Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Is there any racism in the remain side though? I've not seen any.

Lnvm4d.png

Soldato
Regulators and a senior conservative politician in Germany on Friday contested plans for a merged Deutsche Boerse-London Stock Exchange to be based in London, raising doubts about whether the deal can be completed following Britain's vote to leave the EU.

Deutsche Boerse (DB1Gn.DE) and LSE (LSE.L) agreed in March to combine in a $30 billion deal to create a European trading powerhouse that would be domiciled in Britain with headquarters in both London and Frankfurt.

Two German regulatory sources told Reuters on Friday there was increasing scepticism about a London base for the holding company of the combined group.

"There is rising irritation and increasing concern that London as a base poses a problem," one of the sources said.

They released a statement earlier today confirming the deal is still going ahead, and that it was never conditional on the result of the referendum. This is just a single German politician getting confused, and regulators asking to do a double check.

Soldato
You keep clinging to that hope, and watch as the supermarket prices of foods goes up and up and up over the next five years, with continuing moaning about lack of support from the farmers.

Why are they going to go up?

Who is going to slap hefty export duty on their goods to make them economically nonviable to sell to one of the worlds largest economies?

Who would be stupid enough to do that?

Mobster
Soldato
I'll give you one, migrants coming to do low paid work are net contributors.
On which planet is someone getting more back in housing benefit tax credits and child support than they pay in tax and NI a net contributor ? and that's before you've even started in on the services impact.

So there's a lie.

I'd like to see your evidence that they made that claim please?

The only claim that rings a bell is that EU migrants make a net contribution to the economy, is that what you mean? Not just those specifically that do low paid work.

If it's the latter: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/05/eu-migrants-uk-gains-20bn-ucl-study - study by UCL.

Associate
You would think there isn't a single ounce of intelligence, experience or wisdom in the 52% from these sorts of reactions.

Time will tell but I will say this: only a fool would vote to leave an economic and political union, in a globalised world, with no succession plan and with buffoons like Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage spearheading the movement.

But look at the voting map and in particular where the Votes for 70%+ leave came from, it isn't hard to see how we ended up here. Those towns, full to the brim of disenfranchised, uneducated, unemployed were nothing before we voted leave and they will be nothing long after the productive in society clean up and move on.

Soldato
They released a statement earlier today confirming the deal is still going ahead, and that it was never conditional on the result of the referendum. This is just a single German politician getting confused, and regulators asking to do a double check.

So day one of the exit, and a $30 billion deal between two of the planets biggest economies remains unaffected.

People who know far more than anybody on here have decided that the county is going to have a robust enough economy to invest $30 billion in.

Caporegime
It Is though. As a politician would you take a hit to protect the structure or would you say sod it and risk the economic fallout of a disintegrated structure. Economically, a small hit is better than a larger one. The EU countries took a hit with sanctions against Russia(France-ships, Germany - numerous, Poland and other east Europeans milk, cheese fruit and other agriculture). So what would be the difference? It also comes down to whether these countries would allow a referendum. It is not part of some countries makeup unlike the Swiss or the UK.

The disintegration risk is raised by ****ing off the populace not the eu politicians.

Caporegime
Why are they going to go up?

Who is going to slap hefty export duty on their goods to make them economically nonviable to sell to one of the worlds largest economies?

Who would be stupid enough to do that?

It really isn't a stretch of the imagination to see that as we lose the farmers subsidies, their prices will need to go up.

Soldato
LEAVE HAVE LIED REMAIN HAVE NOT

REALLY? REALLLY?

Both sides have exacerbated the truth, Remain just as much as Leave

- Turkey ?
- Exit would nullify trade?
- House prices will definitely go down? Mortgage interest will go up
- We will all die a horrible scary death
- We can still control borders if we stay in?

Everything that is said is subjective, it's the nature of campaigning

The country has spoken, now is the time for you to comply :) (unless you prefer dictatorship, in that case go find one so you can be told by someone more clever what you should be doing)

Soldato
Ah, so none then. I thought so.

I've seen absolutely no lies from the remain side. I've tried to find them but I can't.

If somebody would like to show me, I'd love to be proved wrong.

Just google "Remain Campaign Lies".. that's what I imagine a young educated non-racists amazing human being with pride in the EU would do and bathe in their superiority as they get zero hits..

Oh wait.. there are quite a few hits.. errr, well of course, that's just propaganda from whatever source is saying that, they are clearly racist and so must be discounted..

Am I doin it rite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom