PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Driveclub opens with a BAC Mono race and just... wow it was incredible. Unfortunately it does suffer from a noticeable low resolution as stuff in the distance just becomes very blurry. But the feeling of immersion you get from it more than makes up for this.

Super Stardust seems good (as a cheaper Battlezone type game) but it actually made me feel pretty sick. I think it's a combination of the very fast strafing movement while having to aim by looking. I didn't feel like that at all with the Battlezone demo where you're aiming with the right stick.

On the actual headset in the middle of the lenses it looks like there's a liquid moving around as you tilt it - is this normal? :confused:

Associate
On the actual headset in the middle of the lenses it looks like there's a liquid moving around as you tilt it - is this normal? :confused:

that's a reflection of a light bulb or something, i thought that when i did it lol

i got mine earlier, pre ordered it on rainforest on the 2nd October 2016 :D now i just need to wait for my playstation 4 pro to release next month so i can play with it :(

Last edited:

VTR

VTR

Soldato
WOW, had a few hours playing various demos and VR Worlds / Stardust. Very impressed. The kitchen demo is certainly one to show to friends! :O

Associate
i loved headmaster,its so simple but so good fun,the more i try to get the heading action correct the more i want to play on it,

Tried using the old gun holder for the shooting bits in London heist but it seems wonky , If only something like "point blank" came out for this !!!

also driveclub made me sick only after half a lap. graphics do look a bit ropy but the cockpit view is fantastic ,gonna try my wheel setup ,hoping that helps with the motion sickness .

Associate
I think if people are feeling sick with driveclub VR, just keep trying it over the coming days, i had this problem when i first used 3D vision on PC some years back, felt sick within 30mins, so i gave it a rest for a day or so, and after abit of time i seem to got my 3D legs for it.
But when i started to use google cardboard with my smart phone i did feel abit sick, but after some time, i seem to have got use to it, been fine so far, and drive club VR does not trouble me at all.

Man of Honour
I'm loving every second of PSVR, wish I had more time to play

I love that with move controllers everything becomes a toy, the start of London Heist all the things you are given just become things to 'fiddle with' :D, fantastic!

Soldato
Spent a LOT of time with this last night.

Had a go on DriveClub, 20 minutes or so, started to feel a little dizzy at first but soon settled. I'm off work this afternoon so I'll be getting the wheel out to try it with.

VR Luge had me almost hurling at a point where you bounce off the edges.

The Tower Block game is immense fun.

VR Worlds heist is great, felt very surreal sitting in an old English pub at the start. I'll say no more about that.

Ocean Descent is really REALLY good.

Soldato
The best compliment I can make is that you really do think you're in a different world with most games. The Kitchen is excellent, as is RIGS. Just done the Shark element of VR Worlds, enjoyed.

Amazing technology, launch titles this good? I can't fathom how good this format will become.

Soldato
Anyone tried rigs yet ? Using the head control i did actually find that a bit nausea enducing (which is a first for me, never get motion sick etc). Will give it another go in a bit. Could be because i've been on eve all morning.

Soldato
Anyone tried rigs yet ? Using the head control i did actually find that a bit nausea enducing (which is a first for me, never get motion sick etc). Will give it another go in a bit. Could be because i've been on eve all morning.

I was fine with rigs... one of the horror adventures, the one in black and white for most of the game give me a sick like feeling, but it was a poor game so maybe it was that.

What do you think of RIGS? I'm finding it super hard, but with practice I can see it being great. It's like Speedball 2 in the sense of teams, players leagues etc. can't wait for online, once I've trained up :)

Permabanned
Anyone with glasses tried this? Could not get it in focus, with or without glasses. :(

Also my vision was screwed for half an hour afterwards! :confused:

(Must note it wasnt setup for me/I dont know how to use it.....)

Back
Top Bottom