**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Associate
@Karik, so for example I put all stars onto intelligence. That is then full. Does the perk below that open up for use? if that makes sense.

There are 10 perks per stat, the first perk requires (for example using Intelligence) Intelligence rank 1, the second perk requires Intelligence at 2, the third requires Intelligence at 3, etc, etc.

If you have 7 Int the first 7 Perks below Intelligence will be available for you to choose even at level 2. You can then invest in either increasing your SPECIAL further (eg at level 3 you could get your Int to 8) or you can invest in one of the Perks below the SPECIALS.

Caporegime
That is ridiculous,can't see Fallout 4 to compete with Witcher 3 for the best game of the year.

No chance, The Witcher 3 was a huge undertaking by the developers with a world that comes alive. Fallout 4 is a rehashed,tweaked console oriented game on the same naff engine that's only good for mods!

Edit case and point

It needs the same stupid FOV edit as Skyrim!

Associate
@Karik, so for example I put all stars onto intelligence. That is then full. Does the perk below that open up for use? if that makes sense.

If you put 10 points into itelligence,then you would have the 10 perks under intelligence for you to put skill points into.
if you only had 1 point in intellegence you could only use perk 1,the other 9 would be greyed out.
Just have a mess around with the perk builder i linked.

Soldato
Have to say im quite enjoying the little ive played so far, and runs fine defaulted to high on my spec in rig.

Tried a few of the FOV fixes but honestly cant tell if they worked. Hand and weapon models seem no differerent to me. Hopefully i wont get any headaches from the tight view.

Just taking it slow and enjoying it.

Soldato
No chance, The Witcher 3 was a huge undertaking by the developers with a world that comes alive. Fallout 4 is a rehashed,tweaked console oriented game on the same naff engine that's only good for mods!

Edit case and point

It needs the same stupid FOV edit as Skyrim!

I also noticed the shadows load exactly like skyrim's. Not progressive but move about a foot every 10 seconds lol.

Associate
Not surprised the writing is trash. Skyrims was too. People still lapped it up though so cant blame Bethesda for churning out the same level of crap.

Soldato
Not surprised the writing is trash. Skyrims was too. People still lapped it up though so cant blame Bethesda for churning out the same level of crap.
No one 'lapped it up'. I've never seen anyone praise the writing in Skyrim as top notch.

I hate this term 'lapped it up', referring to how some people are just too stupid or simple to recognize something you obviously see as something super important.

What is probably happening is that people dont see it as such a detriment to the experience that it isn't made up for in many other ways. Or in other words, people enjoy these games for other reasons and that's ok. I've yet to come across the perfect game that does absolutely everything perfectly. And it will probably never, ever happen.

Soldato
The big problem I have is the main story. I've got all these quests to do that sound quite interesting... If they hadn't made the story seem so urgent. No I'm not going to join the Brotherhood of Steel, my son has been kidnapped by a psycho! The Game would be much better off without this nonsense.

I think I am going to just go through the story as quickly as I can then go on from there. It Makes no sense to do any side quest until he's at least found his son.

Back
Top Bottom