Fuji X Series

Soldato
Mr Jones, its been a while!
It has been.

Busy with work and other priorities, finally got a chance to get back to photography beyond my mobile after years away :D

Making much better use of it than I ever did, ha! Nice pics :cool:

Its an awesome camera, for the price, size and lenses are priced within my budget! Just need more time to head outside.

Associate
I have shot into the 3200, not found the noise troubling tbh.

Aiming for the 56mm f1.2 but it'll be awhile yet, going to enjoy my camera and lens before pushing for something longer and faster. Prime all the way as the lenses are so small!

Edit:

Also learnt a lot about the cameras auto focus, it's based on vertical lines. If you AF on anything that isn't contrasting off a vertical line, it hunts or fails. Interesting compared to phase focusing.

Always been impressed with the high ISO performance on my X-E2. Usually shoot in auto ISO with 3200 limit, and happily bump up to 6400 when necessary.

In Madrid for a long weekend and have used the 23mm 1.4 exclusively. Superb lens.

The files look okay if they are properly exposed, but, if there isn't enough light around to do that, you really see noise start to creep back in. I have to say, a noisy shot I can live with, it's the AF in not even that dark situations that has cost me a few shots. It is slower and less accurate than any of my previous DSLRs: 30D 40D 350D 400D 550D D3200.

-----------------------------------------------------------

With all that said, Fuji Cashback and trade in deals are back!!!!!

1 XF lens = £75 cashback.
2 XF lenses = £225 cashback.
3 XF lenses = £375 cashback.

£80 trade in bonus on bodies and cash back as well!

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/promotions/

Soldato
I bought myself a X100T on the weekend as a travel/street camera, after spending 1 day using it I love it :)

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some accessories to go with it?

I probably need a strap, maybe just a wrist strap, maybe a case and well anything else that may come in handy or just something cool.

Associate
Torn between an XT1 or a X100T.

Have Children so may benefit from a faster lens and focussing. Might take more pictures with the smaller setup however.

Anyone have any advise.

XT1 & 56mm £1105 inc cashback

X100T £700

Head says X100T, heart says XT1

Soldato

Have Children so may benefit from a faster lens and focussing. Might take more pictures with the smaller setup however.

Anyone have any advise.

X100T £700

If I was going to buy as the only camera I'd go for the XT1 because of the changeable lens.

I've just purchased the X100T and love it, but I got as an addition to my D810 for times it's not practical to carry a lot of gear or for times I want to do some street photography.

Associate

Anyone have any advise.

X100T £700

One of the really interesting things on the X100 line is the leaf shutter and ND filter and all creative things you can do with them. For example :

http://strobist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/leaf-shutter-nd-flash-fuji-x100s.html?m=1

It's one of the reasons I'd really like an X100/S/T.

Soldato
I have both the X100T and X-T1 with 56mm and for the purpose of taking pictures of your children I would have to go with the x100T.

My reasoning for this is because while the 56mm is a cracking lens, it's quite limited in what you can do with it. The 23mm on the X100T is kind of fit for purpose for pretty much anything. It's also ridiculously lightweight and can easily fit in my jacket pocket and can go anywhere. The X-T1 with 56mm, however, is a LOT heavier and bulkier (compared to a DSLR it is much smaller though).

You really need to think about whether you are going to buy extra lenses in the future to be honest. And if you go with the X-T1, I would consider the 35mm f2 over the 56mm as it would be a more useful focal length in general.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have both the X100T and X-T1 with 56mm and for the purpose of taking pictures of your children I would have to go with the x100T.

My reasoning for this is because while the 56mm is a cracking lens, it's quite limited in
what you can do with it. The 23mm on the X100T is kind of fit for purpose for pretty much anything. It's also ridiculously lightweight and can easily fit in my jacket pocket and can go anywhere. The X-T1 with 56mm, however, is a LOT heavier and bulkier (compared to a DSLR it is much smaller though).

You really need to think about whether you are going to buy extra lenses in the future to be honest. And if you go with the X-T1, I would consider the 35mm f2 over the 56mm as it would be a more useful focal length in general.
just wondering, is there any reason he should exclude the XT10 regarding the latter as it would be cheaper?

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends how much weather sealing, a better build, an ISO dial and larger buffer among other things mean to you I guess. The xt10 is a mighty fine camera.

Soldato
Picked up an X-T10 to pair with my Leica Q and have been hugely impressed with the Fuji. I've picked up the 10-24, 35 (1.4), 56 & 55-200 and the quality of all of them is fantastic. I also picked up a cheap X-E2 which is cracking fun even if it's a bit slow in terms of AF (apparently an upcoming FW update might help with this).

If you are on the fence then it's probably going to be a good time soon to pick up an X-Pro1 or X-E2 for a good price as people will be upgrading to the new models.

RaV

RaV

Associate
I am honestly so impressed my Fuji's firmware updates.

I knew the XE2 was getting the better focus from the XT1 & XT10. But I was not expecting them adding an electronic shutter option among other decent updates! Its pretty refreshing to have a piece of technology you bought not be instantly forgotten about by the manufacturer. Im looking forward to the 4th of Feb :)

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n160115_07.html

Associate
I am honestly so impressed my Fuji's firmware updates.

I knew the XE2 was getting the better focus from the XT1 & XT10. But I was not expecting them adding an electronic shutter option among other decent updates! Its pretty refreshing to have a piece of technology you bought not be instantly forgotten about by the manufacturer. Im looking forward to the 4th of Feb :)

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n160115_07.html

Marvellous, innit? Refreshing in the age of endless cynical product roadmaps driven by marketing only.

Obviously these companies exist to make money, they're not charities after all, but there's nothing like a manufacturer that stands by products well into their lifecycle.

The new X-E2S is basically the X-E2 with the new firmware. And as the RRP is $699 (X-E2 was $999 originally), so even new adopters get a good deal.

Roll on February!

Back
Top Bottom