PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Can you please be super negitive so I can justify my cancelation:p

I tried the Kitchen demo and almost soiled myself.

First 10 minutes with it.

Tried Tomb Raider and Kitchen demo.

• There IS a slight screen door effect, only very slight.
  • I can't seem to adjust my headset to slide all the way in (i must have a big nose) but I can see daylight under the nose part.
  • The lenses sometimes steam up.
  • I have a big glass coffee table in front of my TV which doesnt affect it at all with reflections
  • It's very light
  • It's very fluid
  • Set up took 10 minutes if that
  • Tomb Raider VR is amazing, made me feel a little dizzy when I first started walking round, it has 2 modes, teleport and freewalk (teleport you hold L2 and point a beam where you want to teleport to then you can look around that way)
  • I'm about 6 feet away from my TV
  • Inner ear phones are very comfy and good sound quality

Edit: Just had a weird feeling sat here, lent forward on my chair and it made me feel a little giddy.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice and easy to set up, had about an hour on it. No direct feelings of sickness, couple of odd sensations though, and now I'm out of it I still feel odd.

Played the Eve Valkyrie demo, Headmaster demo, London Heist Demo and Thumper demo.

London heist seemed ok but had no sound for some reason. Best experience so far has been Headmaster though, feels great.

I've noticed some of the drifting issues back and forth, which is disappointing but I am sat 2.7m away on the edge of the play area. I'll drag a chair closer and see if the drifting improves or disappears.

Not 100% sure I won't return it yet, but going to give it a few more goes and hope I can find a few more things to be in awe of.

Associate
Nice and easy to set up, had about an hour on it. No direct feelings of sickness, couple of odd sensations though, and now I'm out of it I still feel odd.

Played the Eve Valkyrie demo, Headmaster demo, London Heist Demo and Thumper demo.

London heist seemed ok but had no sound for some reason. Best experience so far has been Headmaster though, feels great.

I've noticed some of the drifting issues back and forth, which is disappointing but I am sat 2.7m away on the edge of the play area. I'll drag a chair closer and see if the drifting improves or disappears.

Not 100% sure I won't return it yet, but going to give it a few more goes and hope I can find a few more things to be in awe of.

What's Eve Valkyrie like ?

Associate
What's Eve Valkyrie like ?

Seemed like the full game would be pretty fun, but the demo is incredibly short. Graphics left a lot to be desired and jagged edges everywhere. First really odd sensation though looking round the cockpit as my hands became extremely sweaty!

Will give rush of blood a try soon, sadly only got one move controller though.

Associate
Just tried driveclub VR demo, didn't feel sick one bit at all, no vomit comet here like some sites are reporting, but then i am use to using VR with my smart phone, and i have used 3D glasses on my pc loads of times.

Soldato
Mine arrived 30 minutes ago, set it up made sure it was working.

Has anyone else had the eye pieces steam up?

Tried Tomb raider in VR OH MY WORD :D

Mine steamed straight up, but that was after messing around getting everything hooked up. Chilling for a bit till my head cools down, while it downloads 33gb of demos, and i continue my Forza Horizon 3 career!

My night is sorted.

Soldato
Had a blast for around an hour, as my first VR experience, wow totally blown away. Yeah graphics and res are downgraded but its totally worth it for the experience imo. As others have said lenses fogged up at first but wearing the unit with my glasses is oddly more comfy and stopped any fogging up.

Set up is straight forward and its not that bad with all the wires.

Battlezone seems like great fun, didnt get a chance to try multiplayer but the feeling of sitting in a massive tank is pretty awesome.

VR worlds seems like a glorifed tech demo but still impressive, been inside the mech on Scavengers Odyssey was good (weird seeing alien arms and legs where yours should be).

Not tried anything else yet but ive got tomorrow off work :D Eve has a 6 gig patch so downloading that now.

Soldato
Really impressed with it, really easy to setup 10 mins max.

The first thing I tried was the Shark Attack in the VR Worlds collection, it's only an experience and not a game as such but it's perfect for trying out the VR. I was shocked by how real it felt.

Associate
:mad:

Hello,

We promised to deliver your order on 13 October 2016.

We’re sorry to tell you that there may be a delay in delivering your order. Please allow an additional day or two for the parcel to arrive. We will continue to monitor your order and if the parcel has not arrived by 16 October 2016 we will automatically issue a replacement. If a replacement is unavailable we will issue a full refund. Refunds go through in 5 - 7 business days and should show on your next statement. Please note that this doesn't include your bank's processing time.

We pride ourselves on meeting our promises and apologise for letting you down this time. Our priority is to get your parcel to you as soon as possible.

To amend your order or view your tracking details at any time, please visit ‘Your Orders’ in Your Account or click https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-orders.

We hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Associate
Cancel and grab one from the high street?

Seems to be plenty in stock around here I was expecting it to be pretty much sold out the way people were talking about limited stock.

Back
Top Bottom