• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Soldato
So you didnt feel SLI 1080s would beat out the Titan then? At the prices right now I could do the same as you with my pair of 1080 FTWs and more than pay for the Titan... Its tempting but i'm not sure its worth it.

Presume you just wanted the Titan because its totally bad ass top of range?

1080 SLI beats a single TXP but obviously for unsupported games it will be a good 30% behind.

Will be buying TXP myself in a few weeks. Once blocks are released and in my hands anyway :)

Soldato
It eats my old 1080 @ 2088 for breakfast. Runs 1850 out the box and I've got it up to 2076 stable on benching. Runs @ 77c max on loop between 2000-2050 mostly full load after 30mins. Don't think it'll do much more on air needs to be under water but I'm betting it'll see 2.2 when it is.

Soldato
It eats my old 1080 @ 2088 for breakfast. Runs 1850 out the box and I've got it up to 2076 stable on benching. Runs @ 77c max on loop between 2000-2050 mostly full load after 30mins. Don't think it'll do much more on air needs to be under water but I'm betting it'll see 2.2 when it is.

Wow nice! Sure looks like a monster of a card here. Can't wait to get them in my rig now. Under water lets see what these can do. Should absolutely fly!

Just to ask, can you confirm there are no warranty stickers on the screws?

Got any gaming comparisons etc? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
1080 SLI beats a single TXP but obviously for unsupported games it will be a good 30% behind.

Will be buying TXP myself in a few weeks. Once blocks are released and in my hands anyway :)

So you're offloading both 1080s for the single card then, it is tempting I will admit... But i'm still on the fence ;)

Soldato
So you're offloading both 1080s for the single card then, it is tempting I will admit... But i'm still on the fence ;)

Single card!?
giphy.gif

SLI baby :p:D

Soldato
Are there any gaming benchmarks with this card yet?

Comparisons etc. Just saw some fire strike results get posted and I am impressed

edit: found some :) Very nice

Associate
Are there any gaming benchmarks with this card yet?

Comparisons etc. Just saw some fire strike results get posted and I am impressed

edit: found some :) Very nice

Tried the division on the main monitor X34 3440x1440

my 1080 with 5960x (main rig) gets around 59fps avg on ultra settings

my Titan XP with 5820K (HTPC) Got around 75fps avg on ultra when hooked upto the same monitor

Soldato
Right done some testing, temps aren't really a problem with this card as such, yeah water will help no end but the clocks are getting cut down due to power.

A modded bios is what it needs, my card tops out at 2078/5600 with 120% power no added volts hitting 77C. It clocks on air near identical to my 1080 running 2ghz+ 95% of the time.

Really looking forward to putting it under water adding a proper bios and some volts to see what it can do.

Caporegime
So you didnt feel SLI 1080s would beat out the Titan then? At the prices right now I could do the same as you with my pair of 1080 FTWs and more than pay for the Titan... Its tempting but i'm not sure its worth it.

Presume you just wanted the Titan because its totally bad ass top of range?

I didn't really want two 1080s but ended up with them cause of preorders.

No experience of sli and I know people mention micro stutter plus if a game doesn't support it then performance will be way short of a Titan.

As far as ownership goes, I reckon both will lose the same amount of money. Titans will be worth half in a year but then so will 1080s

Plus less to cool and only one water block to buy so the Titan is going to be cheaper.

I've always believed that one card is better than two

Soldato
Right done some testing, temps aren't really a problem with this card as such, yeah water will help no end but the clocks are getting cut down due to power.

A modded bios is what it needs, my card tops out at 2078/5600 with 120% power no added volts hitting 77C. It clocks on air near identical to my 1080 running 2ghz+ 95% of the time.

Really looking forward to putting it under water adding a proper bios and some volts to see what it can do.

TDP shouldnt matter? Even though my 1080's power limit is 120% in afterburner they can push all the way to 135% without dropping clocks.

Rest sounds good :)

And yeah there will be some modded bios for sure before long.

Soldato
TDP shouldnt matter? Even though my 1080's power limit is 120% in afterburner they can push all the way to 135% without dropping clocks.

Rest sounds good :)

And yeah there will be some modded bios for sure before long.

Sorry not TDP I meant volts.

220core and 600 memory for the above clocks, the memory wasn't even throttling the scores at that either.

Back
Top Bottom