*** Battlefield 1 ***

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Slightly incorrect. BF3 Squad Rush was absolutely fantastic and probably the best overall infantry game mode, especially for comp. It was just underplayed.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I didn't play that tbh. 99.9% of my BF3 time was spent playing CQ. :)

Soldato
Ha, yes although the mosquito had a similar set up in ww2 before rockets became more widespread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M00f5RxhxLY

That was also 30 years later not in the days of the first flying war machines.

I tried having another go and I really just can't get along with it, just doesn't feel 'right'.

Loaded up BFBC2 and had amazing fun for a couple of hours, will fire up BF3 in a min and see how thats faired too.

Apart from playerbase I don't really think I *need* another battlefield right now, the others still have legs for me as long as I can get good servers.

Soldato
Actually had some good fun in this game now rather than pure frustration, especially after setting the % thingy to 42%, stopped my frame rates jumping about so drastically.
First Battlefield moments tonight for me were, setting someone on fire with the flare gun. He on one rock I on the other one, with the little ravine in between at A flag. I thought it was a flash gun and went to randomly flash him on spotting, then watched slightly puzzled at first as he panicked and erupted in flames. Finished him with my pistol. :D
Then the obligatory tank stalking with mines and shot my first pilot out of a plane; must admit had good fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried this out last night. I wasn't sure what I was doing but I had some fun doing it. Cowering in fear inside a half-destroyed building while a couple of enemy tanks rolled past, planes flew overhead, and sniper scopes glinted in the distance was great. Conquest generally seems very chaotic (not in a good way) though, but that might be because I suck at the game. The Rush version of the map is just unimaginative. I'd hope for a bit more variation in the others.

Throughout WWI people struggled to find ways to make cavalry regiments relevant in an age of guns and artillery. Dice's solution is elegant in its simplicity: "**** it we'll give them loads of health."

Soldato
This is the kind of thing that puts me off multiplayer gaming sometimes.

6JALEzX.png

How can you possibly think a game is good where one person can have a frag rate of 90.5 and a score 10 times higher than the next person? :rolleyes:

I guess cheats must be for people that are retarded/special needs/brain of an ameba or something where they need help to play a game because without them they are so crap?

Hope they get banned.

Just ruins the game for everybody else.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Throughout WWI people struggled to find ways to make cavalry regiments relevant in an age of guns and artillery. Dice's solution is elegant in its simplicity: "**** it we'll give them loads of health."

I have really grown to love the horses, they arent a whole lot of use for too much really but you can really rack up loads of kills with them if you use them for circling behind enemy lines and just doing hit and runs.

I guess cheats must be for people that are retarded/special needs/brain of an ameba or something where they need help to play a game because without them they are so crap?

Hope they get banned.

Just ruins the game for everybody else.

Too true and of course this is something that isnt unique to BF1, its prevalent in most online games, only last month in BF4 I played a round where some guy was insta-killing with the pistol, including shooting right across the map with it. He ended up with well over 100 kills. I would just lifetime ban them if it was me.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Anyone else think the support class needs another gadget or two to make the class feel more useful or worthwhile? All they have is trip mines and ammo...

I think they should have dynamite and maybe something else..

Soldato
Anyone else think the support class needs another gadget or two to make the class feel more useful or worthwhile? All they have is trip mines and ammo...

I think they should have dynamite and maybe something else..

It's hard to tell from just a single map beta. If you take close quarters and other situations, modes, maps etc it might be better.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out a month or so after release that:
-Support became the go-to Assault/Shooter class
-Assault became the Engineer that we're used to (pea shooters and explosives)
-Medic became an Assault/DMR class
-Recon be recon.

Don
Enjoying it more and more - especially with the round timer removed, battles feel more "epic" with proper power struggles as control points swap between teams.

Still had a few bad rounds, but enjoyed it far more and started to have some of those "battlefield moments" (Held the ridge next to "C" towards "F" & "G" by myself as the Assault class with the 3rd unlock smg - ended up running out of ammo and was still taking down enemies left and right with the pistol :) )

Back
Top Bottom