• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclockers/Gigabyte GPU Repair Woes

Associate
OP
Thanks for the RMA details, I have just spoken to GBT and they have assured me it is due to land back with us today. Usual turn around times for repairs on GBT is around 5 working days but in this instance they needed to source parts to repair / replace the card which come from the far east.

So all being well it will be back with us today for delivery tomorrow.

I hope this clears it up

Bailey

That's great, thanks for the quick update. Did they say what exactly was wrong with it?

The only thing I would add is it would be good if Gigabyte could've let me know it was going to take longer than usual rather than having to chase. Live update or something similar, Dell do something like this when you send laptops back for repair.

Soldato
Thanks for the RMA details, I have just spoken to GBT and they have assured me it is due to land back with us today. Usual turn around times for repairs on GBT is around 5 working days but in this instance they needed to source parts to repair / replace the card which come from the far east.

So all being well it will be back with us today for delivery tomorrow.

I hope this clears it up

Bailey

Pathetic excuse. If it was going to take this long then a new card should have been sent out (not Oveclockers but Gigabyte)

Soldato
Had something similar happen with a GTX 780 Ti a few years ago. OCUK were great they eventually sent me a brand new replacement but Gigabyte put me off buying their products ever again with the wait 28 days process so I took my own advice & now avoid buying any Gigabyte GPU's!!

Soldato
Hi Tom - Sorry to hear this. I have raised with OcUK customer services - they should contact you soon for full details and we will investigate what the hold up is.

Hi!! My Gigabyte GTX960 seems to having some weird booting issues more recently and neither my old GTX660 or a Pascal card I have has the problem. So should I contact Gigabyte directly for an RMA??

Associate
Hi!! My Gigabyte GTX960 seems to having some weird booting issues more recently and neither my old GTX660 or a Pascal card I have has the problem. So should I contact Gigabyte directly for an RMA??

Hi - yes please contact our RMA centre directly if you have had the product for over 1 year - Please email [email protected] with your model number, serial number and as much information about the fault as possible so they can assist you.

OcUK Staff
This should have been a straight replacement from Ocuk, surprised and shocked to be honest cs is normally excellent.

It would be a straight replacement if it was within the DOA period of 30 days.

As it is over this time period it was sent off for repair.

We never have any issues with GBT repairs or their service.

Bailey

Associate
OP
Thought I would add an update to the sorry saga of this graphics card, which I must add is the most expensive GPU I've ever bought and easily the worst, even though it ran well when it worked!

After the experience above I got the card back and it worked fine for a few months, then in May it suddenly stopped working again. Same as before completely dead, no warning, no artifacting just stopped working with zero signs of life. Would assume same problem but obviously can't tell so arranged another RMA with Overclockers. Again they sent it back to be repaired, again on day 27 had heard nothing so rang to check, they had heard nothing from Gigabyte so would chase and amazing next day they said it had been repaired and it got sent back to me. Sceptic in me finds it amazing that the card suddenly appears only after I chase but it may be coincidence and Gigabyte might have sent it back on day 28 both times. Anyway card was 8months old by this time and over 2 of these months it had been in for repair, 25% down time!

Put card back in worked fine, one week later it goes again, same problem. So rang Overclockers stating as this is the 3rd time the GPU has broke with what seems to be the same issue the card is either a dud (it is a revision 1.0) or Gigabyte isn't fixing it properly and I would like a replacement. They said ok and please send it back, however our system is down so we'll send you an email later. Nothing arrived so next day chased, they sent the RMA email there and then and I sent it back via DPD drop-off. Got a note from DPD saying it had been delivered ok so was hoping to get a new card within a few days... nothing... chased Overclockers who then said they hadn't received it so can I check with DPD. I checked with DPD and got tracking info stating when it arrived at Overclockers and who signed for it. Rang Overclockers back who then said ok not your problem we will get you a new card out... nothing... rang back a few days later and they then said they need to investigate where it has gone and it will be a week...

Not impressed and wondering what my options are here. I'm hoping I get a new card by the end of the week but based on my experience so far am thinking that may not happen at least without me chasing which I shouldn't have to do.

Tom

Soldato
Call your credit card company and get a full refund, unless they come back and say you are getting a significantly better card as a replacement

As theyve already had 2 attempts at fixing it you are entitled to a refund at this point

You dont have to wait, you can always raise a claim and start the process and then let the card company know if another preferable outcome presents itself

Soldato
pretty bad service there unfortunately :(

Although the 2nd time it broke i would have asked for a replacement not waited another 27 days.

Also i find you get quicker action (and theres an evidence trail) if you communicate via email or letters with companies in these situations.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Gigabyte RMA has always been up there as one of the worst in the industry. It was the same 15 years ago.

I only buy EVGA now, their RMA service is nothing short of spectacular, you are updated all the way, and they offer advance RMA services.

Associate
Thought I would add an update to the sorry saga of this graphics card, which I must add is the most expensive GPU I've ever bought and easily the worst, even though it ran well when it worked!

After the experience above I got the card back and it worked fine for a few months, then in May it suddenly stopped working again. Same as before completely dead, no warning, no artifacting just stopped working with zero signs of life. Would assume same problem but obviously can't tell so arranged another RMA with Overclockers. Again they sent it back to be repaired, again on day 27 had heard nothing so rang to check, they had heard nothing from Gigabyte so would chase and amazing next day they said it had been repaired and it got sent back to me. Sceptic in me finds it amazing that the card suddenly appears only after I chase but it may be coincidence and Gigabyte might have sent it back on day 28 both times. Anyway card was 8months old by this time and over 2 of these months it had been in for repair, 25% down time!

Put card back in worked fine, one week later it goes again, same problem. So rang Overclockers stating as this is the 3rd time the GPU has broke with what seems to be the same issue the card is either a dud (it is a revision 1.0) or Gigabyte isn't fixing it properly and I would like a replacement. They said ok and please send it back, however our system is down so we'll send you an email later. Nothing arrived so next day chased, they sent the RMA email there and then and I sent it back via DPD drop-off. Got a note from DPD saying it had been delivered ok so was hoping to get a new card within a few days... nothing... chased Overclockers who then said they hadn't received it so can I check with DPD. I checked with DPD and got tracking info stating when it arrived at Overclockers and who signed for it. Rang Overclockers back who then said ok not your problem we will get you a new card out... nothing... rang back a few days later and they then said they need to investigate where it has gone and it will be a week...

Not impressed and wondering what my options are here. I'm hoping I get a new card by the end of the week but based on my experience so far am thinking that may not happen at least without me chasing which I shouldn't have to do.

Tom

Hi Tom. Can you give us the SN for the card?
That way we can track what happened to it in the past.

Back
Top Bottom