Fuji X Series

Soldato
They are amazing little cameras.

I recently bought an X100T to replace my X100 (which I still have). It is a worthy upgrade as the X100 has a few annoying issues (nothing IQ related though).

I've not long come back from NYC too where it was my only camera I took. I left my D3 and expensive lenses at home......it's that good!

Enjoy it!

Do you have any pics online from NY? I was there in July with a DSLR and zoom, would love to see your take on it with just the X100T.

RaV

RaV

Associate
So tempted by the X-T1. A smaller camera to my dslr would get much more use. Looks like a solid little camera. Guess Ill wait for payday!

Associate
I don't know why I opened this thread. I had just persuaded myself I don't need to buy a X100S/T to replace my D7000 as all I ever use is the 35mm and it's massive...

Associate
Well I have just moved over :) sold all my Canon gear and now proud owner of the X-E1 and 23mm 1.4. So far 24 hours in and I'm loving it! Focus isn't that slow (well not as slow as I thought it was going to be)

Associate
Well I have just moved over :) sold all my Canon gear and now proud owner of the X-E1 and 23mm 1.4. So far 24 hours in and I'm loving it! Focus isn't that slow (well not as slow as I thought it was going to be)

Marvellous. I'm still resisting buying a 23mm. Partly because I can't decide if it would be better to buy an X100S/T and save on lens swapping, and partly because I know if I bought either, it would complete the gear selection and ring the death knell of all my canon gear.

Soldato
Thanks guys. Means a lot.

Of course I did do a lot of the generic sightseeing photos, but as you said, I mainly tried to capture the mood and 'hussle and bussle' of New York. I normally hate big cities, but NY was great, and the people there were generally very helpful and friendly.

Definitely worth a trip!

Soldato
Thanks guys. Means a lot.

Of course I did do a lot of the generic sightseeing photos, but as you said, I mainly tried to capture the mood and 'hussle and bussle' of New York. I normally hate big cities, but NY was great, and the people there were generally very helpful and friendly.

Definitely worth a trip!

Can I ask, did you add any film grain to those shots in post processing or was that just the high ISO?

Soldato
Some was high ISO, as apart from the obviously long shutter speed photos, I was handheld all trip. I use the camera on auto ISO, with a 3200 limit. So a lot of shots are at 3200. But I do add a little noise as a PP effect film look.

Soldato
X100s arrived yesterday, only had a play in the house under artificial lighting but I am already impressed. It's going to take a bit of getting used to but the instant access to the settings that matter feels so intuitive. I can see the low light AF issues everyone talks about but you can work around that.

Going to work and coming home in the dark is annoying...roll on the weekend so I can have a proper play.

Would be interested to know any recommendations for shooting / camera settings people favour.

Associate
Here's one of the first shots I've taken with the X-E1 and 23mm. Raw conversion in camera with Velvia sim added. Decided I didn't need any processing at all on it as it's pretty much bang on, I can see my editing times going down from now on!

This is one of the main reasons why I love my X-E2. What you see in the EVF is pretty much the end result, and the end result is almost always what I pictured in my mind (MVF?) when I took the photo.

I really need a 23mm, but I'm in a total quandary about the 23mm f1.4 vs an X100....

Soldato
I'm constantly trying NOT to sell my Nikon SLR and lenses to get an XT1 and Fuji lenses. But I keep resisting.
I love the freedom the X100T gives you as it's fixed focal length. I'm not constantly thinking 'which lenses shall I take?' or always swapping lenses depending on what I'm shooting. With the X100 you make the best of what you have.

I'm sure I'll cave in one day, but for the moment I'm resisting!

Back
Top Bottom