• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
They come back to me, same issue, lack of GDDR5X so they cannot build anything, they have informed me they shall take some of China's allocation and try to ship me 10-20pc HOF and some blowers to help reduce some of our backorders. But it seems the message coming from vendors is similar, lack of memory modules is delaying things.

If they get some of Chinas allocation I could still be waiting another month for that right? and if they don't I guess I could be waiting 2months + for them to get GDDR5x and build them??

Again I know its not OCuK's fault but this is like beyond stressful and heartbreaking, especially the amount of money people pay for these things ahead of time and the amount of time we been waiting already. :(

Associate
Gibbo...

I would swap KFA2 GTX 1080 "Reference Blower"(£600) for GTX 1080 HerculeZ Twin X2 .(£620)
I want to pay £20 extra.

it is possible??

OC3106769
(pre order 08.06)

Soldato
I've read it. Nowhere does it say classified aren't in the step up program

No announcement yet but you will be able to go from a 1080 classy to a 1080ti reference board. Assuming a November 7th launch you will be within 90 days easy lol. If it's not November then Feb 20th is where my money would be.

You won't be able to go from a 1080 classy to a 1080ti classy.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know if DPD do a second round of deliveries on a Sat? My package wasn't scanned into the local depot until 7:27 this morning so it looks like it didn't get loaded onto a van before they left.

Tracking still says it's 'estimated' for today but I'm not feeling too confident.

Associate
Spoke to DPD customer services who said it'd gone onto the van without being scanned but should still be delivered. While on the phone I got an email saying it would be delivered by 5. Literally two mins after hanging up it arrived. Weird.

Now to (as patiently as possible) unplumb the 780s...

Caporegime
No announcement yet but you will be able to go from a 1080 classy to a 1080ti reference board. Assuming a November 7th launch you will be within 90 days easy lol. If it's not November then Feb 20th is where my money would be.

Why? Nowhere does it say that. It says it has to be an improvement. The 1080ti will have more cores

Soldato
Why? Nowhere does it say that. It says it has to be an improvement. The 1080ti will have more cores

1080 classy>1080ti reference step-up will be fine. 1080>1080ti classy no go. this is not a new thing, its been like that for years.

http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

"EVGA will only release reference versions of its products, NVIDIA reference spec and clock, to the Step-Up program."

"Products known to have a limited availability will not be made available to the Step-Up program. (Limited availability determined by EVGA.)".

Caporegime
For anyone looking at an Asus strix, noticed on the hardocp review commentsa few people were getting high temps. Seems that some of the screws around the GPU might be a bit slack with regard to tightness. Only problem is one of them has a warranty sticker on it so tightening them could possibly void warranty.

From the discussion on that forum:

It looks like I may have a bad card too: idles at 46C, runs 83C when gaming with fans going full-tilt.
This is in a Cooler Master Haf XB Evo case (very open, heat rises right out the mesh top) with a 140mm fan (controlled by the GPU) blowing cold outside air right on to the GPU.

I'm debating whether to RMA it to Newegg.

Same guy

Actually I fixed it. I didn't use the flash yet because it was my last resort to do so. What I did was simply tightened the screws. Not a lot but just a touch. Temps are around 70c now at full load. I also added intake fans and used the headers on the video card. I was doing a combination of both so it could be either. I'm using a caselabs TH10 case and fans are blowing to the side of it and from the bottom. There are 4 fans venting from the top.

Last edited:
Associate

Ahm... 90 days from the purchase date... If I paid 60 days ago what is the purchase date? ;) I have to dig up my invoice now.. ;)

Associate
What type of res you running at?

Only 1920X1080 as monitor max, if I use V sync in Witcher, GTA5 etc, the card does not generally run the fans at all and temps barely get over 50 degrees and that is with all goodies on. It only hits 2050 with V sync off which at current res and refresh rate of monitor is pointless.

The Card was bought with new system for VR and it does make a big difference in that. I was running a below spec GTX770 before with an I5 2500K and it ran VR games fine on low settings, the Strix or my brothers Super Jetstream make the visuals massively better.

Associate
Ahm... 90 days from the purchase date... If I paid 60 days ago what is the purchase date? ;) I have to dig up my invoice now.. ;)

I believe it was mentioned earlier in the thread about that, as far as i'm aware the invoice will show dispatch date which is the date its applicable from I'm assuming? (The date its left the retailers possession and enters yours)

Edit: Yeah - basically the invoice your given is at dispatch but Ben also put this earlier in this thread:

Hi

I will check this for you all, when you register your product with EVGA then you can upload your invoice. When you do come to register your card, if there is a difference between the date you receive your card and your pre-order date then please drop a mail to [email protected] and we will then amend this as we understand this current situation.

Ben

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone looking at an Asus strix, noticed on the hardocp review commentsa few people were getting high temps. Seems that some of the screws around the GPU might be a bit slack with regard to tightness. Only problem is one of them has a warranty sticker on it so tightening them could possibly void warranty.

From the discussion on that forum:

Same guy

probably because he had 1 intake fan before then added more.

Associate
Bloody typical the gigabyte xtreme comes into stock after i order a strix. :mad:

Damn!

Gibbo - any chance of some form of discount switching from a Strix OC Pre-Order (31 May) to the Gigabyte Xtreme Pack (GX-187-GI)? Understand if no, but £749.99 is pretty punchy!

Back
Top Bottom