Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You linked me to a 'plan' written by a blogger, I came back and asked you what role he had within government but I don't recall seeing a response.

Isn't that roughly equivalent to well developed fan art?

Confidence isn't really confidence when it is founded on nothing.

I think you have the wrong person.

Originally Posted by deuse View Post
I'm a Alpha male
There is a plan but you haven't gone and read it. The leave group did a webpage on it

Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
How can you be so confident of that when the only thing that we know is that there is no plan?

Soldato
Planning? They had no plan, that's been obvious ever since the referendum closed. They're running around like chickens with their heads cut off, desperately trying to figure out how they'll appease the rampaging hordes after admitting that they can't keep the promises they made.
Did you not read that webpage!?

They've clearly got it all figured out!

Soldato
My brother works for the NHS and also one of my friends - some of the stories (I've mentioned 1-2 before here) when it comes to inefficiency and waste, etc. are crazy.

NHS at its core (though some services, etc. should/could be) should never be privatised IMO but it definitely needs better management and safeguards.

Yes we all know the privatised Rail service is a beacon of service that has saved us a ton of money. :D:D

Man of Honour
Given how salty remainers are all apparently experts in financial markets all of a sudden and can predict with great deals of confidence things will be terrible so long as we stay out of the EU, I'm surprised they're not all Billionaires given their Warren Buffetesque abilities to read the future.

Maybe they are billionaires but give a **** about the futures of other people? :p

Soldato
I voted in and I think we're in for a really tough time for the foreseeable future.

I have a problem with the leavers complaining that the remainers are voicing their worry for our future only for the fact that all the brexiters (in this thread included) are just saying "we'll be fine, don't worry" without giving anything at all to back it up.

I do agree, however, that we buckle down and figure this out together. We have to accept that we are leaving and look to the future (no matter how bad it looks).

Associate
Those hoping or holding out for a 2nd Referendum can stop waiting: -

David Cameron's official spokeswoman said earlier that last Thursday's vote was "decisive" and the government's focus was now on delivering on it.

A petition on the parliamentary website calling for a second referendum has attracted more than 3.7 million signatures.

But asked whether the issue of a re-run referendum was discussed at cabinet, David Cameron's spokeswoman said: "That is not remotely on the cards."

Soldato
Just a question to remainers mostly because I'm interested in their motivations.

Did you vote remain because you are happy with the way things are right now, or are you happy with the future course of more EU policy, integration leading to the EU superstate?

What is your ideal vision of Europe?

Man of Honour
FTSE 250 down 13% since Thursday. Nothing to worry about, right? Project fear or perhaps project reality?

One of the most dangerous things here is that people put their heads in the sand repeat the line of everything is fine and have it come crashing down when it could have been avoided because they refuse to read the signs.

Soldato
Do none of the remain voters think its feasible that a Brexit (a long with more possible leave referendums across EU) will force a reform of the EU.

Only the far right want referendums. The rest will pull together to save the structure because as is being shown the opposite will be the biggest collapse in history making 1929 or 2008 look like an off day.

It wasn't exactly working or heading in a great direction was it now?

It has been going on for forty years and more want to join so it does not seem like it is not working.

I'm young and voted leave. Partly because I truly believe it's a means to an end. If reform starts we will have a seat at that table, despite the referendum result.

You will have left, you will not have a seat at any table.

Why is the only path one where the world ends with a lot of the remainers?

A lot of people realise it is the least worse option.

Caporegime
Did you vote remain because you are happy with the way things are right now, or are you happy with the future course of more EU policy, integration leading to the EU superstate?

I voted Remain because it was clearly the best thing for our country and the world, and because of key EU policies like freedom of movement which are such an enormous boon to the British people. I don't believe the EU is, or was, remotely on course for becoming a federal superstate, which is a shame because:

What is your ideal vision of Europe?

I'd like a properly federalised United States of Europe, with an elected president, a single foreign policy, fiscal transfer between states, and national governments holding powers similar the devolved administrations of the UK, and more accountable and powerful sub-state bodies in the UK more similar to the kind of federalised structure Germany has.

Associate
I think Trump is running his campaign in the wrong country. He would have a more receptive audience in England. Heck he may even be anointed as the PM without even running a campaign...lol Y'all can have him, we have much smarter republicans and conservatives stateside compared to the buffoons across the pond, so he will fit right in... Lol He can't ruin England more than what the brits are willing to do themselves, or may be he will guide it to the dark ages- well, better there than here, as England is already on the way... Lol
All kidding aside, it saddens me to see the UK just committing economic suicide with such willingness. I travel quite a bit throughout Europe, and I have always been fond of Britain, as I am often there every year.
Yes, there is a school of thought that believes EU may not survive (and I have believed the same, since the 2008 financial crisis. I will not bore you with the economic and geopolitical rationale, especially since it's all bad news ), regardless of England's grievers/leavers did, but a lack of UK's exit plan is quite frankly shocking. This is something one might have expected from newly democratized East European EU member, but not from the second largest national economy in Europe. It's like the country has been run by a bunch of elementary school brats who are about to be replaced by some medieval era goons. Well, all I can say is I hope that the English can find a leader who can navigate them through years of tough economic times, rather than making it even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom