PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Just went out to get Batman VR and ended up getting the new Ear Force Stealth 350VR headset.

The in ear option was uncomfortable for me and kept falling out.

These have a built in amplifier and will still do the 3D Audio

So far I have been blown away by London Heist and Until Dawn and sat in my chair it really felt like I was riding that horrible cart into doom.

These guys seem to like the 350's

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/57h87c/anyone_have_the_tb_350vr_headphones/

Last edited:
Associate
I can't believe I can't use my PlayStation 4 official headset with the psvr! Not tried with the cable but would have thought it would work wirelessly! :(

i don't have a ps4 yet but i couldn't get sound using vr cinema mode with my ps3 when playing games

on my ps3 under Sound Settings i had to untick Dolby Digital 5.1 ch when i chose HDMI and turn on Audio Multi-Output

don't know if it would be similar with ps4?

Soldato
Here they Lie had me lying on the floor again and breaking out in a sweat (not because of the horror unfortunately!)

Until Dawn was excellent even for such a short demo - 2 jump scares and one of them caused my wife to scream and leap back - she never made it to the end of the demo!

Soldato
I can't believe I can't use my PlayStation 4 official headset with the psvr! Not tried with the cable but would have thought it would work wirelessly! :(

Unfortunately there's no way for it to be wireless because the 3D audio is done within the external processing unit. It does work fine cabled.

Associate
I've just spent the past 90 minutes playing Batman VR it and it blew me away.

The level of detail is amazing, you really feel like you are in gotham. The movement with the old move controllers is amazing , very accurate for such old tech.

The character models of Batman,Nightwing and rest are more than impressive.

For me this is the best VR game now, if anybody is still on the fence about PS VR try and experience Batman, it is the first thing in a long long time that has made me truly excited.

Soldato

The level of detail is amazing, you really feel like you are in gotham. The movement with the old move controllers is amazing , very accurate for such old tech.

For me this is the best VR game now, if anybody is still on the fence about PS VR try and experience Batman, it is the first thing in a long long time that has made me truly excited.

Second person to say that. Can't wait to get another move controller!

Associate

I have just had completely the opposite, tried it but gutted how jerky the tracking is. Both from the move controller tracking for the hands and the headset. Not sure if something has changed as London Heist was great for the last couple of nights. I think the difference with Batman is it is allows you to move forwards back, it seems completely incapable of handling depth now.

Overall I have been impressed. I had a Vive at release, but sold it within a few weeks as I felt it was too expensive for what it delivered, especially when considering most of the content was poor value for the amount of playtime.

I reckon the PSVR gets a number of things right, I am hoping my tracking issues are just a blip.

Soldato
I have just had completely the opposite, tried it but gutted how jerky the tracking is. Both from the move controller tracking for the hands and the headset. Not sure if something has changed as London Heist was great for the last couple of nights. I think the difference with Batman is it is allows you to move forwards back, it seems completely incapable of handling depth now.

Overall I have been impressed. I had a Vive at release, but sold it within a few weeks as I felt it was too expensive for what it delivered, especially when considering most of the content was poor value for the amount of playtime.

I reckon the PSVR gets a number of things right, I am hoping my tracking issues are just a blip.

Were you standing?

Soldato
Oh my days, Batman VR :eek:

I am at the
Robin in the cage scene
and had to put it down because of getting up in the morning for work.

I truly felt like I was Batman and the motion controls are spot on.

I didn't have any tracking issues stood about 6 foot away from the camera using the move controllers.

If you have PSVR - Buy this game

Soldato
Oh my days, Batman VR :eek:

I truly felt like I was Batman and the motion controls are spot on.

I didn't have any tracking issues stood about 6 foot away from the camera using the move controllers.

If you have PSVR - Buy this game

Exactly what I thought, tracking/motion control is so accurate. I'm sure if anyone was on the fence about VR this would make them buy it, extremely impressive in every way.

Soldato
My only issue with Batman was the positioning of the player. They wanted me to either stand or sit about a foot in front of my sofa. Playing seated I had to put my office chair in the middle of the room.

When it calibrates you have to be in a certain position in the room as the world is built around you being in this specific position in the "world"

Soldato
My only issue with Batman was the positioning of the player. They wanted me to either stand or sit about a foot in front of my sofa. Playing seated I had to put my office chair in the middle of the room.

When it calibrates you have to be in a certain position in the room as the world is built around you being in this specific position in the "world"

Well its certainly not designed to be a sit down game, it wouldn't feel right being sat down due to what you do. I had no problem with where it wanted me to stand when I started it it said to stand on the bat symbol which was about 6 inched from where I was stood anyway (I'm guessing centre to the camera).

Soldato
Picked up the full version of VR Worlds yesterday, man the shark encounter was great!

My mum had the benefit of watching me first but even so she still nearly soiled herself, lol.

When the shark appears we both couldn't help but draw our legs in away from the front of the cage. What was great was at one point she reached out to the side to hold onto what was left of the cage.

Such an immersive experience.

Picked up EVE Valkyrie too, can't wait to play that properly tonight.

Associate
to anyone who has their screen moving to the left, try playing without the extension cable, i tried that last night and it never moved in cinema mode whereas the night before i had turned around 150° :eek:

Back
Top Bottom