Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
On the point of "the eu protects workers rights" that gets raised a lot.

Whats the EU doing to protect french workers against the changes the government is trying to impliment now?

What would you expect them to do? Frances current work week is well below EU safeguards and they want to revise it to something still well below EU safeguards.

Changing a standard 30 hour week to 35 hour isn't going to cause problems vs the EU 48 hour maximum limits.

Soldato
On the point of "the eu protects workers rights" that gets raised a lot.

Whats the EU doing to protect french workers against the changes the government is trying to impliment now?

You mean upping their working hours from the lowest in Europe? Yea, that needs defending against :D

Of course the EU only sets the min and max framework that we all have leeway to work within. They don't rule on specific actions within individual countries, as long as the changes aren't breaking fundemental rights.

The French issue is purely an internal dispute.

Qel

Qel

Associate
Wow 53% don't know according to the yougov poll, with only 7% saying they won't vote... The final result will be interesting

I think that's actually the 8% who don't know then being asked which way are they realistically likely to vote, will they vote at all etc and 53% of them still don't know.

Permabanned
I was speaking to an out out voter the other day and he said ' if remain win the vote has definitely been rigged'

I replied ' and if leave win would it have been rigged too?'

'no'

Cant say I was surprised with this kind of response

Soldato
generally, people don't like change. That I think will swing it to the remain side.

whatever happens, half the country won't be happy

Aye, but I feel the Remain camp will be far more magnanimous in defeat than the Leave camp, who have been priming 'it's a fix' for months now

Edit : lol at dalehitchy post above....exactly that

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29668738 said:
There is no need for it to be legally binding - it's not necessary. If the result is leave we leave. The fact it isn't against the law to ignore the result doesn't mean that's what will happen. The paranoia here is just ridiculous.

No but it does mean it has to pass an act of Parliament, and who says the vote will go to exit, if exit wins? After all, the Labour line is they want to be in as do the SNP and Lib Dems and the Tories are split.

Soldato
To see what happens there would certainly be interesting. Wonder if they would block it despite the majority wanting it(if it happened).

Aye, but I feel the Remain camp will be far more magnanimous in defeat than the Leave camp, who have been priming 'it's a fix' for months now

Edit : lol at dalehitchy post above....exactly that

Maybe it's just me but I don't really believe that. I expect idiots to be protesting/threatening/whinging whatever the result. I don't really think either side will take defeat well.

Last edited:
Associate
All out ** Fully Star out all swearing **them scaremongering biches
We can do it ourselves uk.
only bad thhing would ne scottich bicting all the time

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe it's just me but I don't really believe that. I expect idiots to be protesting/threatening/whinging whatever the result. I don't really think either side will take defeat well.

I'm not sure how one side does take a defeat of this nature well. It's going to be a small majority ruining things for the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom