*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Can anyone explain the advantages of having Sky Q in terms of watching it on tablets/phones. They make it sound as if you weren't able to watch stuff already with the apps.

Caporegime
Can anyone explain the advantages of having Sky Q in terms of watching it on tablets/phones. They make it sound as if you weren't able to watch stuff already with the apps.

Main benefit is you can transfer content from your planner that might not be available anywhere else to watch.

Associate
Oh dear, week in to my cancellation period and the offer on MySky has gone. No emails either. Didn't expect the offer on the table to vanish.

Soldato

When outside the home, the Sky Q app functions just as the Sky Go one does.

When inside the home however, it streams from the main Q box. You can thus watch any channel (some aren't available via Sky Go), it doesn't use your broadband and you can also watch recordings you've made.

As stated above, you can also download recordings (not permitted for some channels) to a tablet or phone for viewing when away from home.

Associate
No 'keep me logged in', I login each visit. No offers there today either. Goes off early Feb, I'll keep looking but if there's nothing I'll be disappointed but won't lose any sleep over it.

Associate
No 'keep me logged in', I login each visit. No offers there today either. Goes off early Feb, I'll keep looking but if there's nothing I'll be disappointed but won't lose any sleep over it.

Have you checked on your sky box on interactive? Had a 60% offer on there

Associate
There's an Interactive button on the Sky Box! Never used it before today but thank you for pointing it out to me. There is indeed a 60% offer sitting there - happy days.

Associate
There's an Interactive button on the Sky Box! Never used it before today but thank you for pointing it out to me. There is indeed a 60% offer sitting there - happy days.

If you start an online chat with sky mention the offer and you are considering it - also got offered 60 % off hd for a year! Holding out for the 75 % :D

Soldato
Checked the interactive button last night after j_walsh mentioned it and I had the 60% off for 12 months there.

Accepted and just waiting for it to show on my dads account now. Saving him over £60 a month :eek:

Soldato
With a 60% reduction message (could someone post an anonymised example ?) is it 60% off everything ?

tv costs are currently
original £22, variety £32, box £38
multi-screen £12
cinema £18, sport £27.50 or £36 for both

so if you had orig+multi+both = £70, would 60% offer be £28 ?

Man of Honour
I currently have Sky Q with the full TV package. My discount on movies, sports, box sets etc ends next month, putting my bill up to £95. I rang to cancel the extra bits, so I'll just have basic TV for £35. I am still in contract with Q till September I believe.

What's the chances that I'll be offered 50% off sports or similar in the my account area?

Soldato
I currently have Sky Q with the full TV package. My discount on movies, sports, box sets etc ends next month, putting my bill up to £95. I rang to cancel the extra bits, so I'll just have basic TV for £35. I am still in contract with Q till September I believe.

What's the chances that I'll be offered 50% off sports or similar in the my account area?

I think you'd need to cancel fully to get any offers sent through, could be wrong mind but that's the impression I've always had

Man of Honour
With a 60% reduction message (could someone post an anonymised example ?) is it 60% off everything ?

tv costs are currently
original £22, variety £32, box £38
multi-screen £12
cinema £18, sport £27.50 or £36 for both

so if you had orig+multi+both = £70, would 60% offer be £28 ?

That's what I was led to believe when I took up their offer but it's only 60% off the TV package. HD, multiroom etc is charged at full price. It's extremely misleading and bordering on dishonesty. After I raised a complaint they said they agreed with me but still wouldn't budge and just said that they will look into changing the wording of the offer. I bet that will never happen.

Caporegime
My 9 month discount was coming to an end, package was going up to £120 :eek::eek:

Had to bin sports off to bring it down to a more acceptable amount, £120 a month is bonkers (granted that includes BB & line rental).

Back
Top Bottom