• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
I don't get too involved in many threads on here hence my 'low' post count as i find that some people have a superiority complex and/or can be rude. This thread is not exempt. i'm branded 'silly' for asking a community of enthusiasts if they have any evidence or knowledge above my own of a potential card release on a site which i'll buy the card from, if released.

I searched for "1080 ti" and was only able to find this thread with 1080 ti in the topic. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18743283&highlight=1080+ti - perhaps i'm not using the search feature effectively enough?

It's within your gift to ignore these types of threads if people are frustrated by them.

Besty,

re :Nov/Feb - i wasn't aware, thank you.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 1080 is not even properly released, They just released a titan and yet as Greebo said these utterly silly threads keep coming. The release cycle is 12 months for each tick/tock roughly.

Why expect it to shrink? It will get longer just like the performance increases shrunk after each tick/tock the timespan now will be longer. There is no AMD either so...

980 was September 2014
Titan X (Maxwell) was March 2015
980Ti was June 2015

So 12 months would be
1080 would be September 2015
Titan X (Pascal) would be March 2016
1080Ti would be June 2016

So based on your 12 month release cycle shouldn't the 1080Ti already be out?
About 6 months between 980 and Titan X and yet we already have 1080 and Titan X (Pascal) within 3 months of each other, so it doesn't seem like they're following the same release pattern.

I suspect AMD's lack of competition is probably the main reason Nvidia aren't in a rush. Wait until there's some hype around AMD's high end parts and then jump in with the 1080Ti.

Associate
I seriously considered buying the 1080 as i sold my 980 ti however it's not a true 4k/60 card. I own the Acer XB280HK 4k/gsync.

I considered buying a Titan XP until i found out it won't have any custom coolers.

I've been waiting with bated breath like many others since i sold my 980 ti, however the internet rumor mill has spat out that the 'Ti' might not be released at all, hence the reason for asking if anyone has seen any confirmed leaks that it's due in the next few months. If it's not released in the short term, i may bite the bullet and go 1070 as it's resale value will hold well until the 'Ti' comes out and run most games 40-50fps without AA. I fear the 1080's resale value will hurt more if i bought that one.

Permabanned
980 was September 2014
Titan X (Maxwell) was March 2015
980Ti was June 2015

So 12 months would be
1080 would be September 2015
Titan X (Pascal) would be March 2016
1080Ti would be June 2016

So based on your 12 month release cycle shouldn't the 1080Ti already be out?
About 6 months between 980 and Titan X and yet we already have 1080 and Titan X (Pascal) within 3 months of each other, so it doesn't seem like they're following the same release pattern.

I suspect AMD's lack of competition is probably the main reason Nvidia aren't in a rush. Wait until there's some hype around AMD's high end parts and then jump in with the 1080Ti.

How would it be out when the 1080 is only launched announcing something on paper should not count so i bet it is still 12 months. The fact is the 1080 has only just started to come in now in stock and price how can you call 1-2 in stock at £620 a launch and start the date ticking?

Titan Maxwell was March 15 you say? Titan P just came in Aug 2016 dude... And what makes you think a 1080 will be over taken by a Ti version any less than a Titan refresh? I know from experience here watching Intels tick tock do the same thing Nvidia is now doing on there tick tock. Saying to wait for AMD is funny stuff though AMD are the reason the whole market is in trouble lol.

Soldato
Why on earth would they release any info about this? The 1070/1080/Titan X info was scarce. They have no competition in this sector, so will be milking it for quite some time (which is what any company would do.)

Soldato
Grab potential Vega buyers before AMD release it. Can still charge a truckload, no prob there. If no competition, the better, control the pricepoints.

Wasn't the 980ti chips basically Titan X chips that failed the binning process?

Once the production line gets up and running of the new Titans they'll start to accumulate failed chips they'll put to one side for a rainy day, or AMD's next launch, I imagine. Either way they'll want to get them out there and get some money back on them eventually AMD or no AMD.

Soldato

Once the production line gets up and running of the new Titans they'll start to accumulate failed chips they'll put to one side for a rainy day, or AMD's next launch, I imagine. Either way they'll want to get them out there and get some money back on them eventually AMD or no AMD.

I'd assume these titans are already the failed full fledged Quadro chips

Associate
The first Titan was not the full chip just like this one. They still milked another card under (780) and over it (780Ti). Imo NVIDIA will release something before the end of November. Only time will tell, but I think we all know this Titan X is definitely not the last card on the GP102 core.

1080Ti should be epic. My favorite about the gaming family GPUs is that they allow brands to customise the pcb/cooler/clock so you get a much more complete product.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Why would NVIDIA release a TI? AMD can only match the 1060's performance. The 1070, 1080 and Titan X are in segments of their own.

There is absolutely no reason for NVidia to release a 1080 Ti ATM.

Failed GP102 chips can be used in the Pascal Titan.

There is absolutely no competition from AMD at the high end.

A further cut down GP102 chip released as a 1080 Ti would be pretty useless performance wise and would be struggling to beat a 1080. Worse still it would be very expensive compared to the 1080.

I also think the next Titan based on the full GP102 chip is about 12 months away unless Vega is a lot faster than expected.

Caporegime

The Titans are already failed chips this time though from their high end compute cards.

So this is the outlet for them. There are no failed Titan chips esp at the release clock speed as well. Last time was totally different with the Titan been the full chip.

That's why people are saying this Titan is more like the ti except for its name and price.

Associate
Convinced that low posting members of this forum are nvidia employees.

Why else do we get a " anybody heard anything about the 1080 ti?" thread starting each week and always by members who hardly post?

Well maybe because they are not on the forums a lot so they think you have news since its a PC forum??

Back
Top Bottom