**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Any fan of The Witcher (or any other well written RPG like Divinity Original Sin) can chime in on dialogues and characters?

Dialogue is ****. Characters all seem quite good and interesting.

Although the animations still aren't great, they are a massive improvement over the static talking heads of previous games and are a welcome addition imo, and help to make the characters a bit more alive.

Edit- It didn't even occur to me that that word might be censored!:eek: (rhymes with third)

Last edited:
Soldato
Power armour. I don't want to use it really, I'm a stealth. But I've just been told you get this by level 3 as part of the introduction to the game!!!! You serious???? So you're OP from the get go?

You can leave it behind. I don't want power armour at all tbh. I would just rather craft something myself.

Associate

Although the animations still aren't great, they are a massive improvement over the static talking heads of previous games and are a welcome addition imo, and help to make the characters a bit more alive.

Edit- It didn't even occur to me that that word might be censored!:eek: (rhymes with third)

That's it, I'll ask Bethesda to hire me as a writer, I can't get how story and dialogues aren't a priority :o

Soldato
Anyone enjoying the radio stations? :)

I like the transitioning of night and day and the purple of the sky.

Does it not take away the atmosphere a bit listening to the radio? I have always listened to it in previous games but was quite enjoying the ambient sounds and subtle game music so didnt know whether to turn it on or not.

Associate

I've actually quite enjoyed the dialogue itself, it's just the dialogue options that are disappointing. There seems a significant leap forward in the voice actor diversity too which is such a relief.

Suspended
Does it not take away the atmosphere a bit listening to the radio? I have always listened to it in previous games but was quite enjoying the ambient sounds and subtle game music so didnt know whether to turn it on or not.

I don't personally think it does, I am turning it on and off here and there, some of the stations are quite mellow and relaxing as well.

Soldato
Any fan of The Witcher (or any other well written RPG like Divinity Original Sin) can chime in on dialogues and characters?

Ummm, it's well written to watch, to interact, no, not one bit. I've no idea why you can't preview what the options will entail. It's a terribly flawed part of the game which no doubt will be modded/updated at some point.

But, the actual writing is good.

Associate
They need the writers from Kingdoms of Amalur...

Or The Witcher, Divinity: Original Sin, all the great indie games of the past few years...
What saddens me :)o) is that they have so much money - in theory - yet no good writers were hired.
And it's not like they spent everything to make a new engine.

But I'm not even playing it so I shouldn't judge.

Associate
I couldn't work this out without the perk, I guess I need the perk! Also, do smaller crafting materials sync between these areas?

Once you setup a trade route you share materials between those two settlements.

You set them up by going into workshop mode, going to a settler and pressing q which brings up a list of settlements.

I'm level 5 but really low or out of ammo already for most things any advice would be greatly appreciated, i'm just off to clear some raiders out too!

I'd get the ammo perk actually. I don't have it myself as I prioritized other stuff but I'm thinking of taking it next actually as ammo (especially energy ammo) seems pretty scarce. Other than .38 anyway that seems to be everywhere.

Soldato
Apparently there is a farm south west of Sanctuary, Abernathy. I need food but cannot find it, any ideas?

Edit: Got it, right behind the objective.. Need 1 more food item.

Last edited:
Associate
Apparently there is a farm south west of Sanctuary, Abernathy. I need food but cannot find it, any ideas?

Continue the sanctuary questline from the Minuteman, it
takes you to a settlement to the east which has a farm and there aren't any high level enemies between it and you so you can grab about 10 tomato plants from there and they respawn

That's how I got my initial food anyways.

Soldato
Once you setup a trade route you share materials between those two settlements.

You set them up by going into workshop mode, going to a settler and pressing q which brings up a list of settlements.

I'd get the ammo perk actually. I don't have it myself as I prioritized other stuff but I'm thinking of taking it next actually as ammo (especially energy ammo) seems pretty scarce. Other than .38 anyway that seems to be everywhere.

i don't think i have access to special perks yet, is it a special one? or your base perks?

Back
Top Bottom