PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Wow, after practicing like hell on Eve I decided to do multi-player! It was like being in an episode of Battlestar Galactic! Absolute magic. I hope Star Wars is good, I really do. If it is like this but with the obvious Star Wars theme, I will be in heaven. :)

Soldato
So in other words Don't use VR in the manner it's been promoted and intended?????

It's their opinion/tips on how to break into VR.. doing what they suggested may help starting off. The idea is to use VR exactly as it is intended but some people may struggle starting off and their brain need some training, same reason as some people get car sick etc.

Still think vr is a gimmick for so many reasons but the fact people get physically sick when its not done right is right up there.

It is most certainly not a gimmick, I would go as far as saying it is the future of gaming/entertainment experiences and certainly the best thing I have seen in gaming for many, many years.

Soldato
It is most certainly not a gimmick, I would go as far as saying it is the future of gaming/entertainment experiences and certainly the best thing I have seen in gaming for many, many years.

I 100% agree, and have been gaming since 1985. Had just about every system, none of them have blown my mind like this. I do have one negative and warning to people thinking about getting it.

Once you play a game like Eve or RIGS, or any of the others really, you'll find it almost impossible to go back to non VR gaming. My normal game of the year, Forza Horizon 3 hasn't been played since I got this, and I have virtually no desire to play it.

So if you're on the fence, finish the "normal" games before you get this, or you may never finish them...

Jase, I wouldn't feed the trolls :)

EDIT: TV Shows/Movies will give you the chance to walk around in the actual show, in fact there's an app out already(free) which does this in a basic sense. Anyone who hasn't played PSVR for at least 12hours, with different games, really shouldn't comment. You'll look very stupid soon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I thought this was all sold out? Managed to get one from Smyths toys.

Anywho - They had the new camera but not the Twin Move controllers. Anyone aware of shops that have stock?

Soldato
I thought this was all sold out? Managed to get one from Smyths toys.

Anywho - They had the new camera but not the Twin Move controllers. Anyone aware of shops that have stock?

Best place for price I know is amazon. But I'm up to my eyeballs playing games that don't require the move, in fact don't use them. Eve : Valkyrie & RIGS. VR Worlds Ocean : Shark, and the Kitchen demo don't need them and they both are excellent titles to show off VR to non gamers.

Soldato
^ The first part of that game is very surreal, you are sat in an old English pub which feels eerily real.

I tried to rest my hands on the table that was in front of me a few times. You can "suck and blow" oooer the cigar too as the VR has a built in mic it knows when you are blowing and smoke appears.

Associate
was excited for VR but decided to wait to see what peoples thoughts were on PSVR and if the PS4 could pull it off.

got more excited after watching peoples reviews on how good it was, but decided to wait again when i watched a few vids (giantbomb etc) where they were talking about tracking problems, nausea etc

but, the wife loves a certain game on Wii and well... the straw that broke the camels back.

i've ordered now.

Associate
I'm doing a demo with Sony tomorrow so I'll get to try it out, really looking forward to it.

Not sure if I'll go down the VR route though as I am currently without a PC and most of the games I enjoy are PC based e.g I'm looking forward to the new Civ, dawn of war etc. I think this is why I don't really use ps4 all that much, plus the PS is hooked up to the main tv in the lounge which is normally being used by my wife or son!

So it's either a new PC or the PSVR and a new tv/monitor so I can set it up somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom