***The Official Telltale Games Thread***

Soldato
I always wait till the whole thing is out as I like to play them fairly close to each other so the story is still fresh.

Looking forward to seeing some user reviews on the new Batman game. Hopefully its as good as the others. But I'm more excited about the walking dead, think that will always be my favourite telltale series.

Permabanned
OP
BATMAN's Woes.
On release the Steam review mark for this is Mostly Negative with complaints about the inability to get the correct resolution and performance that's in the teens a lot of the time.
Whether these problems are teething problems with the new engine or not is besides the point if it's not ready to release don't release it, It seems the curse of the Bat on PC is in full effect..

I always wait till the whole thing is out as I like to play them fairly close to each other so the story is still fresh.

That's definitely the best way to do it, And judging by the mess this is currently in the safest way too.

Permabanned
OP
First impressions,
The resolution issue appears to be when trying to use VSR/DSR

I put it to my native 1080p and it's fine but at 4k via vsr the mouse can only move across part of the screen, As for performance I'm using a Fury pro and it's trying to give a consistent 60 fps but there are sudden dips which will need to be addressed (presumably on the driver side of things).

And once again, that is why you don't pre-order :p

I hope people are making good use of steams refund policy!

There's no real need from what I can see. We just need AMD and Nvidia to do there part with the drivers.

Soldato
I like the Telltale games but in my opinion Life Is Strange kicked the crap out of them. I can't wait to see what they do next.

I agree. I like Telltale but their titles could do with a bit more variety gameplay wise before it all gets a bit old and formulaic.

Soldato
I just watched some of the new Batman game and I just don't get it. A scene plays and a prompt comes up to press e, the game pauses until you do it, and you can't get it wrong. Occasionally you press directions to avoid gunfire. You might as well just watch an episode. It isn't proper interaction.

I don't like Telltale games anyway, but I think they are getting worse. I kind of enjoyed the first Walking Dead story, but as a game it was terrible. At best I would say they are decent mobile games.

Last edited:
Associate
I've only played The Walking Dead season 1 and The Wolf Among Us. Walking Dead was good but The Wolf Among Us really stood out for me. None of their other games have really grabbed my attention for some reason.

Soldato
Episodic games just don't work. Who wants to play 2 hours of a 10 hour game, then wait 2 month for another 2 hours? Telltale are good, drop the episodic nature and just release the whole thing?

EDIT: If a weekly episode(like the TV format they are mimicking) it would be good potentially.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Episodic games just don't work. Who wants to play 2 hours of a 10 hour game, then wait 2 month for another 2 hours? Telltale are good, drop the episodic nature and just release the whole thing?

EDIT: If a weekly episode(like the TV format they are mimicking) it would be good potentially.

I agree this is a problem, One you can work around but a negative all the same, The best thing to do is buy them once they are complete, For example Minecraft is one I've yet to get but the 6 episode original is now ready to play (Apparently a 7, 8 & 9 episode dlc is incoming),

I only just played The Walking Dead Michonne mini-series, I pre-purchesd it via Steam but waited until the three episodes had been released, I pre-purchased Batman too but other than a quick boot up to see what all the hoohar was about I won't play that until it ia all available.

The lengthy delay between episodes is a big issue in my opinion. As a comparison Resident Evil Revelations 2 was episodic and they released a new episode every monday, That went great for me and while I wish Telltale would do it in that way, I can make do with playing them how I do now. At the end of the day I've enjoyed all the more recent episodic games with Minecraft storymode being the only one I've yet to purchase.

Permabanned
OP
Telltale games suck. You decide nothing it's all an illusion of choice.

I agree to an extent because as I found with Walking dead series one you do lose specific people regardless of the decisions you make and any attempt to keep a particular person alive will fail.
I imagine the amount of work required to make enough storyline branches so that you can control every single characters fate and continue with every possible combination of survivors would put development costs through the roof causing the games to have true triple A game pricing.
Imagine if in episode two of series one you could go left instead of right and save Kenny junior instead of Clementine meaning every single act from there on out needs to be done for both timelines, The games do have limitations in that way but they are reasonably priced games.

I wish they would develop at least one title that does try to have every possible option available, A show piece title. Even if it did end up being a 50 or 60 pound game I'd buy it just for the experience.

The best way to go into a Telltale story is not with the view that you're God but more as you're along for the ride, It's about the story, Hence it being an interactive novel.

Soldato
Episodic games just don't work. Who wants to play 2 hours of a 10 hour game, then wait 2 month for another 2 hours?

Not sure you can really say "they don't work" when they clearly do and are very popular.

I waited two years for the most recent act in Kentucky Route Zero, I have no issues with games being released in an episodic format.

Associate
really enjoyed twd series but think the wolf among us is my favourite telltale game it had a very good story for some reason I found tales from borderlands hard going which surprised me as I like all the borderlands games. next up is the got which looks good I also only buy these once they are complete. @nashatthedog really like that idea of a showpiece game from them with more options and splitting story lines

Permabanned
TELLTALE’S THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 3

Telltale Games revealed at PAX West that the highly-anticipated third season of “The Walking Dead” will premiere in November. Titled “A New Frontier,” it will be released on a special “Season Pass Disc” for consoles, as well as PC/Mac and mobile platforms.

The title and release window have been kept under wraps since the announcement of the new season in June at E3.

“This third new season will serve as both a continuation of what’s come before in our story, as well as an all-new beginning set nearly four years after the outbreak events of Season One,” Kevin Bruner, co-founder and CEO of Telltale Games, said in a statement. “As a harrowing and horrific drama, ‘A New Frontier’ will explore beyond what it means to survive in a world ravaged by the undead, and will see our characters confronting the new rules of order and justice in a land being brutally reclaimed and rediscovered by what’s left of humanity itself.”

Players will be able to play as a teenage Clementine and series newcomer Javier, a man struggling to keep his family together in the new world. Clementine is attempting to protect family of her own while also hiding secrets from her past.

“When we began this series, we explored what it meant to protect a character like Clementine at all costs,” said Executive Producer Kevin Boyle. “Years later, meeting her for the first time, Javier will begin to unravel the mystery of who Clementine has become, as her story intersects with his – both of them still driven by the things they value most long after society’s collapse.”

Based on the acclaimed comic series created by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard, the episodic adventure game debuted in April 2012 and focused on Lee, a father figure to Clementine, as the two faced the beginning of the undead apocalypse. Season 1 won 90 Game of the Year Awards after its release. The second season was released in December 2013.

EpSatWrl.jpg

http://www.cbr.com/telltales-the-walking-dead-season-3-lands-title-release-date/
https://telltale.com/news/2016/09/-...ies---a-new-frontier-premieres-this-november/

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to this. The first two Seasons were excellent, but I wonder how they are going to handle S3 considering the 'choices' we had at the end of S2.

Also hoping that Batman doesn't affect TWD and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom