Need to shed 4 stone, help and advice needed

Associate
Lost 14kg in the past 8 months.

My key was preperation and availability of good foods.

Prep your weeks lunches in advance not only did I find I saved money but I also was able to avoid temptations at work at the shop when getting lunch.

Also cook large portions and keep them so when you get home from work you can eat a healthy meal immediately to avoid snacking between meals.

The key here is self control and will power. The only person standing between you being fat and having the body you want is you. I learnt that and stopped making excuses. Apply this to your whole life and do better

Associate
I'm 5"8 and have dropped from 13st 10 to 9st 10 in the last 12 months.

The only way that I managed to reach this was to accept that it would indeed be a slow process over an extended period of time.

Good luck to you and start saving because you'll need to replace all of your clothes. Which has been a right ball-ache!

Caporegime
I've always had the most success when cutting with max incline (15%) treadmill walking at a pace where you need to try or you'll roll off the back. IIRC the last time I did it, it was around 250 calories burnt every 15 minutes for myself.

Last edited:
Soldato
I ballooned in weight last year, I have a history of being super fit, then letting it go, like some stupid yoyo,

I had a chat with a nutritionist and a few other people, because I'd been doing a hell of a lot of exercise for quite a while (aerobics, circuits, HIIT) and hadn't really lost any weight, despite being pretty fit aerobically, and eating low fat foods,

When we went through my diet, it turned out the amount of carbs I was consuming was the biggest problem, so I decided to try low-carb keto, so I'm consuming less than 30g of carbs a day, and trimming down to about 1500cal. The first week was awful but after I'd gotten over the hump I initially shed about 4-5KG in water, now I'm steadily losing 2lb a week.

I've gained a few benefits, I seem to be able to concentrate a bit better - I still have the same amount of strength I used to, but I feel overall a bit cleaner and healthier - I'm probably going to do it for around 12 weeks (I'm on week 3) and then gradually start eating carbs again, but not to the same level I was before.

Soldato
Ive managed to get down from circa 17 stone to now sitting at about 13st 5lb over the past 3 years. Managed to cut 2.5 stone over the space of a year and hovered around 14.5st for a year or so but joined the gym in January and slowly but surely its been coming off through doing various bits in the gym.

i've settled with the fact that it is a slow process and any rapid weight loss isn't ideal really. My goal weight was getting down to 14st as I could never seem to get past it but now I have it's 13st and if/when I hit that it will be 12st! Go to the gym 4-5 times a week in the morning and try and do something with my mates one night a week like badmo or 5 a side.

Caporegime
Really you have to look at changing your attitude and routine for the rest of your life. It isn't about a short term diet or some exercise plan, you have to change your lifestyle and decide you want to live by that healthier lifestyle. Anything that you find hard or unmotivated to keep at is bound to fail you.

Ideally you find some kind of sport you get addicted to train hard on. For me that is currently running but is changing to triathlons. But anything from fell running, cycling, tennis, rowing, hiking etc best of all is liekly mixes of these things.

Likewise diet need to be sustainable and enjoyable such that you don;t really perceive to be cutting calories excessively.

Soldato
I needed to lose over two stone and I hit my goal last week, started dieting in March. I was fed up wearing black t-shirts to hide my gut and my girlfriend told me she didn't want a fat boyfriend, now I'm fit again I might dump her :D

I just wish I had done it sooner.

Soldato
OP
Perhaps he's given up.

You're right, i had given up but back on it now.

Having not done anything different end of last year I weighed myself last week and 15st 7.5lb despite pigging out the whole of December.

So the last 9 days been eating health, cut nearly all sugar out, low carb but still enjoying my food. It's good also because my missus is now cooking more interesting food and all from scratch.

Moving office next month and will be walking to station and back every week day and going to join the local gym to help burn too.

3 stone by end of the year would be amazing. Here's to a determined go at it this time.

Soldato
Im a fat bugger who is currently on a strict diet set out by my nutrionist.

Started 5th Jan, as of today I am 20lbs down, around 9kg for those that way inclined.

My trousers are literally falling off, I need new shirts, belts, pants.

:cool:

Soldato
Im a fat bugger who is currently on a strict diet set out by my nutrionist.

Started 5th Jan, as of today I am 20lbs down, around 9kg for those that way inclined.

My trousers are literally falling off, I need new shirts, belts, pants.

:cool:

Good job, what was your start weight if you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom