• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
No problem waiting for more info. I mean the tease we had back in mid December certainly showed promise that it at least matches Intels current offerings so would depend on price.

I am honestly looking forward to next year maybe being able to build an all AMD machine if it works out but will have to see how things go. Given up with games that have PhysX in as they are done badly and honestly don't look great.

So yeah from what has been seen would rather wait for them to firm down the core speeds, drivers, motherboard bios requirements, RAM support etc and release it with on the day reviews.

Short of not having a working PC at all I feel it would be prudent for people to wait and see for this release.

Soldato
Personally I want a cpu which is fast enough out the box to not need to do any manual overclocking.

But that would always be relative to your experience and what you feel is "fast enough"

To the point where if you take the CPU's now and a TXP for instance and game at 4K then your GPU will be bottleneck not your CPU. So does that mean the stock CPU is fast enough for you?

Soldato
The i7-920 was "fast enough" out of the box, it just had stupid overclocking potential on top of that. Those days are gone though, with 4+ GHz stock speeds. I'd actually prefer a slower CPU that overclocks a lot since it'd be cheaper. :p

Soldato
You don't really need to overclock for games tbh, most gain you'll get is ~10% compared to stock in 99% of games. GPU is still where most money should go for the biggest gain.

Soldato
I totally agree, I am seriously debating a 7700k upgrade from my 3770k. I'm worried the silence from amd, so close to launch is not good. Surely, if this is so brilliant, they should be shouting about it and stopping people buying Intel?

That's never been AMD's modus operandi unfortunately. They always believe that silence is the best policy when it comes to substantive details.

Caporegime
Clip_29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom