Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
What about the 3 billion that needs to be paid to farmers to compete with rest of europe or farming will die in the UK

I have presented this question to at least a dozen Leavers tonight. None of them could answer it. They all cling to this vague hope that 'everything will be OK now.' Not a single one of them even shows any hint of appreciating the scale of the problem.

Soldato
Regardless of how it pans out over the next 2 years or decade I don't think anyone will realise the magnitude of the events today until many years in the future.

yes, and those that got us here will already be 6ft under while the next generation has to foot the bill and pay the price, likely through a massive diminishing in their living standards. Democracy is great.

Associate
I have presented this question to at least a dozen Leavers tonight. None of them could answer it. They all cling to this vague hope that 'everything will be OK now.' Not a single one of them even shows any hint of appreciating the scale of the problem.

so what is your solution ?

Associate
I haven't had a pay rise in 5 years, I haven't had an overtime payment in 2 years, at the moment I average 50+ hours a week. Go do one...........:rolleyes:

NHS staff should work for as much as they are given not a penny more, from a fixed budget. That's how public sector works. Those who don't agree, should work elsewhere.

Soldato
that won't be long enough

2 years say from october for article 50 will eat half of that then you'll have 2 years where no one has a clue what will happen. But if the BofE are still in control of interest rates in the UK they will do what ever it takes to steady the boat and that could end up in pain for a lot of mortgagees for a lengthy period of time.

Where did you get that from. Article 50 will start this year and it will take a max of 2 years to finish.

Head of the EU wants it done before that.

"EU referendum: UK 'must not delay leaving"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36618317

EDIT=must have read the post wrong.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Ooooh... there's a bruise that's gonna linger, no question! :eek:

Poor old Farage never dreamed he'd be called to deliver on a wildly populist promise. Reality just hit him in the face like a brick!
You've gotta be a grade A idiot if you thought recouping £350m in eu payments directly translated to £350m getting put into the NHS.

Total and utter grade A moron that really has no use in this world.

Soldato
How can you not, everyone is losing their **** on both sides, it's hilarious. :D

Despite some of it being quite entertaining, I wouldn't want to antagonise people, particularly those that I know. During the biggest decision the country has made in recent history, the **** flinging and juvenile name calling needs to calm down over this referendum now. We need to show some Solidarity more than ever.

Caporegime
Severely disappointed and slightly embarrassed for the country.

Same. As a Briton, I genuinely believed our country was more mature than this.

so what is your solution ?

Stay in the EU. Ideally we should also encourage the farmers to improve efficiency so they're not reliant on subsidies in the first place.

In Australia farmers aren't subsidised at all, and they still complete powerfully in the global market: so much so that the USA heavily subsidises its meat industry to protect it from Australian imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom