Quantum Break PC version confirmed!

Associate
It's not just a "6/10" or a "good" game.

It's a Remedy game. I see many fans spending 50£ since that seems the only option right now.
Alan Wake had a similar reception, still one of my favourites.

Soldato
Ok I can finally see it in my store now.

£50.....OMG though. I want to see some more reviews for this first before I lay down that kinda of cash.

Also some form of performance guide.

2 x 980s should do the trick normally, but as we know the Windows Store hates SLI......so....well lets wait.

Soldato
I love Remedy games and would love to play this, but I cant bring myself to pay M$ 50 quid to get it from their crappy store with all the limitations the games from there have.

Such a shame.

Caporegime
I love Remedy games and would love to play this, but I cant bring myself to pay M$ 50 quid to get it from their crappy store with all the limitations the games from there have.

Such a shame.

This is exactly it.
Microsoft make noises about PC gaming and then they just fail.
It's PC gaming entirely on their terms, which is a very damning future.
Then we've got the lies, and the track record. It's a recipe for disaster.

Until AAA games started coming to Windows 10 Store, I was fine. I was critical of MS for their general uselessness (Windows RT etc), but now I'm firmly part of the "MS hates PC gaming" bandwagon.

Also, people ARE forgoing the Windows 10 Store.
It's got a meagre 3 ratings on the store. People in general aren't buying from the store.

Last edited:
Associate
This as well dude. Remedy can do no wrong for me or at least havnt DONE wrong

Too bad they spent so long backed by Microsoft.

They make one game every 4 years, with the right change they could be much more important in the industry.
Right now they feel like CDPR before The Witcher 3 - but without GOG making infinite money.

Soldato
It's not just a "6/10" or a "good" game.

It's a Remedy game. I see many fans spending 50£ since that seems the only option right now.
Alan Wake had a similar reception, still one of my favourites.

All Alan Wake's content included in pre order sold me this game. Alan Wake is a masterpiece in my opinion, one of those games I had to complete before even thinking of another game.

Permabanned
Well, Its not exactly a sharp image ingame. This may have something to do with no 3440x1440 support and what looks like a 1440p image stretched though. Going to have a fiddle now

Soldato
Well sad to say its not a good port at all coming from Remedy this is a bit of a shock. Good game interesting story but poor port right now.

Unless your a massive Remedy fan like me I would say wait for patches it needs a lot of optimisation I would guess its had virtually none as the port was only announced in Feb :rolleyes:

Bad:
Textures are very low res it looks like a DX9 level game to me :eek:
FPS are very erratic even with the recommended 364.72 WHQL Nvidia drivers.
30 FPS lock is almost unplayable it dips way below that.
60 FPS lock is better but still the game stutters a lot in places & jerks around.
Overall graphics simply look like DX9 with some more advanced shader FX for the time powers.
Maxxed out @ 4K it does not look like a recent PC game it looks quite dated in most places due to low res textures & mundane looking levels.
4K FPS are very erratic I doubt there is a single PC capable of playing this right now @ 4K (I only have a GTX 980 Ti + Core i7-980X with 6Gb Ram. The game only uses 4.5Gb system Ram does not need more really so far. Stuttering is caused by poor optimisation IMO. This affects gameplay a lot it needs sharp reflexes but the lack of optimisation means your struggling to stay sharp.
Needs at least 6 or more CPU cores + a high end GPU. Graphical presets make no difference to stuttering right now.

Good:
Its a Remedy game with an interesting story you simply must play to the end.
Lots of ingame Remedy easter eggs.
Different approach to a modern big budget game. Not predictable at all.
Live action cutscenes look incredible & are actually interesting to watch fully,

Win 10 store is not really the issue here the game has fundamental optimisation issues & the level of graphical quality is so dated it barely looks like a 2012 PC game to me.

Look on the upside if not for MS funding this game it would not exist on PC at all I know Win 10 only is not ideal perhaps in 3-4 years it will come out on other platforms but I think MS mean it when they say its Win 10 only forever.

Only cost me £17 as I had some credit on my credit card but even then at this early stage I am doubting its worth that much due to low quality graphics & optimisation issues I am not sure can be fixed easily as it uses Remedy brand new Northlight game engine.

I will play a big more this evening & report back but its looking like a bit of a chore right now the FPS really hurt the gameplay.

Permabanned
Well sad to say its not a good port at all coming from Remedy this is a bit of a shock. Good game interesting story but poor port right now.

Unless your a massive Remedy fan like me I would say wait for patches it needs a lot of optimisation I would guess its had virtually none as the port was only announced in Feb :rolleyes:

Bad:
Textures are very low res it looks like a DX9 level game to me :eek:
FPS are very erratic even with the recommended 364.72 WHQL Nvidia drivers.
30 FPS lock is almost unplayable it dips way below that.
60 FPS lock is better but still the game stutters a lot in places & jerks around.
Overall graphics simply look like DX9 with some more advanced shader FX for the time powers.
Maxxed out @ 4K it does not look like a recent PC game it looks quite dated in most places due to low res textures & mundane looking levels.
4K FPS are very erratic I doubt there is a single PC capable of playing this right now @ 4K (I only have a GTX 980 Ti + Core i7-980X with 6Gb Ram. The game only uses 4.5Gb system Ram does not need more really so far. Stuttering is caused by poor optimisation IMO. This affects gameplay a lot it needs sharp reflexes but the lack of optimisation means your struggling to stay sharp.
Needs at least 6 or more CPU cores + a high end GPU. Graphical presets make no difference to stuttering right now.

Good:
Its a Remedy game with an interesting story you simply must play to the end.
Lots of ingame Remedy easter eggs.
Different approach to a modern big budget game. Not predictable at all.
Live action cutscenes look incredible & are actually interesting to watch fully,

Win 10 store is not really the issue here the game has fundamental optimisation issues & the level of graphical quality is so dated it barely looks like a 2012 PC game to me.

Look on the upside if not for MS funding this game it would not exist on PC at all I know Win 10 only is not ideal perhaps in 3-4 years it will come out on other platforms but I think MS mean it when they say its Win 10 only forever.

Only cost me £17 as I had some credit on my credit card but even then at this early stage I am doubting its worth that much due to low quality graphics & optimisation issues I am not sure can be fixed easily as it uses Remedy brand new Northlight game engine.

I will play a big more this evening & report back but its looking like a bit of a chore right now the FPS really hurt the gameplay.

Graphics are terrible. Like a DX9 game smeared with vasoline

Soldato
Graphics are terrible. Like a DX9 game smeared with vasoline
Yep agree it looks pretty poor without the time power FX this game would have been cancelled. Just shows the gap between a fantastic looking PC game like Rise Of The Tomb Raider & XB1 is massive.

MS should be targeting PC for their future not the XB1 with its ancient hardware :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Gamers posted some PC shots here it does look exactly like that ingame looks like something went wrong in the porting process the game is supposed to upscale the image not downgrade it! XB1 upscales & combines various frame buffers on PC looks like they did not bother changing the resolution yet.

I fear for Remedy's future now this game has interesting story/gameplay but launching a modern game with low quality graphics usually means financial issues. As MS funded the game they are probably financially safe for now but reputation wise they have just lost a lot of that sadly :( being tied to MS going forward is a problem for Remedy that means no Steam releases XB1 + Win 10 only or take their chances & self publish which is very risky.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200205782&postcount=291
http://i.imgur.com/qZVFUqI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cBdEyHl.jpg
http://s156232.gridserver.com/u/Screenshot_1.png
http://s156232.gridserver.com/u/Screenshot_3.png
http://s156232.gridserver.com/u/Screenshot_5.png
http://s156232.gridserver.com/u/Screenshot_6.png
http://s156232.gridserver.com/u/Screenshot_7.png

Back
Top Bottom