• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclockers/Gigabyte GPU Repair Woes

Associate
I was just wondering of other users experiences in using Overclockers/Gigabyte's repair system and whether it always takes as long as it has so far and whether it is better buying other brands to avoid this in the future.

I purchased a (not cheap) Gigabyte 1070 GTX iTX edition on 18th August and everything worked well. Unfortunately 2 months later the card just stopped working, completely dead, no warning, no artifacting just stopped working with zero signs of life. Contacted Overclockers who arranged an RMA and return which went very smoothly, so far so good.

As it was only 2 months old I was expecting a replacement but Overclockers decided to send it back to Gigabyte for repair, ok. This is where my experience hasn't been so good. After waiting for two weeks and hearing nothing I contacted Overclockers who just said we don't know please wait. After another two weeks I'm still waiting and it has now been 28days. I've just sent off another chaser as I believe this is now moving into unreasonable length of time for a repair but wanted to see what others think. How long have you waited for this before escalating.

I've bought hardware for decades and sometimes things go wrong and need to be repaired, that's fine, I've just never waited this long for a repair of an expensive item before. Even my old ASUS motherboard which got repaired after 2.5years got fixed quicker! Guess avoid Gigabyte in the future may be the answer.

TomDD

Soldato
It is an unreasonable length of time, if you bought it on a CC then call your CC company, if not then contact trading standards, faults within the first 6 months are deemed to have been there since purchase and the onus is on the retailer to prove otherwise.

Soldato
It is an unreasonable length of time, if you bought it on a CC then call your CC company, if not then contact trading standards, faults within the first 6 months are deemed to have been there since purchase and the onus is on the retailer to prove otherwise.

call overclockers and complain first would seem sensible - not just grumble a bit to the bod on the phone speak to a manager and explain the situation

Associate
Sounds like they haven't given you anywhere near the right amount of info.. i've just started the RMA process on my Sapphire RX480 and they have clearly stated that if the process takes longer than 28 days then i will be issued a refund on my purchase. Definitely talk to the customer service forum. They are normally very good.

Associate
OP
Sounds like they haven't given you anywhere near the right amount of info.. i've just started the RMA process on my Sapphire RX480 and they have clearly stated that if the process takes longer than 28 days then i will be issued a refund on my purchase. Definitely talk to the customer service forum. They are normally very good.

If I knew it would have been this long I would have pushed for a refund/replacement. Guess I wasn't loud enough.

Underboss
I sent a GPU back to Gigabyte to get fixed, 28 days later is was returned working.

It wasn't via OcUK but the Bolton lot, I'm guessing 28 days turn around +/- a few days is their normal turn around time.

I'm sure both the OcUK CS and Gigabyte rep will get you sorted bud.

Soldato
shadow_boxer said:
Surprised to hear this. I've used Gigabyte RMA before twice and they've been spot on. Less than a 5 day turn around both times.
JOSH86 said:
I sent a GPU back to Gigabyte to get fixed, 28 days later is was returned working.

It wasn't via OcUK but the Bolton lot, I'm guessing 28 days turn around +/- a few days is their normal turn around time.

I'm sure both the OcUK CS and Gigabyte rep will get you sorted bud.
Makes you wonder how long retailers take to actually ship back to the manufacturer for repair.

Are retailers shipping them in batches to save on shipping costs? All companies look at ways to be more cost effective, even at the expense of the consumers.

Last edited:
Caporegime
normally upto 28 days isnt it. last card i had rma i got back after 4-5 days from ocuk and i was impressed how quick it was.

as said would be great if the gigabyte rep can sort something with ocuk to have somekind of fast track for uk customers on here.;)

Associate
It is a long time,but feels reasonable.. they need to receive the card, verify what the issue is, investigate if it can be repaired, repair it or replace it.

I know some (Asus maybe? i forget) offer accelerated RMA where they send you a replacement straight away and then decide later if it is an actual warranty issue or if it was user error (in which case they bill you). It would be nice to have that rolled out for a premium.

Associate
OP
Hello

Can you please provide your RMA number?

I will have a look into this and see where I can be of assistance

Thanks

Bailey

Sure RMA number is 313600. I sent a webnote earlier as well.

It is a long time,but feels reasonable.. they need to receive the card, verify what the issue is, investigate if it can be repaired, repair it or replace it.

I know some (Asus maybe? i forget) offer accelerated RMA where they send you a replacement straight away and then decide later if it is an actual warranty issue or if it was user error (in which case they bill you). It would be nice to have that rolled out for a premium.

I can kind of understand a repair for an older item say 6months+ but as this was only 2months old surely a replacement would have been a better option especially as under UK consumer law a fault on anything under 6 months should be consider a fault at purchase. Plus being one month or more (they actually quote 28 WORKING days for a repair return which is nearly 6 weeks real time) without a major component of your computer surely fits under the significant inconvenience clause.

Hopefully will get something resolved today, thanks for the replies and response so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
OcUK Staff
Sure RMA number is 313600. I sent a webnote earlier as well.

Thanks for the RMA details, I have just spoken to GBT and they have assured me it is due to land back with us today. Usual turn around times for repairs on GBT is around 5 working days but in this instance they needed to source parts to repair / replace the card which come from the far east.

So all being well it will be back with us today for delivery tomorrow.

I hope this clears it up

Bailey

Back
Top Bottom