• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi Gibbo.
What is the best swap you can do for the KFA2 1080 Blower edition. £524
Only need a reference PCB as I will be water cooling it.
Cheers.

Those cards cost us a good £50 less than the next cheapest. :(

So the best I could offer would be on something like a Palit Jetstream (very good card) for like £569.99 Inc. VAT which is £50 of regular price.

I do rate the Jetstream/Gamerock and Gainward Phoenix very highly as their coolers are the best apart from Zotac AMP Extreme but the Extremes cost a small fortune.

If you are happy to take this upgrade, contact sales with my reply here buddy and they shall switch your order and charge the additional amount.

Sorry we have nothing at same price but KFA2 did us an awesome price, they actually made a pricing error and have decided to honour the price until our very large PO is fulfilled which well at this rate will take them a long time, especially now there is a huge memory shortage.

Associate
OK great news, got the shipping documents:

1060 X3: 30pc
1060 Compact: 40pc

1070 X2: 60pc

1080 X3: 35pc (covers all backorders)
1080 X4: 10pc (covers all backorders)

This leaves Inno3D warehouse this weekend and should be with our forwarders next Monday, plane is Scheduled for next Wednesday so were looking at next Friday for delivery to arrive, could be a day sooner or a day later as no fixed ETA is possible due to customs.

That is.. Hopefully, good news. Thanks for your efforts. When you say that covers back orders, does that mean that everybody already in the queue up to the amount being received will get their card without being queue jumped?.. Otherwise back orders would not be covered

Associate

So the best I could offer would be on something like a Palit Jetstream (very good card) for like £569.99 Inc. VAT which is £50 of regular price.

I do rate the Jetstream/Gamerock and Gainward Phoenix very highly as their coolers are the best apart from Zotac AMP Extreme but the Extremes cost a small fortune.

If you are happy to take this upgrade, contact sales with my reply here buddy and they shall switch your order and charge the additional amount.

Sorry we have nothing at same price but KFA2 did us an awesome price, they actually made a pricing error and have decided to honour the price until our very large PO is fulfilled which well at this rate will take them a long time, especially now there is a huge memory shortage.

Hey Gibbo, very interested in this potential swap, however I'm in the same boat as someone who posted earlier in that I need a reference PCB. Can anyone confirm whether the Palit JetStream or Gamerock are reference PCBs? Going by the EK waterblock configurator tool they don't say they're compatible with their reference waterblock so I suspect they aren't entirely reference...

Would love to swap but my waterblocks were just delivered by you guys today so I really need to be sure I geta reference 1080. Would a swap to a founders be possible if we cannot confirm whether the Palit are indeed reference?

Associate

Thanks for the offer, but as I said I will be water cooling the card and have an EK GTX 1080 reference waterblock, which according to EK configurator does not fit any of these cards you offered.
Cheers.

OcUK Staff
OP
That is.. Hopefully, good news. Thanks for your efforts. When you say that covers back orders, does that mean that everybody already in the queue up to the amount being received will get their card without being queue jumped?.. Otherwise back orders would not be covered

More stock incoming than there is back orders, though I cannot see Amazon orders, but there should be enough to cover everything.

Soldato
Thanks for the offer, but as I said I will be water cooling the card and have an EK GTX 1080 reference waterblock, which according to EK configurator does not fit any of these cards you offered.
Cheers.

The pcb on the kfa2 is slightly different to FE. I would expect cheaper parts. I would go with FE if you plan to watercool. They still seem to be overclocking better than anything else at the minute.

Another thing is warranty. kfa2 don't allow waterblocks. £524 and if it dies you will have an expensive paper weight.

I'd honestly go with FE or something like EVGA SC. EVGA has waterblock warranty.

Associate
some people are starting to report micron memory chips now in new cards (note coincidence with gibbo's news). They dont overclock well, people struggling to get above stock speeds (1070s).

Well, while I'm happy I'll apparently finally get my Inno3d card in a week or so...I hope this isn't the reason why. It'd be a bit of a dick move if we've all sat about waiting for our cards and these companies end up shipping an inferior product because they, Nvidia, or someone down the chain screwed up their production estimates.

Associate
1080 X3: 35pc (covers all backorders)

This leaves Inno3D warehouse this weekend and should be with our forwarders next Monday, plane is Scheduled for next Wednesday so were looking at next Friday for delivery to arrive, could be a day sooner or a day later as no fixed ETA is possible due to customs.

If it arrives on a Friday, would I be able to upgrade to next day delivery?

Associate
Cheers.

Pretty sure the MSI armor + Aero and the Inno Hurculez both use the reference board, as does the EVGA SC. Don't think the armor is listed in the EK compatibility list though - I found a teardown of it somewhere that showed it was the same board.

I see you have gone for the cheapest possible option, but that seems an unreasonable restriction when fitting a £100 waterblock to it.

My advice is to get a founders edition card (perhaps Gibbo can offer you an FE to swap to, they seem to have had good stock of those).

This advise extends to anyone else looking for a 1080 going into a custom loop - barring a little movement from the silicone lottery, your overclocking potential on water is entirely limited by the GPU power limit: from what I have seen you cannot push more than 1.09V through it without a) a modded bios and/or b) attacking the board with a soldiering iron!

Let me know if anyone does see their 1080 scaling to higher voltages BTWs.

Perhaps the classified will come along with a workaround for this issue, but looking at the specs I don't think so. It looks increasingly like the high end cards are demanding a premium for extra power management that just cannot be used and gives no real world improvement through higher clocks.

Also, to anyone who has/has ordered the Sea Hawk EK: If you have one, how does it perform since I cannot find any reviews etc still. If you have one on order, can I ask why? You could have had an FE with a block on it ages ago, or get one an fit it tomorrow - it will likely get the same clocks, same temps and same performance but cost you almost £200 less (say £150 with a nickle plated + backplate version). I would doubt anyone willing to put together a custom loop would be squeamish about fitting the block.

Caporegime
Hey Gibbo, very interested in this potential swap, however I'm in the same boat as someone who posted earlier in that I need a reference PCB. Can anyone confirm whether the Palit JetStream or Gamerock are reference PCBs? Going by the EK waterblock configurator tool they don't say they're compatible with their reference waterblock so I suspect they aren't entirely reference...

Would love to swap but my waterblocks were just delivered by you guys today so I really need to be sure I geta reference 1080. Would a swap to a founders be possible if we cannot confirm whether the Palit are indeed reference?

This are all reference as they fit the reference Ek waterblock.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109831274

Note that next week EK will have a waterblock for the Pailit jetstream and gamerock boards.

Caporegime
This advise extends to anyone else looking for a 1080 going into a custom loop - barring a little movement from the silicone lottery, your overclocking potential on water is entirely limited by the GPU power limit: from what I have seen you cannot push more than 1.09V through it without a) a modded bios and/or b) attacking the board with a soldiering iron!

Let me know if anyone does see their 1080 scaling to higher voltages BTWs.

Perhaps the classified will come along with a workaround for this issue, but looking at the specs I don't think so. It looks increasingly like the high end cards are demanding a premium for extra power management that just cannot be used and gives no real world improvement through higher clocks.

Agreed. Unless you are prepared to flash with a higher voltage bios then you are stuck at 1.09V and its a silicon lottery.

However already you can flash your cards with the Asus Strix OC bios which gives you 1.24v but not ideal as unless you have the same video outpouts one or more of your outputs wont work. Perhaps the classified will be a 1.24v bios as well?

I am sure they will be unlocked bios available for other cards soon. Advantage that most custom boards have dual bios as well. :)

Associate
Giibo - £525 KFA2 blower to FE card for £570 instead of the Palits? If I can get delivery for tomorrow in that I'll ring up & swap right now!

To address naked_mikes point, I chose the cheapest possible 1080 because I have a limited budget. This way for £630ish I get watercooled quietness & low temps/decent overclock potential for less than the price of some of the 3rd party cards. As for warranty GPUs are pretty resilient, I've never needed to use the warranty for a GPU personally so I'm taking a risk, just a small risk in my mind which I'm happy with. Obviously test with the stock cooler before ripping it off for the waterblock to find a dud card :p

Associate
Just got back from holiday and many custom 1080's still not in stock.

Anyone still waiting since May 27th?

Yeah... Swapped from Strix to FTW but due to a bug in the queue system I didn't get mine from the last stock. (I believe the same happened to someone else here) Maybe they will not miss me on the next one. 63 days and counting... :(

Back
Top Bottom