Fidget Spinners (and other toys) Thread [Image heavy]

Soldato
I have 2 Fidget Cubes (not the "official" ones, far too expensive), I got mine for £3.49 each (they are the highest quality fakes you can get, and feel pretty much the same as the real one except the joystick is slightly different)
These two:

s-l300.jpg

Some people might see it as a waste of time/money, but its better than having all sorts of junk laying around my desk so I can twiddle with stuff and spin stuff around my finger usually going straight into the opposite wall. They help tremendously, specially the spinner.
If you don't feel an urge to well...fidget....with stuff then yeah you will see it as pointless, but for people who just can't keep there hands still, these are wonderful.

Soldato
OP
Exactly at Matsy says, some people may find them pointless, but they're not for everyone. Just people who like to fidget with things at their desk.

As I said in the other thread, I had no idea stuff like this existed - Have just ordered a Copper Torqbar (Knockoff) $25. I'm constantly fiddling with stuff when on the phone in work, had to have one of these.

hdcyo7s.jpg

Nate

Good choice, this is my one, I went for aluminium. Brass and copper will spin longer due to the weight:

Soldato
OP
How are you fiddling exactly? Once it's spun, it kinda seems like just something to watch rather than play with.

It makes a humming sensation between your fingers which is really relaxing and soothing, if you tilt them it also makes some vibrate slightly to give you a different sensation.

Do your hands smell of metal after fidgeting with that? Genuine question.

Nope not at all. At least not with my 2, you may get it with uncoated brass or copper though.

I'm confused by this, you use these at WORK? I wish i could idly sit at my desk and spin something rather than actually, you know, work!

When you're developing, you're not constantly coding, a lot of the time is problem solving and reading, the perfect time to fiddle.

I was thinking about buying one of these the other day, actually. They look like good fun to play with. I'm a bit of a fidgeter so would quite like one, but I'm definitely going to get an eBay knock-off.

I'd suggest the same as Nate for a starter spinner, they're very good and fairly cheap. If you don't want a spinner the Fidget Cube is an awesome piece of kit.

Associate
Hmm I don't see why you need these. My desk is /covered/ with fiddling bits. From locks, small knives, electronics bits, marbles, wires, small tools etc etc. Just get tinkering guys, make 'projects' and so on, and you'll get enough 'fidgetting' kit for several lifetimes!

Back
Top Bottom