What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I also found one of my old failed Xenarc bulbs in the drawer, again with the very cloudy bulbous bit.

yH6stZbh.png

As previously mentioned they also changed the design at some point:

AIybSFch.jpg.png

Old:
mGJqpFCh.jpg.png

New:
B39CFReh.jpg.png

From what I have seen/experienced - I would definitely recommend people chose Philips bulbs over the Osram ones.

Caporegime
It wasn't the belt. The alternator pulley disintegrated and fell out of the bottom of the car, and the belt re-tensioned on the shaft which explains the almighty noise, the stuff falling out of the bottom of the car, and the fact that it started charging a bit soon after.

Soldato
How i have to have my seat:

4y6d0zc.jpg

When baby seat in installed:

rUARLx2.jpg

Do'h....

Literally cannot get in the car when the baby seat is behind my seat. I know, i know, put it behind the passenger seat, then my 11 year old cannot fit in the back. Not that i bought it for its practicality. :p

A car change has got to happen now.

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Made quite a lot of minor alterations to the map over the last couple of years. Since I last properly flashed the ECU back in 2014, I decided to update it properly. I got the original flash chips changed from AMD28's to AMD29's so I can flash these in the car via canbus without the need for a higher programming voltage. However, don't try and flash an ECU this way with only 7% battery left on the laptop as it hibernates at 5% and bricks the ECU mid flash. :o Had to pull the ECU out and dig out all of the old BDM kit to fix it. One un-bricked ECU.
gallery_44179_303_152803.jpg

Plugs checked and gap set to 0.9mm.
gallery_44179_303_220319.jpg

Soldato
rybo its time to give up on life and get a people carrier :)

Never.

Na, i knew it was coming. Just proper stuck on what to get next. Was half temped to do a spec me thread but i never listen to good advice until its too late anyway :p

I want toys, space and comfort. So basically a Mondeo. We'll see what happens...

Man of Honour
So today I got in the car around 11am and went for a drive. I got home around 6pm after some proper runs of the Evo Triangle! Rubbish weather all day but what a fantastic section of road, though I would call it a fantastic V with the A5 between the points. I can see why people rave about it, I would imagine on a dry day with good visibility and less standing water it would be spectacular.

Soldato

Don't, i would love one. Did cross my mind for a while but the internet has put me off.

Seats look in good condition. :p

Surprised they are cloth and not leather?

I always figured leather would be easier to clean especially with a kid! :o

I got too excited when i seen the car was like a transformer and forgot to check for iDrive and leather. :p

Soldato
So today I got in the car around 11am and went for a drive. I got home around 6pm after some proper runs of the Evo Triangle! Rubbish weather all day but what a fantastic section of road, though I would call it a fantastic V with the A5 between the points. I can see why people rave about it, I would imagine on a dry day with good visibility and less standing water it would be spectacular.

See I'd love to just pop out for a good run... But where do I go from south London.. ! I'm so annoyed with the fact that to even get out of it towards Surrey it takes me an hour! Never mind evo triangle which is very much on my list of roads to explore sooner or later. How far away do you live from it ? Just wondering if I'm being a wuss and not willing to spend 2.5 hours getting somewhere fun.

Soldato

It's alright, but there are plenty of as good and some better roads up there.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato

Agreed, the couple of times I've driven it I've always skipped out the A5, far too much traffic so it's more fun to swing a U turn and go back the other way.

OCUK Welsh Weekender anyone?

Soldato
See I'd love to just pop out for a good run... But where do I go from south London.. ! I'm so annoyed with the fact that to even get out of it towards Surrey it takes me an hour! Never mind evo triangle which is very much on my list of roads to explore sooner or later. How far away do you live from it ? Just wondering if I'm being a wuss and not willing to spend 2.5 hours getting somewhere fun.

Just team it up with a trip somewhere. So long as you're heading out of London anyway the worst part is over with and you're half way there

Back
Top Bottom