**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
I've actually quite enjoyed the dialogue itself, it's just the dialogue options that are disappointing. There seems a significant leap forward in the voice actor diversity too which is such a relief.

Yes, no or threaten...To think that there were conversations in FO:NV with 20+ possible responses based on your character skills alone :(

I am actually playing the game saying as little as possible tbh. The main character is awful and it is better with him saying as little as possible. Hopefully a dialogue mod that removes the voice and adds the actual lines is not far off:)

Associate
Nah, standard settings with a tweak or two:

OBv3HQk.jpg

I may have overestimated the 780Ti's ability as I've had drops to the 30s in heavily wooded areas.

It's still better than I expected for the 780ti at that res. I'd personally disable dof and ssao for a further performance bump when I'll eventually buy it.

Are you running with a gsync monitor?

Associate
Yes, no or threaten...To think that there were conversations in FO:NV with 20+ possible responses based on your character skills alone :(

I am actually playing the game saying as little as possible tbh. The main character is awful and it is better with him saying as little as possible. Hopefully a dialogue mod that removes the voice and adds the actual lines is not far off:)

Yeah I'm not sure having a voice protagonist is the way to go really. With games like Witcher 3 yeah sure as the character has an actual history and everything. Fallout and Elder Scrolls games characters are what you make them, so having a silent character makes just as much sense and allows for much more variety in dialogue.

I don't think it's patchable or moddable either as it's a core part of the game which is such a shame. I hope I'm wrong and you're right in that they can remove the voice and add lines. Fingers crossed.

Luckily the dialogue itself seems really good in my opinion so I guess that's good.

Soldato
Loving this so far but struggling with the amount of stuff to sort through, especially weapon wise.
Got loads but need to focus on which ones I can actually use and have decent firepower.

I've reached Level 11 and still don't really understand the perks system l, do I have to active them or? My settlement is doing well at sanctuary, but seems slow to get more people in.
No scrap left either to build anything and materials don't seem to transfer between settlements.

Other than all that though, the game is incredible, just sucks hours and hours away, need to fix the res problem though, still playing at 1080p as 1440p just kills the display off with no signal.

Soldato
Hardback Collectors guide came today aswell. Having a good read of that at the minute as I have never really got into fallout before. Though I am really enjoying it so far.

The guide itself is very nice, almost felt feel to it. Plenty of detail inside as you would expect. Came with some limited edition lithograph cards and good sized map to replace the skyrim one I have above my PC :).

Permabanned
Been playing this today for the last few hours and I have to say i'm a little dissapointed with the graphics, Its 2015 so I really thought things would have moved on a lot more. Don't get me wrong I love the game and my pc runs it without issues max settings, but kinda a let down on the graphics front.

Associate
I dont get the perk system either, I put on "one more star" on a perk then exit, I guess it increases it somewhat?

Just say you wanted to be able to picklocks,you would need 4 points in perception.
Once you have 4 points in perception,next time you level you can goto level 4 on perception and put a point in locksmith,which allows you to unlock advanced locks.

There are 4 levels to locksmith 1 advanced locks
level 2 is to open expert locks (required character level 7 needed)
level 3 is to open master locks(required character level 18 needed)
level 4 your bobby pins never break(required character level 41 needed)

Then its basically the same for each skill, like to make stimpaks heal for more you need inteligence 2 which lets you put points in the medic skill.

Im not very good at explaining things,but hope that helps.

Use this to plan your builds http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=77.5!1141!2171.6.2.3

Soldato
I don't think it's patchable or moddable either as it's a core part of the game which is such a shame. I hope I'm wrong and you're right in that they can remove the voice and add lines. Fingers crossed.

Luckily the dialogue itself seems really good in my opinion so I guess that's good.

I'm not so sure it would be that hard?... Turn off the dialogue camera and it is basically the same as previously was but with a voice. Add exactly what the character is going to say underneath the options like in Deus Ex and it would be OK. Still crap options, but much better.

Back
Top Bottom