[Einstein@home] News Q4 2015

PDW

PDW

Associate
So for the first time, reluctantly, I'm going to lay the facts bare, based on their PPD remaining unchanged
Thanks for the news update...

I'll have to make my apologies now then :(

Firstly, I can't guarantee that my PPD is going to stay at this level :eek:
Sadly, not only is my pending count still rising but I also have another couple of cards to change over from GIMPS to Einstein.
This can only mean that my PPD should rise even higher in the next week or two. Sorry :D

Secondly, I'm here for the 50 million I promised but once I have fulfilled that committment I will be stopping so I won't be able to help defend.
Hopefully we will have passed them long before that happens :cool:

Soldato
Have switched to Einstein to become a footsoldier, although because I'm only able to do CPU tasks I'll be more akin to a very slow footsoldier that has gammy legs and vastly inferior weaponry - or, to put it another way, I'm a footsoldier bringing a club with a nail in it to a gun fight.

Associate
Just noticed from my sig that I slipped into the team #3 spot yesterday:)

Currently selling kit so not sure how long I can keep this up.

Have a couple of old GTX 480's I could run not sure how many ppd they are worth.

Soldato
OP
Sadly, not only is my pending count still rising but I also have another couple of cards to change over from GIMPS to Einstein.
This can only mean that my PPD should rise even higher in the next week or two. Sorry

It was like an emotional rollercoaster reading your post, you have a strange sense of humour......and I like it :D

Have switched to Einstein to become a footsoldier

The Right Honourable Tross, it gives me great pleasure to see you back here mate - now get your combats on, grab your weapon and man the wall ya slacker :cool:

And more good news is its only 7 days till we overtake AMD USERS

Was just about to post info on this and more, will follow below :D

Just finishing up some World Community Grids and then switching my CPU over to Einstein which will run with DENIS, when it's back up.

Woohoo, as before, grab ya weapon and man the wall........and make it sharpish :p

Just noticed from my sig that I slipped into the team #3 spot yesterday:)

Currently selling kit so not sure how long I can keep this up.

Well done S'ah and whatever you can give is fine with me, what you have put out accross OcUK's DC projects has been inspiring, we are lucky to have you :cool:

Soldato
OP
Teams totally insane PPD for last 24 hours was 1,876,093

Teams individual output

PDW and Ba have officialy gone ballistic, having recently left Earth's atomsphere they are bodly going
were no OcUK'r has gone before, between them they are putting out 900,000 PER DAY
Senture, pnutty, Postmanfw, MGP & Zapp, OcUK's assault troops providing support with 476,846 PPD
The rest of us covering the rear with 293,183 PPD (this, on its own, is more than UK Boinc's total output)

How are we doing globally?

Well, out of 11,284 Teams, we are currently ranked 56th - here as some overtakes on the horizon.
Stats based on RAC so we will actually overtake them sooner than stated below, a few much much sooner

Team-Days-Rank

AMD Users-6-55
UH IT HPC-10-54
Intel Corporation-24-52

Personal Milestones

pnutty passed 700,000
Tina passed 90,000
Andy_Taximan passed 6,500,000
Zapp3012 passed 850,000
Postmanfw passed 350,000
pnutty passed 650,000
ynda passed 40,000
Zapp3012 passed 800,000
currob passed 1,000,000
Senture passed 3,000,000
cadmunkey passed 80,000
colinmcr passed 70,000
Postmanfw passed 250,000

Bonus news - UK Boinks PPD dropped slighty

Picture of the day -

TUpH3Kp.png

Chart - TeamOcUK

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
New member - Streetlight joins us from Gridcoin and wastes no time at all strapping on his camo undipants and getting stuck in with his 2 pc's.
He has the 13th highest PPD already so obviously its going to increase significantly.
If you needed any proof ......

Streetlight passes 50,000

Edit: just remembered your the 4P Opteron dude, popcorn time :D

Speaking of new members, Postmanfw decided not to deliver the mail today, he pumped out 132,660 points instead, I'll put a stamp on that :D

Update: As I write these words the teams PPD has most likely passed 2 MILLION!

Will have to wait for a stats update to confirm.

Update 2: Why wait, I know it has, everyone grab a slice of cake

ocukpud1.gif

Last edited:
Associate
New member - Streetlight joins us from Gridcoin and wastes no time at all strapping on his camo undipants and getting stuck in with his 2 pc's.
He has the 13th highest PPD already so obviously its going to increase significantly.
If you needed any proof ......

Streetlight passes 50,000

Edit: just remembered your the 4P Opteron dude, popcorn time :D

Have a few more Surprise coming this way......:D:D

Just waiting on Numberfields@home jobs to finnish. ;)

''Edit: just remembered your the 4P Opteron dude, popcorn time :D''

Can't get my R9 280x to run on it tho. :( Wont find GPU :mad:

Associate
LOL - that's a major lol

You do realise typing posts on the forum is slowing down your computer running Einstein :eek:

I'm typing on my iPhone :cool:

And yea the pi is rather slow lol, I just did it to see if it could.
I have a Banana Pro I'm going to set up at the weekend.
It's faster and quad core.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
At least your iPhone is doing something useful then :p

I just bought an Amazon Fire 7 for £35 but I can't get Boinc to install. It puts up a splash screen but I can only see the Event messages panel that is putting out errors saying connection failed. Haven't found anything with suggestions to try and fix it yet :(

Soldato
OP
I've just added 10 cpu cores, every little helps, getting caught up in the enthusiasm of this thread ! :)

In the words of Murray Walker - GO GO GO :D

Even my raspberry pi is doing is part lol

Game on!

Hardcore attititude - like :D

Got 2x6970 sitting here but cant get open cl to run so they can work...not sure if they would do much?

How many gpu work units are people running with their cards?

If you can get them running they would likely kick my butt, 3072 streams sounds
great but I know nothing about Radeons on Einstein, sure you will get some feedback off the others.

How many gpu units running? info not much use to you but my 660ti is running 2 no problem, could
run 3 but dont know how if would effect my PPD so afraid to mess with it at the moment.

At work all weekend peeps so do us proud - latter ;)

PDW

PDW

Associate
I just bought an Amazon Fire 7 for £35 but I can't get Boinc to install. It puts up a splash screen but I can only see the Event messages panel that is putting out errors saying connection failed. Haven't found anything with suggestions to try and fix it yet :(
Have had to install google's Play Store app to download a newer version of Boinc. It doesn't work as it should but have got 2 Einstein jobs running so will see how long they take to do before unleashing all 4 cores :)

Half-time scores for today are looking impressive :D
derk will be pleased when he wakes up at work and checks :p

Back
Top Bottom