PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Rubbish. PlayStation crapped all over the available PC hardware at the time.

There was no such thing as a high end gaming PC, if you were very lucky you had a P90 or something, and GPUs weren't available at all.

Yep, same for the original Xbox and that was in 2001. The GPU was an custom made Geforce 3/4 which no PC could match at the time.

Soldato

There was no such thing as a high end gaming PC, if you were very lucky you had a P90 or something, and GPUs weren't available at all.

I was about to say the same thing. Up until the original Playstation, consoles have always been superior to any home computer (Including the Amiga) and the PC. It was about the time of the Playstation 2 that PC's caught up and started to overtake the consoles of the time.

Soldato
Well read a few reviews and as much as my 4k tv doesn't have hdr seems I'll still notice s difference so am happy with it! Shame the wife is not giving me it until crimbo!

Caporegime

3dfx and ps1 were both out in 1995/96 3dfx graphics was way better than psx. Plus the ati rage pro

Last edited:
Soldato
digital foundry seem to have gone way overboard, releasing ps4 pro videos almost daily and now launched a subscription video services for 4k videos. Massive overhype for pixel count.

Soldato
3dfx and ps1 were both out in 1995/96 3dfx graphics was way better than psx. Plus the ati rage pro

PS1 was released at the end of 94, the first Voodoo card came out about 18 months later before then their chips were in arcades. Ati Rage didnt hit till about 96. So the PS1 was ahead of the PC for at least a year.

Last edited:
Soldato

PS1 had nearly two years on the voodoo graphics being available, and the quality of visuals and sound on PS1 was well ahead of PC for years.

Serious case of rose-tinted PC specs if you think otherwise.

Obviously not the case now....but until PCs moved to a decent architecture in the 2000s they were totally gimped compared to dedicated gaming hardware.

Soldato
digital foundry seem to have gone way overboard, releasing ps4 pro videos almost daily and now launched a subscription video services for 4k videos. Massive overhype for pixel count.

Seems more like striking while the iron is hot and killing two birds with one stone instead of hype.

It's the perfect time to launch their website where they've probably been dying to do so for a long time. Youtube compression is awful.

Associate
For the price of £350 to be able to perform at this level should be congratulated. My Pc (not including my monitor), cost over £1500, for a £350 console to come even close is an amazing achievement.

The two formats should not be compared, it's like comparing a top of the range merc to a i10. They are both cars, drive and steer so should they be compared against each other??? Nope they are not as it would be a false comparison.

Look at it for what it is, a £350 device with some amazing exclusives and more to come that is capable of producing pc like graphics. Well done Sony!

Associate
For the price of £350 to be able to perform at this level should be congratulated. My Pc (not including my monitor), cost over £1500, for a £350 console to come even close is an amazing achievement.

The two formats should not be compared, it's like comparing a top of the range merc to a i10. They are both cars, drive and steer so should they be compared against each other??? Nope they are not as it would be a false comparison.

Look at it for what it is, a £350 device with some amazing exclusives and more to come that is capable of producing pc like graphics. Well done Sony!

Too bloody right. People like to moan about everything and anything. £350 is a small price to pay for such a great system (which will only get better with time)

Soldato
PS1 had nearly two years on the voodoo graphics being available, and the quality of visuals and sound on PS1 was well ahead of PC for years.

Serious case of rose-tinted PC specs if you think otherwise.

Obviously not the case now....but until PCs moved to a decent architecture in the 2000s they were totally gimped compared to dedicated gaming hardware.

Did you play Doom 2 in 1994?

Caporegime
People seem to be forgetting the TV the pro needs to perform at its best, factor that price in like you would a monitor for a pc and they are basically the same.

No I don't think you can make that comparison really. It's not as if the TV's are just for the ps4, they are for watching TV as well and many people buy good TV's regardless of gaming.

Anyway, build a powerful 4K PC and the cost of top notch monitor is still over £500 at least.

We're talking about the engine, not the display and as such, PS4 pro compares very favourably against a PC of much more value.

Back
Top Bottom