Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
How much did it set you back mate? I've just watched a few videos and I'm super keen now...

£243 total, but that was from a EU warehouse with express shipping and insurance as I'm a bit over cautious so paid the extra. Still, cheaper than my local RC retailer who wanted £320 for the non advanced version.

Without the extras if you choose EU warehouse it can be had for £235, or £221 if you choose China warehouse.

Associate
Help me everyone.

I got a small 15 quid micro quad for Christmas and loved it. However the corner motor died after what I suspect was a crash indoors... And now it won't fly.

However I want to basically get something for around the 50-80 quid mark to mess with.

What's the best value for money option.

I've got a Syma X5C-1. Great fun to play around with and get used to the controls, found it really durable as well. Can be had for around £30/£40, spares are cheap as well and can get about 10 minutes out of a battery.

Soldato
I've got a Syma X5C-1. Great fun to play around with and get used to the controls, found it really durable as well. Can be had for around £30/£40, spares are cheap as well and can get about 10 minutes out of a battery.

Thanks bud.

have you had to replace anything like motors etc?

Ive been looking at this one vs the Hubsan 502e (i think). Tempted by the latter for GPS etc.

Soldato

I fell into the trap of ordering what I thought was a Syma X5C (logged a complaint for misleading pictures on an auction site) at a bargain price and turns out its a clone. Doing a bit more research and there are many many clones.

YKC-X51, Yasoo, ones with 2.4ghz on top instead of Syma etc. It flies really nicely but the camera doesnt work and the transmitter is a cheap version with no display. So just wondering whether to risk it and buy another camera or go find a proper X51C or the newer X51C-1.

I've bought from gearbest, banggood and aliexpress. Some come quite quick even from China. You have to be aware that some companies like Aliexpress do not actually provide the items they are a bit like Amazon where companies sell their products on the website and you buy from them.

Also got a Eachine H8C and a WLToys Q282J Hexcopter. Anyone know where you can get propguards from for the Q282 ? Also got an Eachine E5C coming soon from Banggoods.

Associate
So I never even paid much attention to quads/multi's/drones at all. I then got told about the DRL and started watching loads of build videos on youtube for a racing quad.

Naze32 f1
Little bee 30a esc - BLheli_s 16.5
DYS SE2205 2300KV
Fly sky-i6 and included Rx
3S Lipo.
Running Betaflight 3.0.1

It is insane hahah, I managed to roll it on my first proper flight in Horizon mode.

I have order a QX90 to learn on now (that will work with my Tx) as my proper one is a beast already for a total noob even on 3S.

I cant wait to be able o fly it well haha!

Associate
Try a simulator to understand the basics of flying in rate mode - The DRL sim is free and is quite good (if a little floaty)

My QX95 feels pretty different to my 220 size when flying

Downloaded. PIXNOR Remote Control Aeromodelling USB Analog Cable FMS for Flysky SM100 2.4G

I ordered that from the rainforest, with both the intent of flashing 10ch firmware that someone has made and using the Tx for sims. However the device is not picked up in win10 and I cant seem to find any drivers. I get an error saying usb Device Descriptor Request Failed. It was only £7 but all the reviews seem to say its good and it works!

Associate
The firmware flash cable and the simulator cable are different things (think one of the pins is opposite)
So you need the firmware one to flash to the 10 ch mod (I have done that before, works seamlessly with the right cable)

and the simulator one to connect to a pc (on mine it was the switchable one, set to G5-G7 Above and with the I6 in student mode in its settings)

Associate
I finally took the plunge and ordered my first quad:

Quad:
QAV210 Carbon Fiber FPV Quadcopter
KISS 32bit Flight Controller
KISS ESC 24 amp Race Edition
EMAX RS2205s 2300Kv RaceSpec Motors
DIATONE V8.3 PDB with 12V 5V BEC & LC Filter
Foxeer HS1177 600TVL FPV Camera
Team BlackSheep UNIFY PRO 5.8GHz HV (High Voltage)
14.8v 1300mah 65c LiPo Battery 4S x3
HQProp 5X4X3 Glass Composite Tri-Bladed Propeller (Green) CW and CCW x3 sets
Team BlackSheep Triumph 5.8GHz Antennas (RHCP)
FrSky X4RSB sbus Reciever (EU LBT)

Radio:
FlySky TH9X 2.4G 9CH Transmitter & Receiver - Bought second hand from a friend together with the FrSky XJT Module (EU LBT) for 1/3 of the original price for both.
Turnigy nano-tech 1500mAH LiFe 3S 9.9v Transmitter Pack for the TH9X

Goggles:
Eachine VR-007

Currently building it, flashed the FC and ESCs, flashed the FrSky Receiver as well and managed to bind to the XJT Module, but it was pure luck as I had to try it like 10 times to bind it. No idea why.
Now programming the radio, but having some trouble as the throttle, pitch, yaw and roll are all inverted and no matter what mode I choose I can't seem to get them to the correct setting.

Still need to buy a charger and goggles are still on the way.

Soldato
Now programming the radio, but having some trouble as the throttle, pitch, yaw and roll are all inverted and no matter what mode I choose I can't seem to get them to the correct setting.

You can either change the little > sign on the servo screen for the appropriate channel so it becomes <. Or you can go into the mixer and change the weight to -100 for the appropriate channel.

Associate
yep B6AC from a reputable source. Cheap ones on Amazon/ebay will be fakes
Limitation is the 50W as you go 4S and parallell charging but you'll need to spend a lot to overcome that

EDIT: The one you posted looks quite nice though

Associate
So my QX90 came yesterday. After messing around getting it to bind to my Flysky i6 I adjusted end and mid points. For some reason Aux2 is linked with Throttle(chan3) I cant figure out why so just added angle mode to aux2 for now.

However when attempting to take it it just spins off to the side, I have calibrated in cleanflight and double checked end and mid points all ok at 1000 1500 2000.

I think I may flash Betaflight 3.0.1 as that is what is running on my proper quad.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Soldato
So my QX90 came yesterday. After messing around getting it to bind to my Flysky i6 I adjusted end and mid points. For some reason Aux2 is linked with Throttle(chan3) I cant figure out why so just added angle mode to aux2 for now.

However when attempting to take it it just spins off to the side, I have calibrated in cleanflight and double checked end and mid points all ok at 1000 1500 2000.

I think I may flash Betaflight 3.0.1 as that is what is running on my proper quad.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

You got it on AETR1234 for Channel Map?
I would get it on Betaflight 3.0.1 straight away regardless.

Back
Top Bottom