking the scene down as everything was washing into one blur.

I know we are going to hit the remainder on Monday but, I am planning on nabbing the checkpoint on Pigtails (and maybe Bluey although her light level will be a bit low) so if anyone wants to smash Deathsingers and Oryx over the weekend let me know.

:)

Soldato
Yeah good run...just couldn't nail that Deathsinger routine. First time for me, and I think we all learned a few things. Specifically, I learned that the platforms disappear after you get the relic so no, you can't hop onto the next platform on the way to dunk the relic, only took me three times plummeting to my death to realise :)

We were getting there though, good practice. The visual effects when you're the jumper are a bit OTT I agree...but you get used to it.

I think we should switch up to two gazes per cycle on Golgoroth next time. I'm sure on hard mode you'll need to cycle all six so it'll be good practice. It's exactly the same as we did it last night, except instead of losing the gaze and jumping out, Greeboth catches the gaze, everyone stays in the pit and brings down L1 and gets another round of DPS in...then you jump out and repeat.

Main thing that let us down a bit was add management, need to have some sith lords or hammertime popping their supers to clear out the pit on golgoroth and adds on deathsingers after the aura finishes.

Be good to get the rest of it down on Monday..I'll brush up on Oryx mechanics beforehand.

Soldato
I'm looking for a couple of guys to do the Sunless Cell for the solar exotic sword on Saturday, say 9pm.

1. Meths
2.stuman

Stuman:

I ended up doing this last night with a couple of randoms as I was doubting the strategy and didn't want to waste your time.

Two of us needed the solar sword and both got it after the boss died. I'd just make sure that everyone gets a few hits into the warden before taking him down.

Obviously I don't need this now but I'm happy to help out if you can get a third to sign up. Either that or arrange to do it with Midgen and get someone else in.

Let me know.

Associate
Thanks to all that guided me through the raid last night. I'm fully clued up on all the mechanics now (even though my jumping skills remain weak).

A pleasure to have you along, hopefully you'll be there Monday.

And thanks to the others on the raid also, I good evening. I thought we made some good progress.

Soldato
Xbox guys - I'll be on later today until the early hours in them opening if people still want to raid, just drop me a message. :)

Obviously there's PvP too, just saying. :p

I'll be up for this.

Hopefully I can also get my exotic sword tonight. Had we not had xbl issues last night I think I would have done it.

Thanks for the effort though HairyHen. Hopefully you managed to complete your agonarch rune before XBL took you down and booted you out of the game.

Associate
Xbox One Raid (aka Milky's magical mystery tour) - Friday 2nd October 2015 @ 8pm'ish

1. Milkychaos
2. BurpSnart77
3. WKD5

Last edited:
Soldato
Code:
1. Milkychaos
2. BurpSnart77
3. WKD5
4. Wardyp

I friend added everyone in this list. Party add me when someone is ready. I'm on :)

Soldato
Just updating this as I can definitely make it now.

:D

VoG/CE Raiding [Saturday 7PM]
1. TehBluebear
2. OweO
3. Greeboth
4. Drunzer
5. TehMoe
6. BurtimusII (tentative)

Good news; dug out the PS4 mic and gave it a test run with it sat in front of me and my two mates reported no issues with my voice pickup. Got it set up at a decent mix of party chat volume to game volume so I should be able to hear people nicely as well.

Soldato
I'm online now guys, just talking to a mate in a party atm. When you're all on give me a shout. Jelly and hairy are online, dunno if they wanna play too. :)

Internet died, otherwise apart from the jumping puzzle that was good, including milkybk's banter :D

Soldato
:D

VoG/CE Raiding [Saturday 7PM]
1. TehBluebear
2. OweO
3. Greeboth
4. Drunzer
5. TehMoe
6. BurtimusII (tentative)

Good news; dug out the PS4 mic and gave it a test run with it sat in front of me and my two mates reported no issues with my voice pickup. Got it set up at a decent mix of party chat volume to game volume so I should be able to hear people nicely as well.

Going to have to bow out of this one tonight lads I'm sorry. My wife wants to go to the cinema and if I tell her 'sorry I'm raiding tonight' one more time I'm pretty sure Oryx will be the last of my worries =) I'll be on a little later on though if you's fancy Crucible or something.

Back
Top Bottom