PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Guys - is there anywhere online that has them in stock for delivery now - most places seem to be unable to deliver until November.

thanks !

I got mine from Argos, you could try them for click and collect as I placed reservation on Thursday last week and was supposed to be delivered to store on Monday (today) but had an email on Saturday that it was ready for collection.

You don't pay until you collect so if you find somewhere else in the mean time go with that. The guy in Argos said he'd not seen many reserved for collection which surprised me.

Bloody move controllers are like gold dust though, considering you couldn't give them away a year ago. I ordered from Tesco for click and collect, John Lewis had stock last week but I umm'd and ahh'd and by the time I tried to order they'd gone.

Soldato
I caved in - mostly due to Rez :) How essential are the move controllers? I'm guessing essential, but they cost a bomb and stocks are low.

Soldato
I caved in - mostly due to Rez :) How essential are the move controllers? I'm guessing essential, but they cost a bomb and stocks are low.
I've found one of mine the others hidden in the attic somewhere, but i've not needed them yet although it would probably enhance the experience.

Soldato

You wont be disappointed :)

They are not essential however they do greatly increase the experience in a few games. For Batman I would say the experience would be spoilt if you didn't have the controllers, I'd buy them just for that but...

It depends on what games you are getting as to whether its worth getting them at this point. If you're going to be playing Rez, Battlezone, Rigs, Eve then not needed. If you want to play Batman, Until Dawn, London Heist (in the VR Worlds pack) then I'd get them.

Soldato
I've found one of mine the others hidden in the attic somewhere, but i've not needed them yet although it would probably enhance the experience.

I got a pair just in case.

Playstation Worlds and Rez are on my list, probably Batman too just for the coolness of it. Can anyone suggest a few more? I'm mostly interested in stuff that will be fun with a few mates round and seeing ppls reactions.

Soldato

Playstation Worlds and Rez are on my list, probably Batman too just for the coolness of it. Can anyone suggest a few more? I'm mostly interested in stuff that will be fun with a few mates round and seeing ppls reactions.

Well to see reactions you'll have to download the Kitchen demo!

You can download the demos ready for when you get it, you can try quite a few things on that to see what you like before purchasing.

The least impressive is Driveclub as it's quite lo res but I've played it a fair bit and enjoy it.

Soldato
Cheers for the input man - i'll definitely check out the kitchen demo :)

I saw some very positive reviews for Thumper and Super Hypercube, and love trippy experience games like Rez, so will pick these up for sure. Probably until Dawn for the scary factor. I feel like I should get one of the big, fuller games like Rigs, Battlezone or Eve etc, but they don't massively appeal and would much appreciate some impressions on these if anyone's been playing them.

Soldato
Cheers for the input man - i'll definitely check out the kitchen demo :)

I saw some very positive reviews for Thumper and Super Hypercube, and love trippy experience games like Rez, so will pick these up for sure. Probably until Dawn for the scary factor. I feel like I should get one of the big, fuller games like Rigs, Battlezone or Eve etc, but they don't massively appeal and would much appreciate some impressions on these if anyone's been playing them.

Thumper is pretty cool, I dont normally play games like that but it kept me playing for a while.

as for the bigger games...

Battlezone is good tank shooter, can be played online coop it's what sold me on VR when I tried it at EGX.Theres a demo available.

Eve will appeal if you like space flight shooter, it's mainly an online game though.

Rigs will test your VR feet the most, it's probably the one I'd recomend if you want something to practice VR with and feel that you're getting better. It looks pretty good to and again a Demo available.

Soldato
Quick question - can you get away with standard headphones for this?

There's a standard small jack socket on the extension cable so you can plug a standard headset with it. It also comes with a set of in ear headphones which are OL, my iPhone headphones also worked fine.

Associate
I had a blast with it on Saturday with a mate, such good fun. But I think I'm going to return it.

While I think it's great, I still haven't fully gotten used to VR, it's not made me physically ill, just off, and my real-life vision over the last couple of days has seemed off at certain distances.

This coupled with a feeling that there isn't really much coming up that will make this a must-have in terms of games over the next year or so makes me think I'm better off returning and keeping my money until the next iteration.

Oh and there's a dead pixel smack bang in the middle of the left eye side of the screen that's distracting on white backgrounds.

Soldato

Get your camera ready to record reactions! Priceless. :) The Ocean with the Shark will be ideal to show off, don't tell your first tester(make sure they're the jumpiest!) about the Shark! You need to buy VR Worlds for this.

Back
Top Bottom