Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Sun

Soldato
Nintendo American saying its now true. I really need to finish the one i have on 2DS! I hope though they dont make this one only playable on the new 3ds only

Associate
OP
Nintendo American saying its now true. I really need to finish the one i have on 2DS! I hope though they dont make this one only playable on the new 3ds only

It's playable on all 3DS consoles. Here's more info from the direct announcement. To be honest they barely revealed anything besides the confirmed names of the game with the accompanied logos.

"As we celebrate 20 years since the launch of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in Japan, the next era of Pokémon games is being announced! Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover! Watch the first teaser for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon at the top of the page." - Pokemon Website

I guess it's safe to say that Pokemon Generation 7 is on the horizon.

Soldato
Awesome. I'll be buying this as soon as it is out. I expect I'll probably get the Moon version.

I'm already super excited about getting Yellow and Blue tomorrow.

Associate
I'm disappointed. Last time they released 2 new generations on one handheld, it was terrible (gen 5 was the worst experience I've ever had playing Pokemon). At the very least they could try and make a console version. And don't give me the whole 'WiiU didn't sell well' argument. Didn't stop games like Splatoon, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 from selling well (and selling more consoles). And did I forget that Pokemon XY/ORAS had noticeable framedrops on 3DS? They were pushing the hardware to the limit. I will remain skeptical and cynical for now.

I'd be okay if they released Pokemon Z on 3DS, but for now I just don't think they can top ORAS for a 3DS Pokemon game. Pokemon XY seemed too quick and short for my taste. If these new ones are like Gen 2 and feature multiple regions, then I might just forgive and get excited. But I don't think it'll happen on the 3DS. (I just want the 3DS to die and be replaced by NX handheld already, it's got plenty enough games)

The actual best news from the Nintendo Direct was that they made gen 1 compatible with Pokemon Bank. Now they just need to do the same for gen 2 (which was one of the best generations IMO).

Anyhow, this has reminded me of my forgotten quest to capture all the Pokemon in XY/ORAS (as well as completing my 3rd playthrough of Y and 2 more palythroughs of OR). It's a big task but I'll eventually get around to it.

Soldato
Gold and Silver (especially Silver) will always be my favourite generation. Beating the Pokemon league and then finding out you can go back to Kanto after AND then best 'Red' in the cave at the end. My 11 year old brain was blown.

Though I have spent a wonderful 90 hours playing Alpha Sapphire. Got some right beasts on that game

Soldato
Trademarks just been leaked, expect details at the Pokemon Direct tomorrow. Seems likely that they will skip Pokemon Z now, which isn't that big of a deal.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/25/pokemon-sun-and-moon-coming/

Its been over two years since the last pokemon generation, so I'm hoping for a release this year for the 3DS.

V3Y6zvg.jpg
What do you mean by last pokemon generation?

You mean fresh new pokemon?

Whats Ruby and Omega about then weren't they released around half a year ago or so?

Soldato
The last Pokémon games were remakes of the GBA versions, which are 3rd generation Pokémon. Sun and Moon will have a new generation Pokémon like X and Y.

Soldato
Gold and Silver (especially Silver) will always be my favourite generation. Beating the Pokemon league and then finding out you can go back to Kanto after AND then best 'Red' in the cave at the end. My 11 year old brain was blown.

Though I have spent a wonderful 90 hours playing Alpha Sapphire. Got some right beasts on that game

Agree, silver and gold really was the high point

Associate
Looking forward to this, hoping for some really cool new mons. Looking at the release videos that some of the YouTubers I follow did, there could be some really cool typings for legendaries if the leaked typing list is close to accurate

Associate
I can't wait for the ability to trade up to this using Pokebank. Currently running through red/blue/yellow on the virtual console and will definitely be transferring them through when this hits.

Soldato
I can't wait for the ability to trade up to this using Pokebank. Currently running through red/blue/yellow on the virtual console and will definitely be transferring them through when this hits.

Same, I've been playing through yellow on the virtual console and have 6 badges articuno, zapdos and mew so far.

One thing I've noticed is how much tougher the fights generally are compared to in more recent games, hopefully they increase the difficulty in sun and moon a little.

Caporegime
Excited! :).

Purchased Red/Blue, and Yellow on my 3DS and love them.

I totally, 100%, agree with the notion that Gold/Silver were/are the high point.

Associate
OP
Starters and legendary Pokemon revealed.

I find all the starters lacking in the appeal department. Not utterly terrible but I'd have thought they could've done better. I'll be going Fire as always. Charizard lit that flame for me years ago. Gotta stay loyal!

The Sun legendary is a lion and the Moon legendary is a bat from what I can make of it.

Soldato
I was about to post this, I like the look of them a lot :D

I'll probably plump for the grass one this time. I don't normally like flying types, so having a good one from the start that I can put fly on saves me from getting another in my squad.

The secondaries of the water and the fire ones could be interesting. The Water one looks like it could be psychic, fairy or ice, whilst the fire one looks like dark, which would all be a first for the series and quite interesting.

Release date also announced as November 18, or November 23 for the UK/EU. Hype on!

Back
Top Bottom