1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, May 27, 2016.

1. Spook187

Sgarrista

Waiting on the Classified has turned me to the drink.

2. naked_mike

Associate

I have seem some dodgy looking bios's out there, but I didn't think the Strix OC had overrided the 1.09V limit in their vBios. Any owners out there can confirm this? Cannot find much anywhere about this, just that the Strix OC's were scaled back due to a large number of RMAs from the early batches. I assume it was the cooler limiting the ability to maintain the factory overclock rather than anything to do with the power limit.

I did have the same opinion as you, I had thought that it would likely be the classified that would solve that issue. In the end I went for the FE just because I could have it straight away. We might get something that overcomes the power issues later, then having an extra power connector and more power phases might give a bit more performance - but by that time we might have a Ti version anyway, running HBM2 memory.

3. Bloodotaku

Associate

Damn was hoping for some news today especially after Ben said that some 1080 Sc's would be arriving here on Friday. Like many others I am now restless due to the wait.

4. Simon Belmont

Mobster

Oh no mate. Hope they can sort you out asap:(

5. naked_mike

Associate

These look like the lowest priced items in stock that would work:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...-graphics-card-n1080-1sdn-p6dn-gx-063-in.html

The FE cards are £20 more than that. You would need to double check compatibility with your block, but I'm fairly sure it uses the reference board (as varified by EK)

6. Spook187

Sgarrista

It wasn't even planned like he said it was, no shipping nothing, a pure blag if I seen one.

7. PoolG

Associate

Got my Gaming X early this week from OcUK after ordering and cancelling several other cards in the last two months. Glad to be done with this launch!

8. Greebo

Caporegime

9. chrcoluk

Mobster

I probably should have posted in the 1070 thread, I realised my mistake after posting so I edited in the (1070s) at end.

Yeah micron make the 1080 memory.

So far on 1070s its only been samsung but now micron started appearing on 1070s. Sorry for the confusion.

10. gabsmabs

Associate

Thanks again Gibbo

11. Genstargazer

Associate

You and me both!

I decided to look at it from the perspective of - at the 60+ days since paying and waiting, it now draws the potential for a Ti closer and to be in step up range !

Knowing I'm 9th in the queue has been haunting me too xD

Seeing pictures of them on Reddit in the states on retail store floors frustrated me even more >.<

12. Rice1985

Gangster

I couldn't wait any longer on the strix oc so ended up purchasing else where... :( On the upside i got confirmation my FTW will be with me next week :D

13. Spook187

Sgarrista

EVGA CLASSIFIED Dosnt t work with their step up programme so I read wtf.

14. Genstargazer

Associate

That's it, I've lost the will to go on lol

15. Greebo

Caporegime

WHY? When its their top and most expensive air card??????????????

Where did you read that? I cant find it?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  16. Spook187

Sgarrista

Sure it was on EVGA community boards.

17. Griffildur

Wise Guy

best place to check stuff like that :

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

18. fireman999

Gangster

Finally had enough of this debacle.
    Cancelled my order and bought a Zotac GTX 1080 Founders Edition from another etailer through Flubit for £577.50 and it arrives on Monday.
    Its a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it feels worth it to put this sorry episode behind me.
    Good luck to everyone else still stuck in Overclockers version of Groundhog Day.

19. Greebo

Caporegime

20. gabsmabs

Associate

One of the reasons i picked this card was the 10400 memory so if it isn't up to that then it's not the product i ordered