PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
I'd have liked to try this but even with the 2m camera extension cable I wouldn't be able to make it work with my setup. That said, if the camera is purely for tracking the VR then does it even need to be on your tv? Could you just mount elsewhere and face that when playing?

Soldato
I'd have liked to try this but even with the 2m camera extension cable I wouldn't be able to make it work with my setup. That said, if the camera is purely for tracking the VR then does it even need to be on your tv? Could you just mount elsewhere and face that when playing?

I don't see why that wouldn't work.

You don't even need the TV on if you're playing solo VR games.

Soldato
Managed to suss the lense fog, played four demos each one is making me horribly motion sick now don't think I'm cut out for vr :) will try again tomorrow. Eve demo is wow !

Soldato
Until Dawn looks good, as do a couple of others.
The trouble is they are all the sort of game i'd probably play a couple of times then never touch again

As it stands right now and until they sort out racing games on VR (if they can) after the hammering Driveclub Vomit Racing and Project Cars on pc with the Oculus Rift are taking by the reviewers I'm not interested enough to buy into it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Until Dawn looks good, as do a couple of others.
The trouble is they are all the sort of game i'd probably play a couple of times then never touch again

As it stands right now and until they sort out racing games on VR (if they can) after the hammering Driveclub Vomit Racing and Projet Cars on pc with the Oculus Rift are taking by the reviewers I'm not interested enough to buy into it.

I've never played a "normal" game since getting VR(a couple of hours on FM 2017), and have experienced no sickness at all.

As it stands, by just playing Eve and experiencing VR Worlds, I hear what you're saying about a killer app. But since when was a killer app released day 1 for any console?

Soldato
Managed to suss the lense fog, played four demos each one is making me horribly motion sick now don't think I'm cut out for vr :) will try again tomorrow. Eve demo is wow !

You probably want to play a little each day and build up your VR legs. I've been fine although when I first played RIGS with the head turning my stomach did feel a little off. Last night I played it for 2 hours absolutely no problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never played a "normal" game since getting VR(a couple of hours on FM 2017), and have experienced no sickness at all.

As it stands, by just playing Eve and experiencing VR Worlds, I hear what you're saying about a killer app. But since when was a killer app released day 1 for any console?

I said nothing about a "killer app"

Soldato
Taken from another site, can't link, there's lots of swearies all over it.

Also if you go into Settings > Devices > PS VR you can run a set up to measure your eye distance. I have just tried this and it helped a bit with DriveClub. It's still not perfect but I managed a few races after configuring it. (rather than 30 seconds of play)

1. You must take a break
Your brain is adjusting to virtual reality, but it will get better over time. Many VR games actively encourage you to take breaks at strategic save points in their games because they’ve conducted studies on how long you should be playing for. Take heed of this advice. Go grab a drink, take a walk in the fresh air, and come back in 10 minutes.

2. Breathe in and out deeply
Whenever you’re feeling a little overwhelmed, take a deep breath in and out to calm yourself down. Try and regulate your breathing while playing. The more over excited you get, the faster your breathing becomes and the more motion sick you may feel.

3. Get a fan blowing in your face
If you’ve got a fan at home, set it up in front of you and let that cool air blow across your face. You know when you were a kid and you were feeling sick in the car from a long journey? What would mom do? She’d open the window and let some fresh air in. Cooling yourself down with a fan may help prevent hot sweats and generally give you a feeling of being more grounded.

4. Chew on a piece of gum
Chewing gum has worked for me. I was able to play RIGS for almost 45 minutes rather than the usual 15 minute spell without feeling motion sickness. Your brain gets confused by movement, so giving your brain something else to focus on (the movement of your jaws chewing gum) can really help.

5. Calibrate your PlayStation VR headset
It’s easy to get excited when your headset arrives, and you want to dive right into those games, but you should spend time in the settings calibrating the VR headset for your eyes. It was a couple of days before I did this, and headaches and sickness have really improved. I was getting blurry vision, and straining to read menus in-game, but I took time to calibrate and now vision is much clearer.

6. Don’t move your head unless you need to
The more you move your head, the sicker you can become. Many VR games give you the option of looking around with head movement, or using the thumbstick of the DualShock 4 controller. Use the latter option when you can. You can alleviate symptoms by restricting your head movement as much as possible.

7. Eat or drink ginger
Ginger has long been a treatment for motion sickness and nausea. Cut up some fresh ginger, pour some boiling water over it, and then take some sips while you’re playing your PSVR games. You can buy ginger in capsule format if that’s easier, or nibble on some ginger biscuits.

8. Play games that don’t make you sick
I know, it’s disappointing, but if you can’t shake off that motion sickness stick to the games that don’t make you feel sick, or build up your resilience with titles that have less movement, and go back to those other games at a later date to see if you’ve acclimatised.

9. Play games sitting down
The first game I played standing up was Sports Bar VR. I was all over the place – shaky legs, wobbling from side-to-side, and feeling totally dizzy. If you can’t cope with motion, then play your games sitting down. It doesn’t ruin the experience and you’ll feel a lot more grounded.

10. Give your eyes a break
Your eyes are important. Without them you wouldn’t be able to see! Treat your eyes with respect, and give them a break whenever you can. During loading screens or at save points, close your eyes for a few moments to give them a breather.

Edit: just noticed Jase linked to the site above.

jjahHjush.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Taken from another site, can't link, there's lots of swearies all over it.

Also if you go into Settings > Devices > PS VR you can run a set up to measure your eye distance. I have just tried this and it helped a bit with DriveClub. It's still not perfect but I managed a few races after configuring it. (rather than 30 seconds of play)

Edit: just noticed Jase linked to the site above.

I've now removed link as you've quoted the the points.

Soldato
The more you move your head, the sicker you can become. Many VR games give you the option of looking around with head movement, or using the thumbstick of the DualShock 4 controller. Use the latter option when you can. You can alleviate symptoms by restricting your head movement as much as possible.
-------

So in other words Don't use VR in the manner it's been promoted and intended?????

Associate
-------

So in other words Don't use VR in the manner it's been promoted and intended?????

Also using the analogues to look about in game will make you even sicker. Thats the exact reason why so many people puked when trying out resident evils at cons, they changed the controls to head movement to prevent sickness.

Still think vr is a gimmick for so many reasons but the fact people get physically sick when its not done right is right up there.

Back
Top Bottom